“overall ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kenyon Inn

Kenyon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gambier
Kenyon Inn
You added Kenyon Inn to your Saves list
100 West Wiggin Street, Gambier, OH 43022   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Gambier B&B and Inns
Gambier, Ohio
“overall ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I came to Kenyon for an interview and they put me up in this nice hotel. Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful except for the restaurant manager Deborah. I ordered some food and when she gave it to me she said "wow, you ordered a lot of food". i don't come to a restaurant to get the server's opinion of my food portion. very poor. the restaurant also had no vegetarian options for a dinner entree. Really? I got some grilled vegetables arranged nicely on a plate. Breakfast oatmeal was terrible. raisins were old! So disappointing. And the yogurt and fruit was just as disappointing. A sprinkle of granola and mandarin oranges on top. When I see fruit and yogurt I expect fresh fruit and not canned. Usual fruits include strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Also the lemon yogurt parfait for dessert was terrible. I think they get away with such poor food because its the only fine restaurant in the village.

Room service was also not great. They only made my bed and replaced my linens and did not replenish my shampoo, conditioner or lotion or tidy the room at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

What a charming place to stay. The staff was welcoming and truly made you feel like family. They helped me with any request I had: from walking me outside to show me where I needed to go, to finding me a ziplock bag!!! The decor was inviting, the rooms were clean, spacious and had great linens and towels. I loved that the rooms had clocks in them that were equipped to charge an iPhone. I would have liked to have seen the lamps with outlets on them as well, or at least easier excess to wall outlets so I could plug in my other electronics. The bathroom was small and did not have a tub, only a shower, but it was clean and had all the extras like shower caps, lotions, shampoos and what not. When I booked the room, I thought it was pricey, but it was right on campus and I wanted the location. When I left, I knew I had gotten a real bargain. What a great find!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this very comfortable and very updated Inn during a college tour swing. Basically located right on campus. Much more than I expected from this very small town/village. The room looked brand new and was very bright and clean.

• Stayed March 2013
Gambier, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Returned to "show off" the old college. The Inn was new; everything was perfect! Better than memory of the old days. Food and service outstanding. Front desk for guest information was wonderful.

Just could not be better!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm lucky enough to visit the Kenyon 4 or 5 times a year on business, the whole atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make every trip enjoyable. The hotel has had a revamp in the last 12 months which have turned it into an absolute oasis after a days work.
The hotel is situated in the lovely town of Gambier home to Kenyon College with it's beautiful buildings and excellent facilities.
By far the best place to stay in Ohio.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you are planning a trip to visit Kenyon College, book your room at the Kenyon Inn asap before it fills up because it's a beautiful inn and right in the middle of campus and all of the action at the College. I don't know whether it's new or just newly renovated, but everything is so tasteful. I couldn't help but wonder why other top liberal arts colleges don't have similarly nice inns nearby. Everyone who works there is pleasant but they think nothing of sending you up the stairs with luggage, so you will need to ask for directions to the elevator. Rooms are very nicely appointed in neutral, sophisticated tones with artsy photos. Bed is firm and super comfortable. Food is good (but portions are tiny.) But don't expect room service -- there is a vending machine on the first floor. So much nicer than most inns near other top colleges.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were told to get to our room through a side door so we walked around to it and found a smoking station overflowing with cigarette butts and garbage. Not a great 1st impression. The room decor was great and it was clean. However, the air conditioning was set to 55 when we arrived, so the room was freezing. We turned it off for several hours. When it was time to go to sleep, we adjusted the temp and put it back on. The a/c was definitely blowing an allergen into & around the room, and I started to have an allergy attack. We turned it off, and then were very hot all night and didn't sleep well. Dinner and breakfast at the restaurant were fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kenyon Inn? Share your experiences!