“Comfy, clean & cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Gallipolis
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfy, clean & cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Rooms clean, linens clean, beds comfy - even had a mini fridge and microwave in each room. Furniture is outdated but otherwise clean. Carpets were clean in the 2 rooms we had. Don't expect a great breakfast-they need a toaster. Had a few cereals and frozen waffles. Since no toaster for the waffles, had to use micro which made them hard. OJ, bananas & apples. Sufficient for us but maybe not to others but for the price you should not expect really to even have breakfast. Owner very friendly, good location, grocery store & drug store very close.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Vinton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My family and I have stayed at this motel for around 10 years one week out of the year. It is very convenient, as all of us kids were in 4-H at the time and needed to be close to the fairgrounds. It may not be fancy or up-to-date, but it does have the basics if you're just passing through town and need a place to rest. Our rooms were always a little outdated, but we had a nice bed to sleep in, a mini-fridge, and a clean bathroom. The housekeeping always makes sure you have clean towels and a clean room. I would stay here again. Not bad for a night or so.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mt. Rainier, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is not where to book your special anniversary romantic weekend. The Budget is a little decrepit and a little dingy. But it had everything I needed: clean linens, a clean bathroom, an absence of vermin and a friendly, helpful staff. It's a nice cheap place to stop for the night. I'd stay there should I pass thru Gallipolis again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Delta, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed here when the folks first took over the motel 16 years ago and they were always friendly and accomodating. I had not been there for 14 years and they remember me as we stayed there while resting for our next trip. I was an over the road driver. Nicer people you cannot find anywhere. The owner even commented how well I dressed while working. What a very nice thing to say in front of my wife. It goes to show you that these nice folks do not forget. Any negatives,I don`t have and with the knowledge of these nice folks, if anyone had problems with them, it had to be there fault. I will always go back because of the nice things the say and am sure that they pass these on to other folks. Raju, and your son are to be commended. We will definately be back next year during Bob Evans Festival and the flea market. Also the continental breakfast was good and they also offered drinks to us when we checked in. Great folks. Thanks Raju and Den. Ralph & Ruth

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I arrived at 10:40 pm, the desk clerk Sandy gave me a room, I walked in and the smell about knocked me out. Also, there was no lock on the door??? I called the front desk and asked if I could please have a room that had a lock and did not stink! She said, yes, I can put you in another room. I hauled all my stuff back to the front desk and got another key. I walked in the 2nd room and it stunk almost as bad as the 1st one, but had a lock on the door. I called for the 2nd time and said, "could I please have a room that does not stink, and has a lock". The night gal was just coming on duty and she said her and I would pick out a room together. I think her name was edna, and she was very helpful. She stated that the rooms do stink, they get complaints all the time, but the owner does nothing about it. After looking at 2 more rooms, I took a room that stunk, but not as bad as the others. I then upacked and attempted to plug in my laptop and cell phone, and guess what, there we no available outlets! I called edna and she looked in my roomwell, we could not find one available outlet. After a few minutes she brought me an orange utility extension cord, with only one plug in. I was so confused ... I thought we have to be missing something. And after checking another room we learned the bed was over the outlet, we had to move the bed one foot to the left to get to the outlet. The out let had no cover and there were bare wires showing! I was like, I am not going to use this outlet! The tub was nasty and I would not stick my big toe in it! I made sure the smoke alarm worked and popped 2 large sleeping pills and prayed the hotel would not catch on fire! By this time it was after mid-nite. I should have demanded a refund and left, but i was exhaused after traveling all day.

I spoke with the Owner Mr. Patel the next morning and he said - I stayed all night and he would not refund anything!!!

When I checked out, I tolf him I would never stay there again, and he called me a raicist. He went on to say how I was racist - I attempted to explain my HORRIBLE expereince, he kept going on about how I was racist. I let him finish - and when I started to explain all the issues, he said he did not want to hear them.

I AM going to report the bare wires .... I am sure the corporate headquarters will not do anything - but as for me. I will NEVER pay for a room, until I INSPECT IT FIRST!!!

OH MY GOSH - this was the WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!! And it cost me $60!!!!

I could have gone to a ROACH MOTEL and it would have smelled better!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
durham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Rain water was pooring in thru the windows of my room when I arrived. My room didn't have a shower so I had to take a bath. The door to the bathroon didn't close all the way

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
budgetinn260, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Budget inn has showers in all rooms....in defense of rain water...window seal had gone bad, very sorry for inconvenience.....
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

I telephoned this Budget Inn for a place to stay while attending the Bob Evans Farm Festival on October 11, 2008. I visited the Bob Evans Farm Festival as a teen ager about 25 years ago. The festival left a great impression in my memory, and I always said I would return to share the fun with others who would appriciate it. 25 years ago I styed on site in a motorhome with my parents.

When I called the Budget Inn (7 hours away from home) I really did not expect to get a room because it was last second decision to stay close to the Bob Evans Farm and the festival draws a huge crowd. But I decided to get a room because I thought we would need another day at the festival in case we didn't cover the whole thing in one day. The receptionist stated that it is late but they did have (1) non- smoking room left with a the size bed I requested. I considered myself lucky to still be able to get a room, so I reserved it. On the evening of 10/11/08 after being at the festival from open to close and totally exhausted, I could not wait to get to the room to relax. When I arrived the male receptionist was very pleasant. I was directed to my room, and was surprised that the room was on the first floor and the very first room you arrive at when walking in the door from the parking lot. At first I thought the room was "Ok" but not spectacular. I talked with my girlfriend who I was sharing this "special" trip with and against our better judgement, decided to stay because it was late at night and nowhere else to go. The room smelled musty with black mold in the shower/tub area. The ENTIRE NIGHT INTO THE MORNING there was an unbearable noise coming from the ice, pop, and vending machines located in the hall directly across from our room. Not to mention the VERY disturbing noise ALL NIGHT AND INTO THE MORNING of the slamming door going to the parking lot. After about a total of an hour of sleep, it was time to get up and check out. I mentioned to the owner my ENTIRE unpleasant stay and all he could say is..."sorry." I asked him if he has ever had complaints from this room and he stated "never." I told him that it was hard to believe considering that it was the only room left....but it was the most convenient room in the hotel as far as being on the first floor, right off the parking lot, and the first room that you come to. WHY WAS THIS ROOM NOT ONE OF THE FIRST ROOMS TO BE RENTED OUT???? Of course....it was waiting for a SUCKER like me!!!! I then asked the owner for a discounted price and he stated that it was too late cause I already stayed the night. I advised him that I wanted the phone number to the cooperate office and who I could talk to to file a complaint. The owner gave me a business card and wrote down a name on it. I asked him who the name was and he replied "ME!!" I told him that I did not want to complain to him because it was not getting me anywhere in person....why would I call and complain to him. Obviously he knew my intentions....THIS PLACE SUCKS, THUS THE HEADING "NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Stale donut breakfast, the room, the noise, the terrible management....everything!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!