“Not so good.” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Medallen's Gyros & More
1376 Cherry Bottom Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230-6771 (Formerly Greek Island Restaurant)
614-474-0099
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 87 Restaurants in Gahanna
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Columbus, OH
“Not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had been here before when it was Greek Island and it was average. I had seen that the name was changed, and had heard under different "new management". After receiving a coupon, we thought we would give it a try. We called in a carry out order. When we arrived (a little early from the time quote) we were told that the order was just about ready, just waiting for the fries. I replied, "no problem, at least I know there fresh". Maybe? Fries were hot but no where near crisp. Just oily and limp. The house dressing is very good, it's a shame I got brown and wilted lettuce to put it on. The regular Gyro is very full, but the meat was in small pieces, almost like scraps. We purchased 4 gyros and all of them were like this so I assume this is standard? The lettuce, like the salad, was wilted and the tzatziki sauce was very thin and lacked flavor.
There are too many other, better Mediterranean Cuisine restaurants in the area to justify a return visit.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I LOVE (and miss) their...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

I LOVE (and miss) their chicken gyros!!! I wish we had a restaurant like this where I live!