“just average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ohio
“just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

used a groupon to have dinner. the wine was good, the service ok and the food average. probably won't go back

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Don't eat there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had lunch there with friends. Ordered several items off the menu, one of which was their crab cakes. My first bite into the crab cakes left me with the taste/smell of ammonia. My friends noticed the same bad ammonia taste. We brought it to the wait staffs attention and he took it to the Chef/cook. The chef indicated there was nothing wrong. The crab cakes were not deducted from our meal. Bottom line, don't eat at a restaurant who's chef does not recognize the indications of decaying fish.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“It's always a good choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great atmosphere, great food, knowledgable staff and great wine...what else can you ask for?
I speak from experience, as I've been coming here for just over two years now and I'm ashamed to say that I should have been sending more regular reviews.

Perfect place to relax and enjoy wine. Sampling here is a good choice. The flights are good and change regularly, but the servers can guide you towards your preference if you'd like. I've been shown some excellent wines over the last couple years.

Buy your wine here too. Very good selection of all price ranges and varietals. Again, the staff can help you with questions or make recommendations for you. Don't be afraid to chat with them either...they love to talk wine with you at whatever level you're comfortable.

Let's talk food...really good food too! Wonderful appetizers...my favorite is the hummus with grilled pitas. The grilled flavor on the pita is delicious! Small plates or entrees make finding just what you want an easy task. Whatever you order, will be delicious. I really can't say what my favorite is because the choices are so varied and so good...the salmon is good, the beef filet is good too. The other night, one of the features was Mahi Mahi and it was very good. Honestly, I've never had a bad meal or snack here. Almost forgot, the Margarita pizza is the best I've eaten!!!

A good amount of seating around the bar area gives couples and single folks a great view of the room and allows for some friendly conversations with your neighbors. Of course, eating and tasting wines at the bar is welcomed. The ambiance is second to none for a wine bar...very warm and welcoming. You can sit in the mist of people or be tucked away in a cozy area that's been sectioned off by a shelf of wines. In nice weather, the patio is open, but I really prefer the inside for some reason. However, the fountains and common area of Creekside make a nice back drop.

Eat, shop and drink wine...perfection in my book!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“One of a dying breed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have been here on multiple occasions for dinner and/or drinks, most recently in late Nov 2012. The food has never disappointed, the service has always been friendly, and the wine selection is outstanding. Whether your goal is to try a variety of options in a flight or you have a specific favorite you'd like by the bottle, the options are available. One of the more impressive features is the ability to buy a bottle of wine on site (retail shop) and then pay a corkage fee to drink that bottle - way more economical than a bottle at most restaurants where you see a 2-2.5x retail markup. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westerville, Ohio
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AT THE GAHANNA LOCATION!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family came in from out of town (2 hours away) to celebrate my mom's birthday at the Wine Guys in Gahanna. We decided to do an early dinner and six of us arrived at the restaurant around 4:30pm. The restaurant was pretty much empty at that time and were sat at a nice table by the window. After ordering flights and a few appetizers, we were told there was a shift change and our original server who greeted us was being switched due to shift change-no biggie!

When the new server greeted us, she let us know that the dinner menu started at 5pm (we knew this already and didn't mind the wait), told us the specials, and then told us that the 'Investors' of the restaurant had a reservation at 6pm
at the table we were at, so if we were not done by then, we would be moved to another table! Needless to say, we were appalled by this. Why on earth were we sat there in the first place? As if we would actually be OK with moving in the middle of our dinner!

This restaurant isn't a place to eat quickly and leave, as we consider it a fine dining place and were planning on taking our time. After the server told us this, we decided to finish our wine and appetizers and go to another restaurant where we wouldn't be 'kicked out' at a certain time.

WILL NEVER GO BACK!