“Exceeded Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Stockton, California
“Exceeded Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Very nice and knowledgable staff. Room fully cleaned, and all kitchen and bathroom items were able. Bed very comfortable, and even with very noisy neighbors (I could hear them when I was in the hall), my room walls and door were very well insulated--I could not hear them with my doors closed. heating, plumbing, and all kitchen appliances worked well. My ONLY complaint would be a funny odor in the room, as though new carpet had been recently installed. Minor, however, compared to all that was done well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My positive experience started with a direct call to the hotel. Paul took the call. He took my reservation with the most pleasant attitude I've experienced in quite a while. The next day when I arrived, I was welcomed by Paul. Genuine hospitality. He is very personable, as well as proffessional. I was made to feel "at home". The accommodating attitude is real. If you like to be taken care and treated as if the success of the business depended on you. Then you need to stay at the Candlewood Suites, Columbus Airport. It's nice to treated as "royalty"!! Still don't know what I mean? You just need to come here and experience it yourself!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

What a great hotel . . . it was very clean and staff was friendly and welcoming! We walked in without a reservation and were able to get a lovely room at a super rate. The room has a kitchen with dishes, silverware and pans. They have a handy little store in the lobby and a can of soda is only 50 cents! This hotel is tucked away in a suburb of Columbus called Gahanna. I would say it is the best kept secret in Gahanna, Ohio!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My room was about as nice as it could be. Clean and in good condition. It had a full kitchen, nice size bathroom and like new furnishings. The staff was very nice too. My only complaint was the person in the room above me who loudly walked around her room for hours each night. I spoke the management about it and they were going to talk to her since she was staying for an extended period. They also offered to move me, but I declined since I wasn't staying very long.

All in all, I'd gladly stay there again. It's in a nice area convenient to food, grocery stores and just about anything else you'd want. Prices were very good too!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

My recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport was nothing short of spectacular. From the check in experience through the quality of the accommodations the services exceeded all of my expectations. Amie was a terrific concierge and not only helpful and accommodating through the check-in process but also advised on directions and restaurant options. Overall the stay was a very pleasant experience. I would highly recommend the Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport even for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I reserved a non-smoking room and while the only room available was "supposed" to be non-smoking, it reeked of smoke and included an ashtray and matches.

Also, the counters in the kitchenette were full of cigarette burns and blisters. In general, the hotel was a dump.

Since they couldn't fulfill on my I left and got a room across the street at the Marriott Springhill Suites who were the exact opposite of this experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This Candlewood is off the main drag, but close to the airport, expressway and dining. They have alot of work crews and exended stay tenants but it was clean, well maintained and quiet. Great value for Columbus area and the accomodations.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!