“Nice for a Candlewood Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Hartford
“Nice for a Candlewood Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stay at Candlewood Suites across the country a few times each month. This place is up to the standard so I do recommend it. I did have a slight problem with my room (as can happen at any hotel) and the management responded favorably and made me happy. Next door is a great restaurant and many other close by. Only 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes to downtown Columbus. I will come back next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here nearly two weeks. The hotel is close to the airport and a short drive to Columbus City/German Village. There is a restaurant next door and a 10 minute walk gives you access to several other eating places and a Kroger supermarket if you want to cater for yourself in the well equipped kitchen in the open plan studio suite. The room was clean, but you only get this service once per week, but if you want the towels changed more frequently you only have to ask. . There is no breakfast like what you get with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, but with a microwave, 2 ring hob, toaster, coffee maker and a large Fridge/Freezer, plus all the utensils etc. you need then this is any a problem. Even in the Holiday Inn's you have to do some of the cooking yourself in the dining room.

The only negatives were that the Freezer part of the Fridge/Freezer is noisy when the thermostat tells it to switch and it does so for about 10 minutes or so. The staff did change it for slightly quieter one and some rooms I was told have newer quieter models. If the kitchen was in a different room, rather than in an open plan area this would not be an issue. The only other issue was not having a safe in the room. There are a limited number, first come first served, small lock up lockers available in the reception, but these are not big enough for larger items such as a camera, only passports, wallets etc.

There are several free washing machines and dryers for guests to use, next to the gym.

The free WiFi worked well on the second floor that my room was on.

All the staff were friendly and helpful making my stay a pleasant one. For best prices look on the hotels own website and book 7 days ahead. I used booking.com for my first week and paid slightly more.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper ask for a room with a new quiet Fridge Freezer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped by on our way home from Buffalo New York. The hotel attendant was very friendly and knowledgeable. We got a good recommendation for the restaurant nearby (Hickory House) which offered good food and a nice atmosphere. The hotel room was very spacious with a new look (desk/table) all one piece surrounding almost the entire wall. We love the large refrigerator since we were bringing home lots of good Polish food. The a/c was great as I need a 60 degree room for sleeping. This place was immaculate. We will definitely come back. We used our Priority Club points so I don't really know what their prices are. Usually, it is a very good value. Try it - you'll like the convenient location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just needed a 1 night stay by the Airport. This was pretty close and the rate was fantastic. They don't have a shuttle so you need to cab it. The cabs aren't cheap either. Great room, fairly large and a good sized Kitchenette. The store in the lobby had a decent selection of food and there is a great restaurant just behind the hotel. The staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three months during a work assignment. I was very happy with the hotel itself and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My bed was awesomely comfortable. The new décor is beautiful and I felt at home. Hotel is close to several restaurants and grocery type shopping, but you have to go a little further for entertainment or leisure shopping. Easy access to the interstate and airport. There is no pool but it does have a nice exercise room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Homewood, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We wanted to use points for an overnight stay while visiting relatives in a Columbus, OH suburb and be close to a mall. While clean, the décor of this the room was outdated. We had to remind the front desk of a couple of requests which were not fulfilled but made at the time of the reservation. I'm giving a rating of 3 stars because the room was equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave and stovetop. Service at the front desk was friendly. I liked the "Spin the Wheel" to win a small prize.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear MrsT907,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. It is very nice to know that you have noticed the cleanliness of the property. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience on some aspect during you stay with us. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at a few hotels near the airport in Columbus, and the Candlewood Suites is my favorite (another hotel I have reviewed on TripAdvisor is a close second).

What I like most about it:
1) Ample room for working
2) Kitchen
3) On-site laundry services
4) Full cable (with HBO)
5) Friendly and efficient staff.
6) Very reasonable price

This hotel is a very good return on investment.

Room Tip: I like the one bedroom suites - they feel like a one bedroom apartment... (and if you are a priority...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!