“Comfort Inn & Suites, Fremont, Ohio” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfort Inn & Suites, Fremont, Ohio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at this property on April 13 and found the property to be extremely clean, The staff was friendly and courteous. I was part of a large group that was in town for a funeral and everyone in the group was pleased with the service and the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wyoming, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Room was very clean, beds were comfortable, staff was very helpful, but the rooms themselves seemed loud. We could hear the people in the room next door just like they were standing next to us. They were not being what I would consider excessively loud. We just used this to spend the night and it was adequate for that once everyone was in bed next door to us. The breakfast was also the standard hot and continental breakfast found at most mid-level hotels and was suitable. The staff was what I would consider extra friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try not to have a neighbor on the north end of the building.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the noise levels and lack of sound proofing that occurred during your stay. If you stay with us in the future again please let me know and I will find a more quiet place for you. I hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been staying here regularly on business for years. This is my go-to motel when I am anywhere close to Fremont. Very clean and accommodating. Excellent staff and close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Call early for reservations during the summer, as they frequently book up.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stays with us. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and appreciate your repeat business. If we can ever do anything to make your stay more comfortable please let me know.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am from the Fremont area. When I come home, I reserve my room at the Comfort Inn & Suites. It's very clean, close to shopping and restaurants. The price is right on target! We recommend you stop and stay!

Room Tip: If you are a gov't employee inquire about the govt rate.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear guests enjoy their stay with us and I will share the review with my staff. I appreciate your business and if we can do anything to make your stays more comfortable please let us know.

Thanks,

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This used to be my favorite stopover between Pittsburgh and Chicago. In fact, this hotel is the reason I joined the ChoiceHotel program. But my last stay was horrible! The price has tripled and the service has declined. We travel with service dogs: Delta Society-trained dogs who visit hospitals and nursing homes. NEVER have we been charged a "wild animal fee" in a hotel. Occasionally, there's a pet fee, but usually, because of the service our animals provide (they are volunteers) no one charges an extra service fee (especially without notifying a guest – nice $25 surprise on the bill!) What was worse was the partying in the lounge area until 2 a.m. I understand it's March Madness and St. Patrick's Day, but "beers and wings – yea!" shouting so late when there's bars and AppleBee's and Fricke's within walking distance. Half of the partyers were not guests of the hotel (they admitted this; they just like the pool). This hotel has no security, inside or out, so the desk clerk was without help to throw the partyers out. Very disappointing, esp with kids running up and down the hallways all night long. Noisy, noisy, noisy. Some of us work! Needless to say, the dogs did not visit the Children's Hospital the next morning ....

Room Tip: Second floor on the south side (left of the lounge)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable for you as we try to make sure every guest leaves our hotel happy and well rested and am sorry you were not.

On the night in question we did have a couple inconsiderate swim groups in who failed to control their kids and I apologize for that. I can also assure you that we do not allow guests from the outside to come in and just use our pool at their leisure.

Our hotel rates have not tripled in the last few years. I feel our rates our very competitive and they do flunctuate with different events going on in the area but we are still significantly lower than several competitors down the street from us.

Our Pet Policy is a 25.00 charge per pet per stay. If we are made aware that the pet is a service animal the pet fee is waived.

If you would like to contact the hotel I would be more than happy to discuss these issues with you.

Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our stay at Comfor Inn & Suites was very pleasant - we were treated with friendly service.
Rooms were very clean and spacious and comfortable.
Many restaurants very close, most in walking distance.
We found no negatives about this hotel.
We will stay here again on our trips east.
Doug and Karen Martinsen

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I will share them with my staff. Please let me know when you will be back in our area again and I will see that we upgrade you to a suite.

Jason Hawkins, CHA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!