“Should have stayed at the Holiday Inn.” 2 of 5 stars

Fremont-Days Inn
Save Saved
You added Fremont-Days Inn to your Saves list
Fremont-Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 N. State Route 53, Ohio Turnpike Gate #6, Fremont, OH 43420   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
“Should have stayed at the Holiday Inn.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Bland service place looks out dated. Overall the hotel did it's job except the noises from people at 4-5am slamming doors. The service sucked Liz the Manager needs a lesson on customer service. First lesson being "Hello?" Don't stay here there are better deals out there keep looking let this one go out of business like everything else around it.

• Stayed July 2014
FremontDaysInn, General Manager at Fremont-Days Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I would like to apologize for any customer service issues you had during your stay. If I was rude or unhelpful in any way, you have my sincerest apologies. Although we are in a transitional period, here at the hotel, our number one concern is customer satisfaction. We take any and all complaints very seriously here. If you would like to contact me and discuss your stay, I will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Liz Czerwinski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I never know exactly how to review a hotel like the Fremont-Days Inn. Was this the best appointed hotel I've ever stayed in? No. Was it the cleanest? No. But, it was pretty much what I expected when I booked it, so it would be unfair of me to give it anything less than an "average" rating. Let's say it met my expectations, and will probably meet yours too, if you are used to staying at this level of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfax County, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had a "no smoking room" but it smelled stale and musty.
The big issue is that the place is an electrical disaster. The electric outlet in the bathroom was so worn that I had to hold the electric razor plug in the receptacle when using it - If I did not the cord would fall right out of the outlet (the ground fault tripped twice because of this). The outlet by the bed was the same - in order to keep my laptop plugged in I had to use the case to hold the plug in the outlet (I doubt the place would pass an electrical inspection). The light switches on the lamps were very temperamental too.
Housekeeping is poor - I used the bathmat the first night I was there, did not get a dry one the next day. The day after that it disappeared and no new one showed up during my remaining two days. The white towels are yellowed and smelled like smoke, the bed was usable - but nothing more.
I stayed here last year and did not note any of these problems. I chose this motel because of the location and the online price, but next year I will spend a few more dollars and look for a place that does not smell and that has usable electrical outlets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Fremont hotels

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel I is way over priced for the room but the employees were great we left our very expensive camera and the people who cleaned our room turned it in and the manager sent it to us as for friendly and honest employees its a great place just over priced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

i have never stayed in a days inn before and i will never stay in one again. i did not walk barefoot on the floor or use the shower. there were 2 beds in my room and one of them had dirty sheets on it. the wall around the tub was pushed in and the bottom of the tub had scum on it where a mat used to be. there was one clerk at the front desk and she was overwhelmed & not well trained. i waited 20 minutes to check in while she dealt with phone calls and the manager [who interrupted the clerk], who was leaving for the day and didn't help the clerk at all, even though there was a line of people waiting. the phone in my room did not work. when i told the front desk i was told oh, i will see if i can find someone to bring you a new phone. that never happened. they have a sign saying you can buy beer at the front desk so i took the long walk down there, waited while the lone clerk figured out what key to use to unlock the cooler and get me a beer, only to find out that they can't take credit cards for anything other than rooms . she sent me to the bar to pay but there was no one in sight so i had to go into the kitchen to find someone who could not take payment of the beer from the lobby and had to get me a new beer. the place is a confusion. they also charge $1.07/night for the privilege of having a 'safe' in your room. this is in addition to the $100 room charge per night. this place is sketchy. it would be great if the doors from the outside into hotel corridors required a key card to get in.

Room Tip: stay someplace else or sleep in your car
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
FremontDaysInn, General Manager at Fremont-Days Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience here at Days Inn Fremont. We are in the process of upgrading our housekeeping department, so positive changes are on the way! Please consider returning to our property, to see all the changes.

Liz Czerwinski, GM
Days Inn Fremont
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never written a review on this website before - or any travel website about any hotel before. This hotel is so exceptionally gross that I felt the need to warn others and save them the burden of staying here. As soon as I walked in, I was hit with an odd smell. I don't know what it is, but everything is extremely dated and extremely dirty. (The water in my bathroom has a yellow tint!). After checking in I learned there is no elevator so be prepared to haul your baggage up stairs! Then I walk into my room and the heat was on... It's a 90 degree summer day. I will probably not even sleep tonight bc I'm so uncomfortable with sleeping in this bed with dingy linens. The bath towels have a brownish tinge as well. Still not ruling out my car at this point. I don't think I've ever stayed at a more disgusting hotel (and I do not typically stay at expensive or luxurious hotels). The fact that they charge any money let alone $100/night should be a crime. If any money is changing hands I should be paid to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

At first glance the floor looked clean, but it was dirty. My baby was crawling on it and her skin turned black! The shower was not very clean either--the area around the "mat" at the bottom of the tub was gross. Decided not to give my kids a bath--and they really needed one. Also,the crib I requested was not in the room. When I called they brought one promptly,but it would have been nice not to have to wait with 4 tired and crabby kids at 10 at night. Then the lady couldn't figure out how to set it up. No complaints about her--she tried. But the staff could obviosuly be trained better. Other than that the staff was helpful and while I could tell we had noisy neighbors the room was very well insulated--we were all still able to sleep well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fremont-Days Inn? Share your experiences!