“over priced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fremont-Days Inn

Fremont-Days Inn
You added Fremont-Days Inn to your Saves list
Fremont-Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 N. State Route 53, Ohio Turnpike Gate #6, Fremont, OH 43420   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Toronto
“over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel I is way over priced for the room but the employees were great we left our very expensive camera and the people who cleaned our room turned it in and the manager sent it to us as for friendly and honest employees its a great place just over priced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gloucester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

i have never stayed in a days inn before and i will never stay in one again. i did not walk barefoot on the floor or use the shower. there were 2 beds in my room and one of them had dirty sheets on it. the wall around the tub was pushed in and the bottom of the tub had scum on it where a mat used to be. there was one clerk at the front desk and she was overwhelmed & not well trained. i waited 20 minutes to check in while she dealt with phone calls and the manager [who interrupted the clerk], who was leaving for the day and didn't help the clerk at all, even though there was a line of people waiting. the phone in my room did not work. when i told the front desk i was told oh, i will see if i can find someone to bring you a new phone. that never happened. they have a sign saying you can buy beer at the front desk so i took the long walk down there, waited while the lone clerk figured out what key to use to unlock the cooler and get me a beer, only to find out that they can't take credit cards for anything other than rooms . she sent me to the bar to pay but there was no one in sight so i had to go into the kitchen to find someone who could not take payment of the beer from the lobby and had to get me a new beer. the place is a confusion. they also charge $1.07/night for the privilege of having a 'safe' in your room. this is in addition to the $100 room charge per night. this place is sketchy. it would be great if the doors from the outside into hotel corridors required a key card to get in.

Room Tip: stay someplace else or sleep in your car
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
FremontDaysInn, General Manager at Fremont-Days Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience here at Days Inn Fremont. We are in the process of upgrading our housekeeping department, so positive changes are on the way! Please consider returning to our property, to see all the changes.

Liz Czerwinski, GM
Days Inn Fremont

Travelers are raving about these Fremont hotels

Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never written a review on this website before - or any travel website about any hotel before. This hotel is so exceptionally gross that I felt the need to warn others and save them the burden of staying here. As soon as I walked in, I was hit with an odd smell. I don't know what it is, but everything is extremely dated and extremely dirty. (The water in my bathroom has a yellow tint!). After checking in I learned there is no elevator so be prepared to haul your baggage up stairs! Then I walk into my room and the heat was on... It's a 90 degree summer day. I will probably not even sleep tonight bc I'm so uncomfortable with sleeping in this bed with dingy linens. The bath towels have a brownish tinge as well. Still not ruling out my car at this point. I don't think I've ever stayed at a more disgusting hotel (and I do not typically stay at expensive or luxurious hotels). The fact that they charge any money let alone $100/night should be a crime. If any money is changing hands I should be paid to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

At first glance the floor looked clean, but it was dirty. My baby was crawling on it and her skin turned black! The shower was not very clean either--the area around the "mat" at the bottom of the tub was gross. Decided not to give my kids a bath--and they really needed one. Also,the crib I requested was not in the room. When I called they brought one promptly,but it would have been nice not to have to wait with 4 tired and crabby kids at 10 at night. Then the lady couldn't figure out how to set it up. No complaints about her--she tried. But the staff could obviosuly be trained better. Other than that the staff was helpful and while I could tell we had noisy neighbors the room was very well insulated--we were all still able to sleep well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manchester Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I do not normally write negative reviews , I feel compelled to get this information out to my fellow travelers. I booked this place on the Internet as I usually do, just one night stop on the way west.Looked good and price was reasonable. Upon arrival, desk person was training new employee and was pre occupied , that's ok I am neither pushy or impatient.Finally processed paperwork. Because of the less than appealing lobby and strong smoke smell, (cigarette, cigar, and God knows what), we decided to check the room first before unpacking the car. The room was supposed to be non smoking, it smelled like an ash tray.Two beds in room and one was not even made, it was in slept in condition with the covers turned! We were given a second room, Air conditioner was inoperable and shower was covered in mold. They credited my card and we went to a beautiful Holliday Inn Express on the other side of the highway.

Room Tip: Go to the Holliday Inn!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fremont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Checked in just before 9 p.m. after a long day on the road to be told the restaurant closed at 9 p.m. Disappointing. Clerk was friendly, room was clean and bed comfortable. However, the breakfast left a lot to be desired. Cell phone reception inside the hotel didn't exist. Had to walk outside to use the cell.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Fremont-Days Inn? Share your experiences!