“IMPRESSED!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Franklin
Otsego, Michigan
“IMPRESSED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We needed a hotel to stay in while we were at the Cincinati tennis match for the weekend.. (we have been coming for the last 6 years) EVERY year, we struggle at finding a good, CLEAN hotel at a decent price..sure, lots of $200+ night rooms, but nothing in our "budget" price range.. until THIS year!
This hotel (manager was AMAZING NICE) was fantastic! small break fast bar, totally stocked, the entire time.. ( our family split up and went down a couple times) VERY impressed.
Our rooms were clean, and the housekeeping was there in a second, when I needed a couple more towels. Just a fantastic couple of nights.. we will be back next year..and the next, and the next!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the inspiring comments and wonderful compliments. Nothing pleases me more than to hear that you found our hotel to be budget friendly without having to sacrifice quality. It is so rewarding to see that with us only being 15 miles from Kings Island and you booking your reservation directly, that we were able to save you a couple of hundred dollars! We look forward to saving you even more while serving you with the same great service for years to come!

Thanks Again!
Lori Cole
Manager

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

During our trip to Florida, my wife suddenly started to feel ill. I followed the signs from I-75 to Atrium Hospital in Middletown, Ohio. My wife was so ill, that she was admitted to the ICU unit after spending the afternoon in the ER. After she was admitted, the case workers at Atrium told me that they had a special rate set up with the Days Inn Middletown which was less than 1 block away from the hospital. I took their advice and checked into the Days Inn without being certain how long I was going to be there. Everybody was so friendly and so caring that I felt as if I were home. The room was immaculate, breakfast was more than other free continental breakfasts I have seen, and I received housekeeping everyday. I couldn't have asked for anything more. After my wife had spent 3 days in ICU, she and I received a fruit basket delivered to her room! With us being from out of town and no family or friends around, I thought this had to be a mistake, it had to be for somebody else. I looked at the card that was attached and it read "Hope you Get Well Soon, From the Staff of Days Inn Middletown!" It was the bright star that I needed to lift my spirits on a dim day. I will never forget the Days Inn Middletown....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart-felt experience with us. We are delighted and honored to be your Bright Star on a dim day and to be able to lift your spirits up with our little but sincere gesture. Our best wishes and prayers for your wife's quick recovery and we look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future under better circumstances. Thank you from all of us at the Days Inn Middletown
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times. I used to pay 150? A night at The Drury Inn, but stumbled upon Days Inn. It is a fraction of the cost to stay there, too. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, and clean! I've travel with my infant and they helped accommodate him, too. The breakfast area is well- kept, and they never seemed to mind cleaning up after my son! Two stand out employees: Lori, a manager, who was kind and on top of things! The other, a maintenance man, whose name I forgot. He always spoke to my son and I, even bought a snack from the vending for him. He kept the pool area immaculate. Anyway, this is a great budget friendly hotel! Skip the fancy place, and save with Days Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments and the smiles you have given our staff and I for your time and feedback. It was our pleasure to provide you with our Days Inn's Best Value Under the Sun and our promised service for your most enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you and your family again soon.
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We moved from the Super 8 on the other side of the street because of a cigarette smell (My husband is oversensitive to cigarette smell. We were not disappointed. We took the last room available which was the handicapped room. It was really nice, comfortable and quiet. The only thing we didn't like is that the faucet was leaking in the bathtub. And quite a lot actually.

That's a shame to waste water like this. We informed the receptionist straight away of the problem when we arrived around 4:30 in the afternoon but we when left just before noon the next day, it was still not fixed. The receptionist said there was nobody working in the evening to fix this kind of things. However, I think that the person doing the housekeeping should have told about this problem when she cleaned the room before we arrived. It's not only about wasting water during a drought period, it's very annoying to hear this all night long. We had to close the door of the bathroom entirely in order to have peace and sleep.

In the morning, my husband woke up earlier than me and had a nice breakfast in the breakfast room. But when I woke up later and I went to have breakfast, all the tables were occupied. So I took my breakfast to my room. Apart from that, breakfast was OK and I was satisfied with the choice.

The room was very clean and wireless Internet was working alright. In fact, apart from the faucet leaking, everything worked really well even the air condictioning while it was 102 F outside! The employees were also extremely nice. In this weather, the pool was very popular but we didn't try it as it was so full of people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for your time and feedback in sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, service and cleanliness of our rooms.

I apologize for the tub faucet leak issue you encountered in the evening while staying at our hotel and thank you for bringing it up to our attention so we may rectify the issue promptly the next day. We appreciate your business and we hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, we look forward to better serve you the next time you stay in the area.
Toluca Mex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Pros: Overall service was good at this hotel, hotel room was clean, internet, TV and AC worked fine as well;
Cons: I stayed on a saturday night. On early sunday morning house keeping woman knocked my door too early for a sunday, probably at 9 AM, I told her to return later, I went out all the day and when I got back, room was not made. Breakfast is very very basic, all the construction is wood so you can "feel" every movement from the people in the next room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and the kind words about our overall service and cleanliness during your stay. I apologize for the early housekeeping issues you encountered, we will strive to meet our guest's preferred service request time in our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and we look forward to have the opportunity to better serve you next time you stay in the area.
Marion, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Just had to say thank you for a very nice stay. My parents called me last minute to say they found a nice clean hotel,which was a blessing since the hotel we were going to stay LOST our reservation,,go figure,,my girls and I loved this place, our room was so nice and clean,, the pool was great and so clean, which was a blessing,,they also had more on the breakfast than expected,,during our 2 day stay we met several staff members who were all very nice and helpful,, so,, Thnak you DaysInn in Middletown Ohio,, keep it up,, your great !!
PS: Your maps sure did save us alot of time,we didn't get lost once

Lynn P, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taken the time to share your experience with us. Our staff and I are delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. We greatly appreciate your compliments. Thank you and your parents for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. We look forward to be your host again soon.
Bonnieville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Better watch your credit/debit card transactions. They said mine didn't go through, so I paid with cash, then the transaction went throught the bank. It was a near impossible to get them to cancel the transaction. A/C was not cool, rooms were dirty and trash under bed. AVOID!!!!!!!!

, Manager at Days Inn Middletown, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize for the glitch regarding the credit/debit card transaction you encountered while staying at our hotel. Our manager on duty contacted your credit card company when she was first informed of the issue and was assured that the funds being held was to be released right away. We appreciate your business and booking with us, as guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance. I want to assure you these issues have been addressed, and we hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, that you will give us a chance to make things right the next time. We wish you the best and thank you for staying with us.

Been to Days Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!