“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Since most of the reviews on this motel there have obviously been changes made because we found this motel clean and comfortable. The beds are good and there was no smell emanating from the AC unit which we've found in a couple recently. The owner is very pleasant and friendly. The pool is lovely and the breakfast good. Don't get a room adjoining another though, we had a noisy couple who had friends in and we could hear them more clearly than we wanted to. They also woke us up at 07.00 and I wear ear plugs; we had to ask them to turn down the music. Some people have no awareness of others. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mikepat36, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin, OH, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
My apologies for the late response, I apologize dearly that you had to deal with noisy neighbors. Next time you come visit I will definitely put you away from adjoining rooms and away from guest so you can have a quiet and rather pleasant sleep. Since the last time you stayed we have changed our name to the Red Roof Inn & suites and have done a full renovation to the building so please do come visit us again. Have a great holiday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Belpre, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Real nice place, clean and friendy. Can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
My apologies for the late response, I appreciate your feed back and am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward in seeing you again when you stop by. We are newly renovated now so come back to sleep in our comfy new beds and nice new flat screens. you have a wonderful holiday!
columbus, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My family stayed here one night as part of a group and the rooms were horrible. They were very dirty (food wrappers,old socks under the bed and hair in the bed form a previous guest). The linens had holes in them or were dirty. We arrived at 1am for our two night reservation so we stayed and slept with our clothes on but the next day we checked out without looking back.
Beware some of the pictures of the hotel on their site are NOT from this location.

• Stayed April 2010
mikepat36, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin, OH, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
We are sorry to hear about your bad experience at our hotel, please accept our apologies. We would like you to know that since your visit we have hired a new room cleaning team and they have been professionally trained. Please come back and give us a chance to show you how we have improved.
middletown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I decided to take the kids to stay here cuz they had an indoor pool and with it being Jan... i wanted the kids to get away. When I had called them to ask a price for a room for the night I was quoted 59.00 When I got there I was charged 67.00, After I paid and went to get the rest of our family, she said there would be more of a charge because she didnt charge me for enough people. So even though she was kind enough to give me a AAA discount my total was still 73.00!!!! Big jump from the original price I was quoted. I decided to go ahead and stay due to the fact my kids really wanted to swim. We get into our room and settle in... the remote had looked like it was chewed on.. (I put sanitizer on everything!!) When we went to the pool it was FREEZING in there... I get that it was Jan but there were 4 heaters in the room... and none of them worked! One of them even had ice on it! When i asked the lady at the desk (who happened to be around the age of 15) if they could turn heat on she said that they were blowing cold air and couldnt fix them. the heated pool was not all that warm, I think we lasted half hour in that pool before getting out and going back to our room. When the children were showering and trying to get warm, I noticed that some of our towels were dirty.. I dont think I will stay here again... my son wound up with bronchitis. and I am sure it had alot to do with no heat in the pool room. I wound up spending more there then I would have at Drury Suites!! So next time I think I will stay elsewhere. Not worth it... not clean... nothing is fixed.. and dirty towels... no thanks!! I guess you get what you pay for though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We use these comments to help improve our operations. We apologize about your dissatisfaction with us. Since your stay, our pool area has been renovated and we would appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity to win back your loyalty.
Middletown, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2006

This is a horrible hotel. All together we paid almost $70 with AAA discount and the room was awful. The desk drawer was broken & laying against the wall, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall (broken), we had a smoking room and no ashtrays were provided, the toilet had trouble flushing, we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and yet the maid was knocking at 8am, the utility workers were also screaming down the hall talking to each other at 8am, which woke me up, and then when my husband went to get our Continental Breakfast at 8:30am and the woman at the desk actually had the nerve to ask him how many people were in our room eating because he needed to "save some food for the other guests" He had one plate (which had nothing special on it-believe me.) I think for $70 we should be able to eat whatever we want at breakfast. I usually never complain and I always enjoy myself at hotels but this was ridiculous and I am apalled that I spent so much money on a room that was worth nothing. Please don't waste your money-Go next door to the Red Carpet Inn, we did and we loved it!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not waste your money on this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Please accept our apologizies for your stay back in 2006. Just to let you know, we have renovated our facility and have hired a new room cleaning team since your visit and have made many improvements to our property. Please come see us again when you are in the area to check out what we have done. Thank you for your comments.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin, OH? Share your experiences!