I'd like to preface this review by respectfully asking the management representative (assigned to respond to negative Trip Advisor reviews) not to bother with the standard "Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention" or the obligatory "I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations", because such comments are entirely disingenuous from my perspective, and simply amount to damage control from yours. If you truly cared about my stay at your hotel, your name would be boldly displayed in my room during the stay, and I could contact you then, rather than being at the mercy of a staff member who could care less about having put me in a dirty room.
The check in on August 18, 2012 was quick and robotic.
About an hour after check-in, I went to have a shower. That's when I notice a glob of human hair caked to the side of the upper part of the bathtub/shower. And I don't just mean a small glob - it was huge, the hair was long, and there must have been 20 hairs caked to the side of the shower. The washroom floor was also dirty. Gross.
Since there was enough hair to clog the drain, I avoided dislodging it by tilting the shower head toward the curtain.
After my shower, I contacted the front desk and asked that someone be sent up to remove the hair glob before I had to shower the following morning. The desk clerk sounded reluctant and almost annoyed. She may as well have said, "Like whatever dude, just remove the hair yourself".
And true to expectations, nobody every came up to remove the hair glob. The following morning, having to get back on the road for a long drive ahead of me, and expecting little to no response from staff at this HIE if I called the lobby again, I fell over in the shower and smashed my head trying to avoid washing away the hair glob and clogging the tub's drain.
The room was generally dirty and dusty. The bed sheets, usually a high point of any HI or HIE stay, felt used and smelled slightly funky. They were not crisp and fresh as is normally the case. Did I contact the front desk? - no - because they hadn't bothered to send anybody up to deal with the glob of hair, so I didn't expect that they would send someone up to the room to deal with something as 'minor' as dirty sheets.
So again, HIE management rep. - don't bother with your little blurb making excuses. You need to be around when the front desk clerk chooses to ignore hotel guests with a legitimate complaint, and not appear later online to offer up useless after-the-fact excuses and moot apologies, and never any type of refund or discount for the troubles caused by your staff.
I suppose that once you have my cash in hand, I don't matter any longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our wonderful Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin/Springboro, Ohio hotel named after Benjamin Franklin is conveniently located off I-75 at exit 38 (SR-73). We are 30 miles from James M. Cox Dayton International Airport (DAY) and 50 miles from Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). We are conveniently located near several corporations: Dayton Daily News, Lexis-Nexis, Faurecia, Pioneer Automotive, Braden Sutphin Ink & AK Steel. We are easily accessible to shopping at the Dayton Mall, fun and recreation of King's Island, The Beach Waterpark and Caesar s Creek State Park and entertainment at LaComedia Dinner Theatre. Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin, Ohio hotel offers spacious and luxurious guest rooms. Keep in touch with your office or home with complimentary wired/wireless HSIA. Stay productive working from our over-sized desk and comfortable ergonomic desk chair. Enjoy viewing your favorite TV programs on our 32 HDTV. Our 24-hour fitness center includes a modern elliptical machine, 2 treadmills and a stationary bicycle so you may keep up your fitness routine away from home. Daily we offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls! We also provide a complimentary 24-hour business center and a refreshing heated indoor pool. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin / Springboro, OH hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Franklin Hotel Franklin
- Holiday Inn Express Franklin Ohio