“Impressed with Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11967 Chase Plaza Dr, Forest Park, OH 45240 (Formerly Days Inn - Forest Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
Dublin, IN
“Impressed with Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our family,which consists of me, my husband, and 3 kids are known to spontaneously spend the night somewhere and find something fun to do. Two requirements are...1. Indoor pool and 2. breakfast. We are always looking for a great deal and found one at Days Inn - Forest Park. The night of our stay we feared we would not have much time to swim as we were still waiting on being seated for dinner, so I called the hotel and spoke with Ellen. She was extremely professional and polite on the phone, confirmed our reservation and stated the pool was open until 10PM. We had 2 1/2 hours to eat, get to the hotel and have time to let the kids swim. Upon arrival to the hotel, Ellen greeted me with a warm smile and also...by name! I have never stayed here before but she still greeted me by name...I was instantly impressed! Ellen went above and beyond that evening to take care of me and my family. She posesses a warm and welcoming personality which is highly desirable, especially regarding a first impression of a hotel. Customer service has become a lost art in many customer service related jobs so to experience service with a smile as Ellen provided was very enlightening. EXCELLENT JOB!!

The pool was nice, though a little smaller than others we have found. My husband and I were disappointed to find the hot tub out of service. We were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub.

The room was very accommodating for our needs and were laid out very well. The beds were quite comfortable and loved the micro/fridge area with a separate counter. The bathtub could use some love...not dirty but cracked and marked up to appear dirty.

Breakfast was your typical cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, and yogurt. I wouldn't write home about it but it served its purpose and saved us from buying a breakfast for a family of 5 that morning.

All in all we had a nice stay and will return again. Thanks for making our spontaneous family get away a memorable one!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I've stayed here on three occassions over the past 6 months. A total of about 12 nights. Price quite reasonable.

Rooms were reasonable size 24 x 13 feet. Beds comfortable. Lots of pillows. King room had nice sofa chair and ottoman. Good sized desk. Amenities included small microwave, small fridge, ironing board, iron.

Staff were generally nice and helpful. On one occassion I asked for a different room, but they said it was not possible unless there was a specific problem (which there was). I did get a different room but it seemed to require too much discussion.

Overall I would characterize the rooms and facilities as a very nice high-end hotel that somehow got very far behind on maintainance, and is slowly recovering under the new Days Inn management.

One especically bad area are the heating / cooling units. In one room the filter in the air conditioner was so clogged that no air came out at all. In another room the fan made a loud screaming noise -- probably bad bearings -- so I had to leave the heater off whenever in the room. A third room had a loud dripping noise from the heater -- apparently the heater in one of the upstairs rooms was dripping on the heater in my room, hence the noise.

The rooms were generally very clean, with some minor issues. Top floor rooms had minor ceiling stains from roof leaks sometime in the past. One room had some minor mold growing on back of bathroom door. On one stay the bathtub would not drain -- annoying but not serious.

On the most recent stay my non-smoking room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Luckily the window opened so could get some fresh air. But the heater did not work right so it got very cold at night with the window open and heater off.

Sleep quality varied from good to poor depending on the room. Some rooms had bad noises from heater. Also noises from ice machine in open hallway. On the positive side, the location is generally quiet and there is very little exterior noise.

Breakfast bar was pretty basic: Cerial, toast, pastries. Limited yogurt selection. Juice. Good coffee.

Food nearby: there are some good options across the parking lot. Frisches Big Boy, Wendys, Cracker Barrel, and the new Cancun Mexican place (not tried but heard good).

Internet: worked poorly when stayed on upper floors. Worked OK on most recent say
on ground floor. Perhaps got new internet system in past few months? Best speeds around 1 Mbs.

Other issues: card reader on the exterior door did not seem to work. Even though I parked by the exterior door, I had to walk long way around through lobby to enter.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for the location and value, but expect to have some issues.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Georgetown, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hotel used to be a best western. It has new ownership now and is a Days Inn. I stayed last year and it was really run down. They have done some major rennovations. The indoor pool is beautiful and spacious rooms. Staff went overboard with assisting us with everything. The rooms and hotel was SPOTLESS! For the price, you can't ask for more! Kudos to new ownership management.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the executive suites!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dayton, Tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Came in on a Friday night. They didn't have any king rooms so they upgraded me 2 a suite. Guess I should have suspected something at that point. Room was fair at best. The worst part was I was staying for the weekend and they only made my key good for 1 day. Not a catastrophe but then came Saturday. It rained hard in the afternoon and the bathroom ceiling and walls were leaking like crazy. When inspected it had been that way for quite a while as there was black mold on the walls and behind the wallpaper that was falling down. They obviously knew about it as someone had spray painted the ceiling to cover it up and got it on the wallpaper. I confronted management and they gave me $30 back. Big deal as I have alergies and had problems the whole week after leaving. Emailed and faxed a letter to the manager and no response. Will never stay again!!!! Best of wishes, Best Western Cincinnati West.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We arrived and were delighted to be upgraded to an executive suite. The hotel is spacious and there is an elevator. The pool is divine. We enjoyed the room, but the beds were a bit too hard. There was no hot water the first night, but the problem did not exist in the morning. The staff were pleasant and the owner knocked some off of the price for us. I would recommend, especially if traveling south. It is better to stay here if tired and do the city the next day. The internet was not working.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We enjoyed our stay, if was a good value for the money, clean room, clean pool area, the small breakfast area is my only negative, but breakfast was good and free, so cannot complain too much. other hotels next door and down the street were $30-50 more, so i think we did not sacrifice anything for the savings,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Staying here right now for a soccer tournament! When we checked in yesterday we asked the front desk clerk if they had a laundry--they don't and he couldn't tell me where we could wash the soccer uniforms after two games. Tonight, we called down to the desk asking what channel Showtime was on, because it wasn't in the "guest services" book, but we had a showtime book in our room. He actually told me he had no idea how to use the TV system, and he didn't really think they had Showtime. I walked one hotel over & the nice, helpful desk clerk at Springhill Suites let me use the laundry room to wash our uniforms. The room keys here at Best Western have had to be reprogrammed twice in two days because they stopped working. Indoor pool is one reason we stayed here, and the discounted rate through the soccer tournament.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!