“Not worthy of a Marriott franchise” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not worthy of a Marriott franchise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel is so bad I wouldn't even write this review if I didn't feel an obligation to warn others.

In terms of location, its is miles from downtown Cinci or the Kenwood Mall area. Kind of out by itself.

Minutes after we arrived and checked in, a man entered our room (knocking and entering at the same time as opposed to knocking and waiting for response.) Instead of saying he was sorry, he kept saying, "Did you just check in?". He eventually did apologize. We hadn't really had time to shut our eyes so it was not that big a deal, but it was the idea he would just enter without waiting for response was really strange.

All 3 times we interacted with the front desk - twice with the "General Manager" - we had to go into a little room beside the front desk and get someone to help us. The front desk was never staffed while we were there. In the evening, a young man who was eating pizza in the little room, acted as if we were disturbing him when asking about the channel location for the Reds game. (The Reds are the hometown team in Cinci.) He informed me they didn't carry that channel and told me "if this is the only way you judge a hotel, that is a pretty narrow standard." The morning we checked out, the "General Manager", when I said something about how they never staffed the front desk, she said "we are having our front desk staff meeting." That meeting must have lasted our entire stay.

I didn't notice an odor like others have written about.

The wi-fi (the free connection) was hit and miss.

The best thing about this place is there is a nice Starbucks across the road with friendly folks and steady wi-fi connection.

Think twice before staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry to hear about your stay and we take every issue very seriously. If you are coming to the area in the near future, please contact me directly and give us a chance to make things right.

Regretfully,

Lori Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived and greeted by a very nice and helpful front desk clerk. She was very pleasant and delightful. However, our room had the worst "Body Odor" smell, it was disgusting. I had to continue to spray air freshner. Another child came into our room and even made the comment that the room smelled like onions. The hotel was full to capacity (local baseball tournament), and had only one working elevator, which made for long wait times. This was brought up to an employee and they stated someone was coming Monday to fix it.... we left Sunday. I felt that with the hotel being full, someone should have been called in to fix it over the weekend to keep the guest happy. This was an inconvenience, recently had major back surgery and this was an issue for me. Overall it was clean, but we had two large black marks on the floor (probably 6-8" each) that were very noticeable. Room service came and made our beds, brought clean towels and empited the trash in the cans, but left all the cans, empty pizza box and trash on the desk (wouldn't fit in the trash can) Also, our toilet handle would stick leaving the toilet running constantly, and we would have to get up and go jiggle the handle everytime after using the bathroom. Location was great. I'm rating it a 3, but it's more like a 2.5 in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property your business is important to us. Our team is looking in to all of the issues you experienced. I am so sorry you had a bad stay and I would like to make it right. Please contact me at your convenience at lori.johnson@marriott.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a great stay here in March 2014. The hotel was clean and quiet but our room smelled like an armpit. It was gross. The free breakfast had a great selection of food but none of it was very good. We would stay here again for the cleanliness and price.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have located the source of the odor you described and this issue has been repaired. If you are returning to Cincinnati in the near future, please contact me directly so I can personally handle your reservation.

Lori Johnson
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our Ministry held a Prayer Conference in Cinn Ohio last year and someone recommended Spring Hill Suites Hotel. From the first email and phone contact I had with Lori the Director it was clear to me this hotel has some of the best employees and Management staff that I have had the pleasure of working with while making group reservations. The hotel is clean, modern with friendly staff that will answer any question you may have. The only issue I had with the hotel is the beds could have been a bit more comfortable, but after all its a hotel and not your bed at home. LOL I'm looking forward to our next group stay in August 2014.

Thanks again Lori and see you and your staff soon!
Catherine C

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and if you are returning to Cincinnati soon please give us a call.

Camden, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great hotel for a really reasonable price. The staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast bar was hot and freshly stocked until the last minutes of service. Hotel sits just off the exit and is convenient to many restaurants and bars. Plenty of shopping, including a mall, very close by. This was my third stay and I will definitely be staying there again on my next trip to the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were nice and the location worked out for us. It's right by the highway, which is convenient but it is a little nosier than some hotels that I've been to. Overall it was a good experience for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback on the hotel. We have addressed the highway noise issue by adding sound proofing to all the windows on the highway side of the hotel. If you are returning to the area in the near future, please contact me and I will make your reservation personally.

Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My mother-in-law recently fell ill and was placed in the care of a local hospital. While we don't live too far away, it was necessary for us to be very close for a few days. My wife found Springhill online. Not only were they were able to accommodate her and I, but they were able to oblige my father-in-law with a handicapped room right down the hall.
Springhill swaddles you in contemporary design from the moment you enter. Organic lines and soothing aquatic themes encompass the lobby area, and the modern elements continue into your suite. Sleek furniture, up-to-date electronics and amenities, and cool color schemes set your suite apart from the everyday hotel stay.
Our only complaint was the highway noise. They do offer earplugs, which my wife used. For anyone out there like me who grew up next to a major interstate, it will rock you right to sleep!
The only suggestion that I might make would be to shampoo or replace the carpets as they are beginning to look a bit worse for wear.
I can't say enough about the kindness of the staff. By the second night, our names were memorized, as was our situation. Every staff member took it upon themselves to ask for updates on my mother-in-law's condition, and often shared bits of personal experience and advice. They were more than accommodating! When I finally returned to work that Friday, I had to leave my wife without an automobile. She had intended to catch a ride with her father, but signals were crossed, and she was left sans transportation. One of the VERY kind maintenance workers gave her a ride to the hospital! Thank you, Hector! That was a kindness that was well beyond your job description and that I rarely see in strangers. Again, thank you!
Breakfast was well beyond that of your standard continental sort. Yes, cereal, juice, milk, and breads were provided. But, along with that were a few hot options as well that switched from day to day for variety (waffle maker, pancakes, breakfast sandwich fixins, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, and a veggie/potato/sausage medly, etc. during our stay).
Our experience at Springhill Suites was exceptional. We needed shelter in a time of crisis, and were provided with so much more at an amazing rate. I can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel may provide a quieter sleeping experience if highway noise bothers you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank for taking the time to review our property we appreciate your business and if you are returning to the area in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly to set up your reservation. We have added sound proofing to all of the rooms on the highway side.

Lori

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park? Share your experiences!