“Nice Enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Findlay
Findlay
“Nice Enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Place was being remodeled so no pool or hot tub . Some mess in the hall and when I booked it said it was the last room. Less than a dozen people stayed the night. Breakfast was fine for the price and the people were nice. WI-FI Worked off and on

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We often stay at the Hampton Inn in Findlay when we travel to and from Florida and it continues to be a good and convenient place to stay but we decided to try the Comfort Suites this time. Although not quite as nice as the Hampton Inn, it proved to be an excellent value. This is especially true if you stop at an Ohio welcome center or rest stop and obtain a discount coupon. Hampton Inns rarely seem to offer these discounted coupon rates but using the coupon and staying at the Comfort Suites saved us over $30 on a one-night stay.

The only down side is that there are no restaurants in the area of this hotel, other than a Subway shop and you have to get back on I-75 and travel 2 miles south. But a 4 mile round trip to save $30 is still a bargain to me and the complimentary breakfasts are virtually the same at both places..

Room Tip: try to arrive before 6 pm as discounted rooms are limited
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first hotel we stopped at was almost full with soccer teams and was very pricy. But the fella at the front desk told us about another hotel down the road from there. So we went there to the Comfort Suites on Speedway Drive. The price was a little more reasonable considering so many people from these Soccer teams for some sort of play offs we're thinking. So we took the room. We left for dinner and returned about 8pm to kids running up and down the hallways, TV's playing loudly, and we could hear them talking all in the hallways. we thought we'd stay till bedtime to see if the noise level would drop off so we could get some sleep. It did. But then at 6:30...it started all over again. We were on the second floor which didn't help with kids on all sides and top and bottom lol.... The question is...would be stay there again, probably not. The cleanliness was not up to Comfort Suites standards or ours for sure. Hair in the bathroom floor around the edges of the walls/tub. The bed was comfortable which made for a good nights sleep.
The room was a nice size with a nice fridge and microwave. A sitting room also.
So while we did get a pretty good nights sleep, we couldn't use the pool as so many were in there. That was ok, as the kids did enjoy using it. Maybe one day we'd give it another try.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were stopping very late on our way north along the I-75 and, after many calls, this was the only hotel in the area that had a room left. It turned out to be great! We had a handicapped room (the only room left). It was very large, with 2 queen beds and a huge bathroom. There were lots of safety bars in the bathroom, which meant lots of hanging space for towels, a "luxury" not found in many hotel rooms. They also provided lots of towels. The full length mirror in the room was also enormous (tall and wide). The bed was very comfortable, and outside noise was not noticeable, affording a good night's sleep. Internet is complimentary. The breakfast was what one expects at these hotels, not stellar, but quite satisfactory. A very good place to stay over, not far from the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We just checked into this Comfort Suites with some hesitation after reading previous reviews. Well, let me tell you all those negative reports were accurate. When My husband and I went into the bathroom we noticed all the hair on the bathroom. It must not had been cleaned in quite a while. Also, when we opened the refrigerator there was food left in there. We put it outside of our door. There is a funny smell to the room like smoke even though it is not smoking. The best part of my weekend will be checking out on Sunday. Do not recommend this place to anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't check in!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed here twice now and not been impressed either time. When you walk into a hotel and the first sign you see is about putting down a deposit if you're paying in cash, that is not a good sign. When I checked into my hotel this time, after a loooong drive, I headed straight to my toilet, which had a dirty wad of TP inside! If I hadn't needed to relieve myself, I absolutely would have reported this. The hallways also seemed dank and musty and the a/c in my room was so loud I eventually just shut it off in the middle of the night. Gotta book early to get in the Hampton Inn I guess.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I never write reviews, but after reading some of these negative ones of the Comfort Suites in Findlay, which I stay at dozens of nights a year on business, I am compelled to set the record straight. The hotel is at an exit without restaurants apart from a subway in a gas station.. so what. Restaurants are abundant .5-1.5 miles drive. The folks who work here have always been great. The rates are excellent (with free internet, breakfast and 24 hour coffee plus you never need to worry about cleanliness: It is always well kept).

I actually prefer this location to one the next exit south where it is too busy. Great pool and hot tub and very quiet atmosphere to work or rest or swim. Not to mention, the Choice Privileges award program is second to none!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Findlay? Share your experiences!