“Ripoff” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Findlay
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Ripoff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family stayed there for one night and was verbally quoted 56 dollars for the night with a hot breakfast ,but on checkout was told that I owed 76 dollars and the breakfast is only hot if you toast it. The bathroom door would not close, and they say the mattress was of high comfort but my wife and I had limited sleep and sore backs in the morning. I would not recommended this motel as they do not stand behind the rate quoted, the poor condition of room and calling toast a hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure the verbal quote is the same as printed before you sign
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here last week and were pleased with the room and service. The breakfast room is separate from the lobby and is open and comfortable with plenty of tables to accomodate guests. At the other end of the room is a comfortable living area with couches, a nice tv, and a computer/desk set up. The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. The really, really outstanding part was that their breakfast is served on REAL PLATES with REAL glasses and metal utensils, not the cheap disposable items which are bad for guests AND the environment. This tells me that the management values their guests and go the extra step to provide for their comfort. The impact their one hotel is making by reducing trash to the local landfill should be commended. Thank you and please don't go to plastic/styrofoam.

Room Tip: Our ustairs room was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very easy to find and there was a Walmart and restaurants really close by. When we checked it the front desk lady was very welcoming. She provided us with coupons for dinner and if I decided to attend the university my family would get discounts when they come to visit. The room was clean and looked like they just remodeled. The room was little but perfect for our one night stay for my mom and I. The free breakfast was good not just juice and bagels. They had biscuits and gravy and you could make your own waffles. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at a Quality Inn but I don't know how they could use the word 'quality' in their name. The property was located in Findlay, Ohio, off I-75, where the walls were so thin I could hear my neighbours belch, hork, burp and take a leak which was way too much information. There was a metal door separating our room to the one beside it. This door seemed to amplify noise instead of suppress it. I had a terrible night's sleep. Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid it and go to another property.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newmarket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Was a really good clean hotel the beds where excellent great shower room nicely updated with a seperated bathroom area so someone can do what they need to do without waking anyone else up. breakfast included was really good and the staff was friendly and helpful even gave a discount coupon for a couple local restaurants

is a 4 start stay and a 2 star price

Room Tip: was our best stay in our drive to and from Florida
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great value. I got the AAA rate. Sometimes not a good experience at a Budget hotel, but this was fine. Normally I stay at the Holiday Inn express next door, but the Quality Inn was about half the cost so I thought I'd try it. The room was super clean and the linens very pretty good- not plush but clean and adequate. The bathroom fixtures were all in good repair. Checking in was easy and quick. Breakfast area clean and a fair selection. the room had an outside entrance that I don't usually like, and I was on the second floor (no elevator) but I have no mobility limitations so it was OK for me. I felt safe there, the door locked well and the curtains closed well. I had to plug in my phone charger so I looked behind the night stand for a plug, and even that was dust free. At breakfast the dishes were glass, not paper. The GM herself was tending the breakfast area. I would stay here again. For the price I paid, I was wowed. It met all my needs. The only complaint that I would have is that when I check in the heat in the room was off, so it was pretty chilly and took a bit to warm up.

Room Tip: No elevator- so request a ground floor room if stairs are difficult for you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We drove to thru Ohio and called ahead to stay at the Quality inn. Choice Hotels has a promotion on...stay 2 nights get one free. Driving in late at night I was wondering if it was worth it, but decided to give it a chance. Smelly rooms, stained thread baron sheets, moldy bathrooms, we moved rooms 3 times before we found one that I could live with for the night. Awful, never again. Complained and got a discount but not the rewards I was entitled too. Continental breakfast awful as was the coffee. So spend the extra $$$ and go somewhere nice

Room Tip: Good luck!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Findlay? Share your experiences!