“never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Findlay
Mishawaka, Indiana, United States
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

this place is unsanitary. the appliances do not work. the pool is gross. our rooms were unclean and the comforters had holes and stains. i made 3 trips to the front desk and was told to wait for the manager to call. guess what? he never did...called guest relations...3 times! they were supposed to have manager call...then regional manager call...NEVER HAPPENED. do not stay here. red roof has no control over this property and the manager has slum standards. he called me a liar...i even brought my comforter up to the front desk...took pictures...next call is the health department of Findlay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I'm sorry for any problems during your stay. The hair dryer is brand new and still working. The pool closes at 9pm no exceptions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
oakwood ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

i would like to mention that staff is very curteous, very friendly and very polite, also guest room was very clean and bedding is very comfortable, we are very pleased with our stay at red roof inn , columbus OH, also manager kenny was very helpful , we will definitely stay again in future

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Red F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive feed back. I am glad to hear that everything was to your liking. We can not wait for another opprotunity to provide you with a clean and comfortable loding in the future.
Plumville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for one night so I could visit The University of Findlay. We came home with horrible bed bug bites all over our arms, necks, and face. Not only that, but our bathroom was worn down, and the wall was in need of maintenance. We also had reserved a room at least a month in advance to get a book early discount, but at some point the reservation was cancelled so as a result we had to pay full price even with evidence of a reservation. The toilet clogged up after three uses, and I was accused of flushing a pad down the toilet as a result. I've stayed in about 12 different hotels in my highschool career alone, and this surpassed the Super 8 in terribleness, and that looked to have blood stains on the sheets. I have to say when my family goes back out to Findlay in May, we're not staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Red F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
I want to inform you that we have had an independent inspector come to the property. We had him check the room you stayed in as well as all surrounding rooms. He came up with nothing to indicate the presents of an infestation, noted on the inspetion report. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed here for business at least once a month for the last eight years, off and on. I always get a clean room and a good night's rest. The breakfast is almost a buffet and routinely well-stocked. The staff are polite and always at your service. When I am in Findlay, it's the only place I stay.

Room Tip: I always get a corner room on the second floor in the front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. We love hearing about your stay with us. We will continue to provide great lodging and friendly service each and every time you stay with us.
Thank You for you buisness, Red Roof Inn Managment and Staff
PORT ALLEGANY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

After many and varied hotel stays, this was our first experience with drive-through check-in, which was quick and efficient and saved us from getting out into the cold. However, we missed the oven of warm Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby. This Red Roof has one of those wonderful coffee machines that have been disappearing from other Red Roofs where we've stayed-- this one serving Tim Horton's coffee and offering a dozen brewed-to-order selections. Breakfast of bacon, sausage, gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs, microwaveable pancakes and waffles, danish and muffins is offered in a compact space. Our room had a fridge and microwave, but no hairdryer (although my sister-in-law's room had one).When we returned from our morning event at 11, our room had already been cleaned. An outdoor pool is open seasonally, and there is a grocery store next door. We chose this hotel as it offered the best price in town. The basic, but completely adequate accommodations met our expectations, but the many little extras surpassed them.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back away from the road and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your review to the rest of my staff. It is our goal to continue improving the quality of your stay.With helpful comments such as yours we will continue to do so.
Cleveland,Oh.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The place is worn and old. My room had holes in the bathroom wall, worn and torn carpet. The desk chair was ripped and split open (photos available as proof). Red Roof must have found the furniture on tree lawns. When I reserved the room Red Roofs site said 15% discount for AAA members, well you get no discount! The help at the hotel was absolutely no help. I got stuck with the inflated price. I tried calling Red Roofs help line, Verizon had a recorded message that the line had been disconected (probably because of so many complaints).
I used to stay at Red Roof frequently, NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
We are very sorry that the room had so many issues. We have since then upgraded our property and can assure you any and all issues no loger exsist at this location.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Run! Do NOT walk away!!! Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere! This place is filthy, filthy, filthy!!!!! Room was dingy, carpets stained, musty old beds, sheets threadbear, towels the same, bathtub was coming apart from the wall surround. Worst of all was that we both got horrible BED BUG BITES!!!!! and have had to see two doctors and pay for medications not to mention the extra laundering and house cleaning once we got home to make sure we did not bring any of the nasty critters home with us. We are still in pain and itching discomfort after being home for almost two weeks. Hotel management was contacted and basically we were brushed off with, "We checked the room. No signs of bed bugs. You must have gotten them elsewhere." The management was obviously not going to do anything about it. We thought that the maintenance of the motel was less than desireable. Someone threw up outside our door and we brought it to the attention of the staff immediately. A few days later when we left - nothing was done to clean it up.

Our advice: Spend the extra money at a better place and please check out the room thoroughly, including pulling back the sheets and checking the mattress seams and box spring etc... before accepting any room. We should have left but were too tired after flying for one day straight and driving a couple of hours down from Detroit and arriving well after midnight. We should have checked out immediately the next morning - our mistake. We've learned the hard way. We will never stay at another Red Roof Inn and will let all our family and freinds who travel know about this bad situation.

DO NOT BOOK THIS MOTEL! Unless you are in to grime, filth, and BED BUGS!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear valued Guest,

Sorry to hear we fell short of our goal of 100% satisfaction. I did review your feedback with my staff and will confirm we have an action plan in place to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We take guest comments very seriously and have had your room 209 professionally inspected by DB Termite & Pest control. We did not locate any pests or bed bugs. However, I would be happy to share this inspection with you upon your request.

Again, I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory, but I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Inn Management

Been to Red Roof Inn Findlay? Share your experiences!