“Good value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Findlay
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed here for business at least once a month for the last eight years, off and on. I always get a clean room and a good night's rest. The breakfast is almost a buffet and routinely well-stocked. The staff are polite and always at your service. When I am in Findlay, it's the only place I stay.

Room Tip: I always get a corner room on the second floor in the front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. We love hearing about your stay with us. We will continue to provide great lodging and friendly service each and every time you stay with us.
Thank You for you buisness, Red Roof Inn Managment and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
PORT ALLEGANY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

After many and varied hotel stays, this was our first experience with drive-through check-in, which was quick and efficient and saved us from getting out into the cold. However, we missed the oven of warm Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby. This Red Roof has one of those wonderful coffee machines that have been disappearing from other Red Roofs where we've stayed-- this one serving Tim Horton's coffee and offering a dozen brewed-to-order selections. Breakfast of bacon, sausage, gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs, microwaveable pancakes and waffles, danish and muffins is offered in a compact space. Our room had a fridge and microwave, but no hairdryer (although my sister-in-law's room had one).When we returned from our morning event at 11, our room had already been cleaned. An outdoor pool is open seasonally, and there is a grocery store next door. We chose this hotel as it offered the best price in town. The basic, but completely adequate accommodations met our expectations, but the many little extras surpassed them.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back away from the road and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your review to the rest of my staff. It is our goal to continue improving the quality of your stay.With helpful comments such as yours we will continue to do so.
Cleveland,Oh.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The place is worn and old. My room had holes in the bathroom wall, worn and torn carpet. The desk chair was ripped and split open (photos available as proof). Red Roof must have found the furniture on tree lawns. When I reserved the room Red Roofs site said 15% discount for AAA members, well you get no discount! The help at the hotel was absolutely no help. I got stuck with the inflated price. I tried calling Red Roofs help line, Verizon had a recorded message that the line had been disconected (probably because of so many complaints).
I used to stay at Red Roof frequently, NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Red F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are very sorry that the room had so many issues. We have since then upgraded our property and can assure you any and all issues no loger exsist at this location.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Run! Do NOT walk away!!! Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere! This place is filthy, filthy, filthy!!!!! Room was dingy, carpets stained, musty old beds, sheets threadbear, towels the same, bathtub was coming apart from the wall surround. Worst of all was that we both got horrible BED BUG BITES!!!!! and have had to see two doctors and pay for medications not to mention the extra laundering and house cleaning once we got home to make sure we did not bring any of the nasty critters home with us. We are still in pain and itching discomfort after being home for almost two weeks. Hotel management was contacted and basically we were brushed off with, "We checked the room. No signs of bed bugs. You must have gotten them elsewhere." The management was obviously not going to do anything about it. We thought that the maintenance of the motel was less than desireable. Someone threw up outside our door and we brought it to the attention of the staff immediately. A few days later when we left - nothing was done to clean it up.

Our advice: Spend the extra money at a better place and please check out the room thoroughly, including pulling back the sheets and checking the mattress seams and box spring etc... before accepting any room. We should have left but were too tired after flying for one day straight and driving a couple of hours down from Detroit and arriving well after midnight. We should have checked out immediately the next morning - our mistake. We've learned the hard way. We will never stay at another Red Roof Inn and will let all our family and freinds who travel know about this bad situation.

DO NOT BOOK THIS MOTEL! Unless you are in to grime, filth, and BED BUGS!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear valued Guest,

Sorry to hear we fell short of our goal of 100% satisfaction. I did review your feedback with my staff and will confirm we have an action plan in place to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We take guest comments very seriously and have had your room 209 professionally inspected by DB Termite & Pest control. We did not locate any pests or bed bugs. However, I would be happy to share this inspection with you upon your request.

Again, I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory, but I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Inn Management
Fishers, In
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family stayed here over Labor Day weekend and chose it over our usual affordable accomodations partially because of the reviews. But when we arrived, we were disappointed to find out that the pool is outdoors (it appeared to be indoors on the web site) and it was closed. This was one of the reasons we switched motels -- but clearly that was a waste.
The exterior is a bit run down -- plaster is coming off the building and falling onto the roof, which is poorly patched in. The continental breakfast offers no healthy options (fresh fruit, whole grain bagels, etc.) and the only plates offered are foam, which shouldn't be used in the microwave.
The room was relatively clean, although there were stains on the bedspread and the blanket was torn. Plus our remote control took about five clicks to actually change each channel on the television.
The staff was very friendly.
The rate was reasonable, but we agreed we won't be going back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We had a storm pass through and damaged our Inn. We had damage to our pool, building and roof. However, we have fixed the pool, installed a new roof, installed new siding, painted all doors & door frames. I apologize that you thought we had an indoor pool. If you are in my area again, please call me directly at 419-424-0466 and ask for the General Manager.

GM, Kenny
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The queen sized beds were very comfortable, and the sheets were clean and dry. I have experienced sticky gross sheets and musty smells. Not at this hotel. Truly the value was there. I don't see any roaches or other rodents hanging about. The hotel room is very clean and the beds are super comfy.

I believe that this hotel and others should please put kids on the bottom floor and older travelers on the top. Please don't book rooms with kids next to rooms that don't have kids. The kids were slamming the door repeatedly for well over an hour. I did call the hotel front desk and they resolved the issue for the most part though there was some small relapses. I love kids as I have four who have grown up but 10 p.m. is a good bedtime,ya think?

The pool is empty. It's not pool season yet, but I hope that Priceline will help by listing dates that the pools open in the hotels. This pool has no water in it.

Still, this hotel is a good value for the money. The drive up window check in was wonderful as we didn't have to get out of the car, and the beds in the room were very comfortable. We have free cable and wifi, and the heating and air work. The water came out both cold and hot. I would stay here again for one night or two. I wouldn't stay for a week though due to the issue of noisy kids, and I hope the hotel will consider booking different groups on different levels so that customers can rest peacefully at night.

Don't be afraid to stay here. I've paid more for lumpy beds and these queen sized beds are super comfortable! :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We will consider your suggestion about placing families closer together so not to disturb other guest in the hotel. I travel often and can appreciate your suggestion as it relates to noise.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again at our Inn.

Kenny
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was an older hotel but we were suprised at how well it was taken care of. We are very budget minded and this was perfect for our family. No frills but just what we needed for a weekend stay. The breakfast was great and the staff was very nice. It was also with in walking distant of shopping and resturants. They had a man made pond with a nice walking trail and my son enjoyed skipping rocks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
REDROOFINNFINDLAY, Owner at Red Roof Inn Findlay, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear :

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Findlay Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Kenny

Been to Red Roof Inn Findlay? Share your experiences!