“twice a week for work” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue

You added Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2355 Tiffin Avenue, Findlay, OH 45840 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites Ltd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Findlay
findley,ohio
“twice a week for work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

great people going above and beyond to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.christine at the desk always with a smile,steve is always on job making the place ship shape ,and the girls make up the rooms fast if you want a special room, what more can you ask for!!!!!

Room Tip: odd numbers are quiter in the daytime
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest which I am delighted to hear your comments about Christina, Steve, and our entire housekeeping staff. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
findlay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

clean room, nice people working there. Great location to shop. places to dine lots of sidewalks. Kim Saldana at the front desk always helpful. Best hotel that my company has used for my stays from home in 35 yrs at this job.

Room Tip: west side or back side quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We are also delighted to hear of the efforts extended by Kim. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I found the staff to be a home away from home.I never once in my 3 months ever have a bad experience.From Steve the maintenance man to the house keeping or the front desk.My room was refreshed daily and housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning weekly.It was convenient to so many restaurants and stores.i recommend highly as i travel all over the USA.And i will ad there was never a time when the front desk never spoke to me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Feb. 25 and 26, 2012. I had booked through Priceline.com and the night before they had gotten me a great hotel at the Ramada Plaza Dayton. It was a 3 star hotel and the price was cheaper than this 2 star. But I've had good experiences with Priceline so I was excited to see what they gave me. I was very disappointed by this hotel. Why in the world would Priceline put in an "extended stay" hotel when I was only going to be there for 2 nights? The location was great and the hotel looked new from the outside but, inside, it was pretty crappy. Very old and outdated furniture that I was afraid to sit on. Filthy carpeting in the hall ways. Nothing in the bathroom but a small bar of soap. No daily maid service. The Continental breakfast was a joke! Practically nothing to eat. The pool was big but didn't look too clean to me. I wouldn't go in it.

This hotel may be okay for blue collar workers who need an extended place to stay while working in the area but, for someone who wants to enjoy a hotel for a few nights, this isn't the place. It was just plain yucky and I would never stay here again. I definitely paid too much to stay in this dump. Priceline really let me down.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, do not select a 2-star hotel in Findlay, Ohio if you are using Priceline. You migh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests from amenities, the cleanliness of our rooms and common areas, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Owosso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My hubby and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Findlay this past weekend for one night. I made the reservation on Priceline in their "name your own price" feature. This books the hotel with a non-refundable reservation before you know the name of the hotel. So, I did not choose the hotel before reserving and I was pleasantly surprised. The clerk at the desk was very nice and mentioned changing our pre-assigned room because it was close to a room with noisy children. We were extremely grateful not to deal with noisy children. Our room was very clean. It had a living room with a tv, couch and recliner. It also had a desk which we did not need. The room had a kitchenette and a separate bedroom with another tv and desk. The room would have been great for anyone staying there for business. We were there for a get-away weekend, so did not need the work space. The bed was immaculate and comfortable. Plenty of pillows. The bathroom was immaculate with a very nice shower head. The soaps included were nice. The room was quiet for the most part except the occasional slamming of the door to the outside which was two rooms down from our room. The breakfast in the morning was good. Waffles, bagels, toast, apples, three kinds of cold cereal, apple and orange juice and four choices of coffee. A little basic, but certainly enough to eat. Overall it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the outside door since it slammed loudly when closed in order to latch it p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

My car was broken into in the parking lot and when the police officer came to file a report he told me that mine was the 6th car that was burglarized this month. The hotel basically told me 'too bad'

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read that your car was burglarized while you were our guest. I do recognize how upsetting that experience can be. We advise that travelers, regardless of whether they are staying with us or staying at another hotel, not store valuables in their cars because incidents such as the one you described, while uncommon, can occur. I am deeply sorry if our staff’s response was anything less than professional, and I can assure you I have brought your concerns regarding this and the remaining glass in the parking lot to their attention. Please feel free to reach out to us directly should you have any further concerns.
Elyria Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Extended Stay hotel in Findlay Ohio was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel stay was warm, friendly and welcoming. The hotel was neat, and very clean and the accomodations were pleasantly spacious. The Internet was fast and easy to connect to ... and free! The price was a value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Findlay - Tiffin Avenue. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue? Share your experiences!