“Worst we've ever had” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairview Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
KILLEEN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My fiancé and I originally reserved this ramada hotel for one week, however we were shocked when we discovered that our "hotel room" resembled more of a sin city themed strip club. I have stayed in low class hotel rooms before, but this place has topped the list!! The room was stocked with one towel,( which had stains on it) the cable took 15 minutes to begin working, the exterior proximity was riddled with loud/obnoxious guests that took FULL advantage of their stay! To top it off, room service excluded our room in their "daily cleaning" schedule! We checked out within 2 days of our stay!! WOW! Please be aware of how this hotel is using the Ramada name, because I will never stay at a Ramada ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaCLEAirport, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write this review , all our rooms are recently renovated with new furniture,matresses,carpet,...also they are all specious also our neighbourhood is very quite specially that we are less than 5 minutes from Cleveland International Airport , I have investigated this TV matter and it has been reported that our technician came to your room and put in within less than 5 minutes , for towels and room cleaning , you had a DD sign on your door the whole day otherwise it is very easy for our houskeeping to clean a stayover room , I wish if you could have contacted front desk at anytime so we could have sent sent you as much as you wanted
Also it has been reported that we have charged you only for two nights and refund you the unused nights also that we have provided you a discounted rate (less than you booked with) upon checkout just trying to make your stay with us satisfactory

Thank you for staying with us and wish to serve you again
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I'm laying in bed in this hotel, trying to sleep as I write this review. Got suckered into staying here with the Travelocity top secret deal. Said I'd be getting a 3 star but this is far from it. I'm in room 101. I can hear the music from the bar through the wall. It also sounds like there is a marching band stomping around the room above me. The walls and floors are so thin that I can literally hear conversations in the room next door. Also, I was supposed to have a king size bed. Of course when I showed up, there were none to be had. The best part about this stay will be when I leave in 5 short hours for my flight. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed September 2012
RamadaCLEAirport, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your review.
Room 101 is not next door to our Bar and Grill as we have room # 100 which is next door to the bar (we usually keep it vacant) so there is another room between your room and bar , however usually music is not heard or loud but on that night we had other rooms available away from the bar so I wish if you could have asked the front desk to change your room to upper floor or other side of the building , we already notified the bar about this to make sure in the future that our esteemed guests staying in that room do not be disturbed since all our guests always enjoy a very quite atmosphere and nice neighborhood in our property
Thank you for your review and we hope to serve you again.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is located within 5.6 miles and about 10 minutes of the airport. The rooms were clean-except the couch, which looked old, worn, and stained. The beds were new and featured sleep number beds. The bed was phenomenal after a long day driving. There was a crack in the fiberglass shower that should have been repaired. The overall room could use some repair and finish updating of the furniture.

Room Tip: Take a quick run to the room check the condition of the room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RamadaCLEAirport, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that couch did not meet your expectation , I already changed it for a brand new one just a few hours after you left. We do strive to ensure everything in your room is working so that you can just relax and enjoy your stay. I am very glad to hear that enjoyed your stay after a long drive , by the way , we are 1.5 mile only from Cleveland International Airport , actually we are the closest hotel to airport , I hope also you enjoyed our upgraded breakfast buffet as well as the availability of the breakfast room area throughout the day.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Kelly
Manager
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a nice hotel very close to the airport in Fairview park (Cleveland International Airport) Ohio. It has off-airport parking and a 24-hour airport shuttle (which I did not use as I had a rental car). A reviewer on another site almost two years ago found it dire and I was concerned , I was very pleasantly surprised. My room was clean and had all the facilities I needed. The furniture and fittings were very clean and contary to the other review, all the staff that I talked to had perfectly adequate English and could not have been more friendly and helpful.
Enjoyed breakfast , WIFI free of charge and the Froggy's bar nd grill inside the hotel offered good food with reasonable prices till 2 a.m.

I shall definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sarahramsey, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write this review
We appreciate your confidence in our hotel and will keep improving our hotel amenities
We look forward to serve you again
Thanks
Claysville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were filthy, entire building was filthy, pool was closed until the health inspector passes it!! We were early to check in and seen the cleaning lady in our room, she didn't change the sheets from the previous renter, they gave us 1 towel, landscaping is a mess, cob webs, dirt, leaves everywhere! Very questionable people live there and the only one who speaks English is the front desk clerk. They say they allow dogs but give you a problem if it's a big dog.....not a good place to stay! Keep away from this place!

• Stayed August 2012
SharifORamada, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thanks for the time you have taken to write this review
I want to apologize for your stay being unsatisfactory and wish you would have told us while you were here. Our hotel offers the best breakfast in the area , we provide a big variety of breakfast (more than 25 items included in our breakfast). We had to charge you amount due to dog damaged our carpet (dog torn carpet "has eaten a piece of front carpet by room door) however we charged less than we should as we respect you as one of our esteemed guests
Most of our staff speak good English and we train them to change all beds sets (sheets,pillow cases,...) for either checkout rooms or stayover rooms , we follow all brand guidelines for cleaning and maintaining all rooms,lanscaping and other different property amenities
Ossining, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The room looked OK when we first walked in but upon closer inspection the carpets were old and soiled, sleeping on the bed was not a good experience because I suspect there were bedbugs, breakfast was not great because there was some kind of church outting with a lot of young people staying and the staff did not do a great job of replenishing the breakfast area, had to complain to get more bagels, waffles and juice, wont come back here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SharifORamada, Manager at Ramada Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks for the time you have taken to write this review
I want to apologize for your stay being unsatisfactory and wish you would have told us while you were here. Our hotel was recently bought by a new owner and the first thing we did is have the entire hotel inspected by a professional exterminating company. They gave us the green light on all our rooms. After reading your comments, I have put that room out of service and had it reinspected. I hope you do understand that bedbugs are not a cleanliness issue, but in fact people carry them in. We have trained all of our staff in what to look for , especially refilling breakfast items immediately , also that we provide a big variety of breakfast (more than 25 items included in our breakfast). I again want to apologize and hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Been to Ramada Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!