“"Suite" Deal” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Medicine Hat, Canada
“"Suite" Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights on business and as the hotel was full, they upgraded me to a suite. The room was lovely, the internet service was free, amenities were great and the location is perfect. There are lots of restaurants within a 3 minute drive and also a major mall in walking distance right across the street with a fantastic restaurant. The hotel restaurant served healthy options for breakfast with great service. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days while on a house hunting trip. The room was clean and updated however the door to the room next to me was very thin and I could hear everything my neighbors said. In addition, when taking a shower the water would go from scalding hot to ice cold and back no matter what I tried. I talked to the front desk staff who apologized and they talked to the maintenance staff who suggested that I run hot water in the sink for 5 minutes before taking a shower. I tried this but it did not help. When I was checking out, the front desk staff said they were waiting until I checked out to take a look. Hopefully the next person will have a better experience.

This is my company preferred hotel however, I will check out some of the other hotels in the area before staying here again. The bar and restaurant are excellent and the staff are courteous and helpful but I expected more from a Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager3180, Manager at Hilton Akron / Fairlawn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Gypsy, thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options for soundproofing our property. In addition I apologize if your shower was not working properly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can follow up with our chief maintenance engineer. Our main priority is the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A's for Staff (very friendly, helpful, efficient), Bar / Restaurant, Rooms (spacious, quiet, well furnished, comfortable), Work area (best desk...anyplace, ever). Internet access was a bit squirrely, but the lobby wireless was fine. Location is excellent - major mall and other shopping / food nearby.

But the maintenance came up short. Back lobby off the parking lot smelled musty - I can get around that. But the only thing slower than the shower drain was the toilet flushing. Get a plumber in there!

It looked like a remodel may be coming, but you can't ignore the basics in the interim!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the back of the property - overlooking a quiet residential neighborhood. Tr...
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just stayed here four nights for business. It was conveniently located to where I was working. The food was good and the bar atmosphere is really nice and a great place to eat. There was a nice desk to do work on that had easy access to electrical plugs.
My only complaint is that there is no real cream in the room for my morning coffee. Best to get your morning cup in the restaurant where they serve Starbucks.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the Hilton on a busines trip to Akron. This Hilton has new finishes and is a great business hotel. It is right across the street from a major mall and about 30 mins from the Akron airport.

The resturant and beds/rooms were great. I would stay again.

My only negative is that gym was pretty lacking. The cardio equipment did have TVs built in, but overall the gym was not at the level that you typically see in a Weston/Sheraton.

Xenia, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Suites are wonderful accomodations and access to everything makes the stay a wonderful experience! Mall is across the street as well as a wonderful Restaurant called the Winking Lizard - fantastic salads and fun atmosphere. The hotel bar is really fun and laid back with great service. Many options for any traveler!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay at this hotel monthly, in 2013 probably stayed there 15 weeks during the year. In the last 6 months I have notice the maintenance of the hotel going down. While they have remodeled the hotel and yes, it looks very nice, the upkeep of the hotel is poor. This past week was the last straw...no hot water! I don't know if they turn the water off to save money or what, but it is not acceptable to stay in the hotel, wake up and have NO hot water..not lukewarm, just cold water. I checked out and stayed next door the rest of the week.

Room Tip: stay next door at the doubletree.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager3180, Manager at Hilton Akron / Fairlawn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I did want to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I totally regret there was no hot water while you stayed with us. Our guests comfort is our main priority and I assure you that I will let our maintenance crew know about your comments. Your feedback is very important to us and I do appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us.

Been to Hilton Akron / Fairlawn? Share your experiences!