We stayed here two nights. Because we have a toddler, we opted to pay for the more expensive suite so that we would be able to put the baby to sleep in the living portion of the room, since she goes to sleep several hours before we do. The suite we were originally given, which ended in 61, was a complete disappointment. First of all, there was a large window between the living room and bedroom area of the suite. This window was covered only with a translucent shade. As a result, when the lights were on in the bedroom, they illuminated the living area of the suite to a degree that the lights kept our daughter awake. Recognizing this might be a problem, I called the front desk and asked if all suites were configured in this way. I was told they were -- which ended up not being true.
The bedroom portion of our suite also had a door adjoining another room. This door apparently was not very solid, because starting at 11:30 at night we were able to clearly hear the discussions being held in the next room. Overall, our original suite was gloomy (the living area had no window of its own, which is probably why they had to add the window between it and the living room) and felt dated.
Based on the sound from the next room and the poor night's sleep we received as a result, I we moved to a different suite the next morning. The suite we were moved to was MUCH nicer. No window between the two rooms of the suite. The bathroom of this suite was much more spacious, and the suite overall had a newer feel, was brighter/airier, and was more attractive. We were here for a wedding, and all of our friends in suites had this type of suite -- as a result, it seems the suites ending in -61 are the least desirable suites in the inventory.
Front desk staff were all very friendly. We ate several meals at the on-site restaurant, Beau's Grille, and found the food to be quite tasty (much better than on-site restaurants typically are!). Room service is from the restaurant and reasonably priced. Fitness room is spacious and has what appears to be new equipment -- 1 recumbent bike, 2 ellipticals, and three treadmills, along with free weights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-story Suburban Hotel situated opposite Summit Mall & 45 miles from Cleveland's Hopkins Int'l Airport. Enjoy spacious, stylishly appointed guest rooms and suites that overflow with distinctive amenities for the utmost in comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hilton Akron / Fairlawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Akron / Fairlawn Hotel Fairlawn
- Hilton Hotel Akron
- Akron Hilton
- Hilton Akron / Fairlawn Ohio