“No thanks” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Fairlawn
North Carolina
“No thanks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

It's fine - it's a Hampton - it's like every other. But I thought it was not well managed - seemed like one of the "who cares" Hamptons.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I could not believe the way I was treated upon my arrival. I am a Hilton Diamond member and literally was in total shock.

The Men's bathroom was filthy. Actual feces in the toilet and on the floor. I almost vomitted.

The young girl at the front desk was canoodling with what appeared to be the manager. Her name was Katie, I noticed from her nametag. She was more concerned with her cell phone and the computer than with me.

I asked for water, and she rolled her eyes at me and asked me if I was a Diamond member. I wanted to speak to the manager, but he was standing there staring at me with his shirt untucked at the bottom and a loose tie..The guy looked like he hadn't showered for about two days. You could SEE the dandruff falling from his scalp into his beard.

I called later that night for a wake-up call. A girl named Makita answered the phone. I asked for a wake-up call, and immediately she said ok, and hung up! I wasn't even done speaking. I tried to ask for towels and was not given any. Katie at the front desk told me they were in the washer.

By morning time I was worried about eating the breakfast food. Cheryl, the breakfast host seemed nice, but looked like she might have a heart attack.

She was in everyone's face every two minutes and wouldn't leave me alone to eat my food. Which all I ate of course was cereal.

All in all these people are terrible. Katie and the Manager, Jim were the absolute worst. I never felt more disappointed in anyone at a hotel.

I really hope corporate goes there and does something to fix the problem!

I brought my wife with me and we will never stay here again!

Room Tip: don't stay here! there are bed bugs!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Enjoyed the stay - very consistent with any standard Hampton Inn. People were friendly and helpful and the facilities were neat, clean and comfortable.

If there is an area to improve it could be in the quality of the breakfast. It probably isn't a good idea for an attempt to be made to serve some sort of egg dish at breakfast. Even when it is fresh it tastes "processed" and it has got to be tough to keep it fresh. The rest of the breakfast is very good (for a "free breakfast"). Also, I'd recommend getting rid of those tiny little ironing boards in the rooms. They are quite useless.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Like the brand but this property was a little off. Physically, the lobby is tight feeling and feels like a conversion from another brand (not certain). The room and carpets seemed a little the worse for wear. Hate hotels that scrimp on the TV picture quality and chose 'flat screens ' instead of HD quality. it says volumes about how they think of their guests.

Staff was glum with one exception and a little clueless. When asked for the closest supermarket , they offered a place a mile or so and a few turns away when their was a supermarket 200 yds away. Couldn't figure that out.

Best part of the stay was the offer of a 20 % discount on food at the Hype Park Steak house located in the Holiday Inn next store. Excellent options if a bit pricey but the shear warmth of the entire stay at Hyde Park made you feel very welcome.

Get some smiles and update the property. Nice lady in the breakfast room should be on the front desk welcoming people .
the pool was out of service without an explanation of when it would become available.

Terrible location for the business center computer . what were they thinking ? useless to a business person

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bowie, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My mom and I used our Hilton Honors points here and got a room for half the points of other Hampton Inns. We were very pleased. Nicely decorated, clean, good pool, fast Internet, across from lots of shopping including Cracker Barrel, World Market, JC Penney, etc,plus nearby gas stations. Very nice front desk staff. Easy access from I-76 and just off I-77.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fairlawn on June 17th-June 19th as I was in town for a wedding. This was the first time ever for me staying at a Hampton Inn and honestly I wasn't expecting much. The property itself was in a great location tucked back behind the major highway. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and prompt service at the front desk. Everything went real smooth, we got to our room and it was pretty decent. It was clean and everything we needed. The bed was pretty comfortable...not the best in the world but good enough to get a good nights sleep. If you're a light sleeper this may not be the place for you as the walls / ceiling must've been really thin because you could hear every footstep around you. Granted this trip wasn't really a vacation but this hotel fit the bill perfectly for our purposes. I will say the property did have a unique smell in the air a mixture smell of sorta like laundry detergent / chlorine? This location had a pool and a jacuzzi tub for customer use which looked nice. The continental breakfast was really good, I would suggest going as early as possible because it seemed the later in the morning it got really busy. I had a very positive expirence with the exception of the employee who was overseeing the breakfast foods, she seemed to have hated her job and gave a rather nasty response when asked for additional waffle batter when it ran out. But I suppose its not the best gig in the world. At any rate I'd suggest this hotel to a friend, and would definatly go back!

Room Tip: Every great store for shopping is within miles!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here 5/25 thru 6/2. While we were there, we were notified that the parking lot was being repaved. I mentioned to the desk clerk that we were parked in a Handicapped parking space and wondered what would be available in the temporary spaces being provided. When we returned that evening, they had created a space for us right next to the side entrance. This is more than we really expected and was greatly appreciated. As far as everything else about a hotel is concerned, couldn't have been happier. The wireless internet service was always fast, the free breakfast is always good, especially like the Robust Coffee. The room was clean and comfortable.I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn? Share your experiences!