“Standard Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfield

You added Holiday Inn Express Fairfield to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6755 Fairfield Business Park Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
“Standard Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is an older property. It is not like the newer or remodeled Holiday Inn Express properties. The hotel is fairly clean. Rooms are ok but definitely needs a remodel. The staff is what made the stay pleasant. Very nice people. Greeted you nicely and were willing to help. I checked in late at night as my flight was delayed and they had everything ready for me when I got there n

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIEFairfield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Morleyf1
Thank you for taking the time to do the review. I am glad to let you know the hotel is going to be getting updates early this year. We do appreicaite your thoughts on the staff, they are always looking at the reviews and it keeps them well motivated when they read good things about there performance.
Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express. It's pretty old so it's a little run down. They did say they were about to start a remodel. Here's how I rate everything on a 1 to 5 scale: Bed - 5, very comfortable; Desk - 4, a little small; Desk Chair - 2, it's not really a desk chair and sits too low for any serious computer work; Pillows - 5, lots of them from very soft to firm; Shower - 5, good pressure, good height; Towels - 2, old and not very soft; TV - 1, common man it's 2014, can we get some HD, channel selection is very good; WiFi - 2, it's slow in the evening, I couldn't get it on my laptop in my room because it would not show in the available networks list and the "help desk" could not resolve the problem in the 6 days I was there; Quiet - 4, rarely had any trouble with noise; Staff - 5, they met every need cheerfully; Outlets - 3, there aren't enough near the desk.

Room Tip: Like every other Holiday Inn Express. Old and a little run down.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patricia C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
EWM_ll
Thank you for taking the time to submit the review. I was very disapointed to hear your internet issue did not get resolved and I do apologize for that and that the speed was slow. We are in the process of correcting the internet speed issue.
The hotel will be going through a freshen-up in the next few months and we will be sure to have work desk and chairs in all the rooms as well as extra outlets. I will also look into the HD channel situation and texture of our towels. I am glad to hear the staff took good care of you and that you were comfortable.
We do appreciate your thoughts and do look forward to having you stay with us again.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My traveling companion had business in the area and this hotel was convenient for that. The staff was nice, the room was cleaned promptly and the attendant for the breakfast kept everything neat, clean and filled. My only complaint was that they had one luggage cart for the entire hotel as far as I could tell and I never saw it until we had already schlepped our luggage to the car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear redbirdgirl1965,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased you did enjoy your stay. We apologize the luggage racks were not available when you checked in. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Canton, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We chose to stay at this location when visiting our daughter at Miami University. The drive between the accomodations and college campus is about 40 minutes. On our first night's stay we were kept awake by a very noisy A/C unit followed by the fire alarm going off 3 times during the night! All the rooms are clearly marked non-smoking but we could definitely smell cigarette smoke throughout the building and wondered if someone had set off the alarms when smoking. We were told there was a problem in the line of the hotel sprinkler system which caused the alarms to go off and that the fire dept also tripped the alarms when trying to correct the problem. The staff were friendly enough and apologized for the inconvenience. We were offered a token discount on our stay or hotel rewards points for the inconvenience. I feel everyone that suffered from little to no sleep that night should have been given a voucher for a free night's stay on a future reservation at any Holiday Inn Express. We would not have stayed a 2nd night but had no other choice since all the college area hotels were fully booked that weekend. We requested a different room for our 2nd night which we were given and although it was less noisy the room seemed very damp, especially the carpeting. At least the fire alarms did not go off that night! We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hankinkl
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfield.. I appreciate you choosing our hotel. I was very disappointed to read that we were not able to provide an excellent experience for you during your stay. It is clear that we fell short of your expectations. The noisy ac unit and moisture issue of your rooms have since been corrected. Although the 2 am leak in our sprinkler system that caused the alarms to sound was unpreventable, we do realize how annoying this can be. Our monitoring company and fire system contractors were quick to respond and were able to fix the problem without further inconvenience to our guest.
Our goal is to consistently deliver above standard service and experiences, and I’m very sorry we were not able to provide the level of service to help you score us as such. I assure you that your comments were not taken lightly, and we will use them as a training tool to better our hotel and improve our product for our next guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we do hope you will give another chance.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and perhaps personally book your next stay to visit your daughter at Miami Univerisity.

Patricia Clark
Holiday inn Express Fairifield
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding and was so pleasantly surprised with how above and beyond the staff worked to provide the bride and groom the best experience in addition to their guests. The front desk staff literally was helping the bride transport supplies and flowers from one room to another and never stopped asking how they could help. I was able to check in early, and able to be close to the other members of the wedding. As far as the room, it was also wonderful with a fridge and microwave as well as a good-size bathroom. The daily FREE breakfast hit the spot and the size and location of it with the lobby provided a perfect place to gather in the morning to relive the night before over eggs, bacon, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee, biscuits and gravy etc (you get the idea). The pool and hot-tube were nice as well, especially with being open 24/7. Long story short... I would recommend this place to anyone, especially in regards to the great price. After staying there, I would be willing to pay double to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Krista M
Thank you so much for your time to submit a review for your recent stay with us.
I am so delighted to hear you had a great visit and really enjoyed the hotel! Our staff loves to get good feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope to see you back on your next visit to Fairfield.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice now for business. The hotel decor is a little dated, but the rooms still feature flat screen TVs. I ended up in an accessible room on my last trip, so I enjoyed the extra space. The room also featured more of a full sized kitchenette, with a counter, cabinets, sink, etc. Of course there was nothing in any of those cabinets that would be useful for cooking as you still have only a microwave and very small mini refrigerator. Mine had a tiny freezer compartment, but my coworker's did not. The air conditioning units look to be fairly new and functioned fine, although my allergies definitely picked up during my stay. I believe that this hotel allows pets, which may have something to do with it (I don't currently have any pets. If you do, it may not be an issue for you).

The pool area is nice, but the workout room wasn't that great. They have two treadmills and a seated bike. One of the treadmills didn't work at all. The belt started sticking on the other on my third run. I didn't ride the bike, because the seat angle looked as if it may prevent me from having children... I did however see one guest on it and he didn't look that uncomfortable.

Normally I don't write about the Holiday Inn Express breakfast except to say that it was standard for this hotel brand. This one however, was pretty rough. I know that the best you can hope for with this chain as far as breakfast is the standard "scrambled eggs" which likely come in a bag and are microwaved, and the usual other items. I'd have to say that the breakfast I ate at this hotel was one of the worst that I've ever had. I'll give it to the food preparation folks in this chain. They have a hard job making overly processed food look and taste pleasant. Perhaps this person was having a bad day. Everything was overcooked. Your mileage may vary...

The one thing that stood out at this hotel was the kindness of the staff. They were very friendly and helpful every time I talked to them, and that really means a lot.

This hotel does offer smoking rooms too, which is a huge benefit for those who smoke.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Patricia C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Trent M,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfield. I am pleased with your good comments and truly value the negative, as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I do hope we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Patricia Clark, GM
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

One of the best Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed in. Satff was very helpful, room was clean and the property is very well maintained. The pool and hot tub were very nice, again clean and wonderful. despite the no frills environment, the rooms are clean and fresh, the breakfast was great and centrally located. Next time I travel to theis area, this is my place.
Great stay, Great Rate *****! Thank you!

Room Tip: select second or third floor for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Howie F,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfield. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again!

Patricia Clark

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfield? Share your experiences!