“I wouldn't want to come back.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Fairfield
Austin, Texas
“I wouldn't want to come back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Bid on priceline, and was assigned to this hotel. This is an extended stay property, so there are no extras. The property is in need of an update, very well worn. There is no housekeeping service for the duration of your stay, unless you stay for more than 7 days or pay a per day fee. The room comes with one bar of soap, no shampoo in sight. Bed was small (full size) and uncomfortable. Two flat pillows isn't enough for two adults.

Room comes with a full kitchen with pans and utensils, range/oven/microwave/toaster/coffee pot and full fridge. We didn't need this because we didn't go seeking out an extended stay hotel. Room was clean, but very well worn. Very stale smelling. AC worked excellent, temperatures were over 100 degrees.

Hotel has an outdoor pool which looked clean, but I did not use it. There are better hotels in the area that cost the same or less than this one, shop around. We liked this hotel so much that we checked out a day early to go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Fairfield. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here for a few weeks recently and the workers are nosy, rude, and pushy. I had to speak to Darryl a few times about some issues and the man rushed me off the phone every time. He could care less about the problems in the room. The room was clean and decent for the price. The food was VERY stale in the vending machines. I will not return due to the terrible customer service.

Room Tip: If you want horrible customer service this is your place. Just ask for Darryl.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Fairfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

So after researching this hotel and looking into it, I only found one bad review. I figured it would be alright to stay at for a week, so I went and checked in. The woman at the front desk was very arrogant, rude, nosey, pushy and I found it to be quite disrespectful to someone paying their company. The room keys she activated for my room wouldn't work and she had to go to my room with me to make sure they worked. She awkwardly stood in the room asking a thousand questions about why I was staying there and what I would be doing, it was beyond friendly conversation and went onto asking for personal information.

I stayed in this hotel because of the price and because it seemed like the only decent hotel for this cheap price in the area. The first night I'm there, I had to go back down to the front desk later on in the evening to ask for the password for the wireless internet. The guy at the front desk sighed very loud over me asking for help and then slammed the password on a slip of paper into my hands. Didn't speak a word to me, just had a very crappy attitude.

A few hours into using the wireless internet, that you have to pay $5 for, I started receiving warnings from my anti-virus and malware protection. Keep in mind, I work on computers for a living and I am very aware of what I do on my computer and I keep all my programs updated and I do not visit sites that will cause any problems. Needless to say, the wireless internet service that they provided was putting a tracer on my computer, watching everything that I was doing. Inside the tracker they were using, was a trojan virus that wiped windows off my computer and it stopped working. So, now I have to fix my computer because of a cheap hotels nosey intrusion.

On top of that, the room was okay to the eye, but when you started looking around, you found things you do NOT want to see in a hotel room. The fridge, dishes, and silverware had a HORRIBLE smell that I have never smelled in my entire life. It smelled like some horrible chemical you'd think to associate with some kind of meth lab. I really can't explain the smell, but it did not smell clean. I searched the bed, trying to look for bed bugs or something of the sort, and found multiple blood stains as well as huge, dark yellow stains. The bed sheets had blood on them as well as tiny brown smudges. The comforter had a musky, old stench, that really grossed me out.

The toilet was filthy and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months, with a black ring around the top of the bowl. The shower had stains all over it and I had to wipe it down with a disinfectant before stepping into it. The carpets had huge stains all over them. The television was ancient and barely worked, the batteries in the remote were dead, the lightbulbs in the lights by the bed were left unplugged with blown lights. The window had water leaking in and left a horrible stain on the wall as well as a mold smell.

The second day of staying there, my room keycard was deactivated and I couldn't get into the building. I had to go back to the front desk and deal with the same guy who, again, sighed very loudly and threw my card on the desk after reactivating it, for me to pick up. This was the final straw for me, I decided my $283 was worth more than I was getting out of this place.

The area its located in, is very handy and close to everything, but I wouldn't advise anyone spend their money here. No customer service, dirty rooms, and monitoring/viruses on your computer. It is cheap and you are getting what you pay for here, garbage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Room Tip: Just don't bother staying here.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the Cincinnati area. It is very well located to food and the highway. Great place to stay as it is well situated and a reasonable price too. The rooms are a tad old and need updating but we can't complain as it was clean. Kitchen was supplied with basic items but no dish detergent so bring that with you. The young lady at check in was amazing and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The front desk lady was friendly, responsive, organized, and quick. The room was clean,
organized well, kitchen was supplied, bed was great, tv channels were great, I give it an
A rating!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed here to look at RV's in the Cincinnati area and picked this one based on price. The location has some restaurants nearby, The four stars are based on what I got for the price. My room was about $50/night on the friday night of Memorial weekend. The place did need some updating but for the money it was very quiet, safe and clean. I was not looking for five star accomodations and this place was good for what I needed. It had a kitchen and refridgerator which was nice to keep some of my food and drinks cold. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

This hotel was convenient to where we needed to be in the Cincinnati area. Bed was comfortable, room was relatively clean. Desk chair had a stain on the seat, so we put a towel on it. Rooms were quiet but it was a holiday weekend so the hotel wasn't very busy. Check-in and check-out took a little longer than usual, especially since I had a coupon. I wish I had known they had a pool, I would have brought my swimsuit as it looked quite nice.
The halls need some updating and some a/c - a little stuffy.
For the price it was fine.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield? Share your experiences!