“Good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This Holiday Inn was more of what I expect from a Holiday Inn! Good amenities and nice spacious rooms! No complaints from a comfort or room standpoint. However, we did find a piece of bacon (we named it Kevin) on the floor under the chair so perhaps a little more attention to detail might be prudent. Breakfast was cheap but everything tasted like it was mass produced. I am pretty we had powdered eggs, which were not good, and they ran out of bowls which in a 30 minute time frame they never did restock. To summarize good rooms, good amenities, but breakfast buffet is not very good and a little more attention to cleaning are suggestions. It is in a great location. Close to interstates, restaurants, and the USAF museum. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband went here for a business trip and my one year old and I went along. Nice staff. We requested some more items and within 10 minutes it was at our door. Didn't eat at the restaurant so cant say much about it. One night they had free drinks but we didn't find that out until the next day so would be worth it to check when there. Our door looked like someone tried to bust through it. Could see light from other side. The room looked ok just didn't feel like it went with the lobby. I did however lean down to pick up my daughters toys and it had a very disturbing smell. To be specific it was a human fluid. Can't believe my daughter was playing around it! Cleaning could be much better I think. Our room had a musty smell also. Wifi was fast and good. Pool was ok really would have liked a hot tub though.

Room Tip: Room 604 Is where we were. The door was banged up like someone was trying to break in previously. Al...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This Holiday Inn is older but it is clean and the staff are polite and helpful. The rooms are not well insulated but the heat is easy to set. There are restaurants within walking distance. There is a Texas Roadhouse, Bob Evans, First Watch breakfast, a Burger pub, Tik's Thai, and some fast food.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nathan H, Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
fufyfhhfhf,

I would like to thank you for staying with us. I also want to thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that our staff took great care of you during your stay and that our hotel was located in a convenient location for you travel purposes. I invite you stay with us again the next time you are in the Dayton/Fairborn area.

Nathan Hamilton
Director of Operations
Sora, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

This is the normal hotel we book when I have business on the east side of Dayton. The hotel is conveniently located close to the interstate and there are several good restaurants within walking distance or within 10 minute drive.

The staff is always friendly and check-in is easy. The rooms are nice and well appointed. Water pressure is good and hot water is usually fast. I find the beds and pillows to be very comfortable. You have the normal choice of firm or soft pillows in your room. The only complaint is that the cable TV selection stinks and is a throw back to 1982. I am at another Holiday Inn now as I right this in Houston and they have 100 channels. When you can't get ESPN2 that is crazy. The Wi-Fi was fast and easy to access.

The gym and pool area are small and this week were crowded with kids. They do have a restaurant and Monday and Tuesday nights from 6 to 7 is the manager cocktail hour. Please ask about what drinks are free. Not everything is and read the sign folks. They do have free appetizers set out but the taco bar is NOT free and the sign says that.

I did order dinner two nights there. I had the salmon salad both nights. First night was one of the best pieces of salmon I have ever had. The second night the salmon was old and bad. They did comp my meal but it should never have been served. I was told by other guest that are there a lot that the steak and other items are like that and it depends on the cook. That is sad. If you have substandard chef that can't prepare meat or sends out bad product they should be removed. If you order from the restaurant be aware that it could be really good or really stink.

Still a great place to stay and the staff are first rate.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Clint D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Stargazerm31,
I want to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered with our television channel selection and your restaurant experience. I did want to let you know that we will be updating our channel selection very soon, and we have recently hired a new chef. I am very confident that you will have perfect stay with us the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn, and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Clint Deaton
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Not a complaint. The front desk staff went above and beyond in making my stay easy and comfortable. This was a business trip in which the room was provided to me by my host. In my contracts with my hosts is a provision that a complimentary hot breakfast be included; when I arrived I discovered breakfast was a pay per plate accommodation. The front desk staff graciously provided me with free breakfast vouchers for my entire stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Nathan H, Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Paul R.,

Thank you for rating our hotel on Trip Advisor! I love to see "no complaints" in a comment, but what I love to see more is that the front desk staff went above and beyond to make your stay great. I hope that your event with us went well and am glad to see that we could get you that free hot breakfast that you were looking for. If you are ever in the Dayton area again, please stop by and see us!
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

We stayed here as part of a wedding in Yellow Springs. Our 3 day stay was very pleasant. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The staff at the restaurant always had a smile with prompt service. The atmosphere they established let all the wedding guests to enjoy themselves. Rooms were clean and large. Workout facilities and pool were very good. This all occurred during a sold out weekend.

Stayed November 2014
Nathan H, Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Conrad524,

Thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your experience at our hotel. We love to see that our staff and managers are giving the best customer service possible and that this is what you experienced with us, and even on a sold out weekend! I hope that the wedding and festivities that you were in town for went well, and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Dayton-Fairborn area!
Maumee, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I was in town for a night and staff were extremely friendly at check in and very encouraging for me to take advantage of the drink and food offer. With the loud behavior that continued to 3am in the rooms I now know why! Hotels are about a clean comfortable nights sleep. Unfortunately this is not the place for the nights sleep part of that statement.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
VMeyers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent visit to Fairborn, OH. I was very happy to hear you were greeted by our passionate team at the front desk and that you thoroughly enjoyed our restaurant and lounge. Sadly, had it not been for noisy late night neighbors, your stay would have gone from 1 star to 5 stars, no doubt. It is however, perplexing and disturbing to learn that the noise wasn't taken care of by the hotel or our on-site security as we rarely have complaints about late night noise. Maybe you had not informed the front desk of the disturbance. We will however, make use of this incident to ensure our team remains responsive to such issues as we greatly care about the much needed rest our guests need. Thank you again for sharing and we wish you the best in future travels....please visit us again real soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675? Share your experiences!