“Nice hotel, excellent staff, and clean.” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Morenci, Michigan
“Nice hotel, excellent staff, and clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family of 4 stayed at the Fairborn, OH Holiday Inn while on a family getaway. We were a group of 2 adults and 2 children. The hotel is easy to find with good signage from the interstate. The front desk staff were excellent. They helped retrieve my priority club number when we found it to be incorrect on my card and gave me a new card to avoid the problem in the future. They were polite, efficient, helpful, and conscience of security.

Because we had children, they gave us the option of close to the pool or a high floor. We chose the pool option, but I thought it was nice that they gave the kids the option. Our rate was $112 for the night.

Our room was what we expected from the Holiday Inn Brand. Updated, clean, and relatively spacious. Our room also included a mini fridge and microwave. NOTE: the vending machine does not carry microwave popcorn, which would be a good suggestion for the hotel.

THe pool area was nice. The pool itself goes to about 5 feet deep and is well maintaned. There is no hot tub at this property that we saw.

After swimming, we did order a pizza and watched a movie on Pay In room movies. The movie was $16.99 but is was a movie that was still in the theater so we were fine with it. Again, that popcorn in the vending machine would have come in handy here.

My only complaint would be the pillows. I like how Holiday Inn is offering firm and soft pillows but they were these half size square pillows that I found uncomfortable. Would have been nice if they were full sized pillows and much more comfortable.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. While we did not take advantage of it, there is a restuarant and conf center here as well. The restaurant looked very nice and is right off the lobby. This hotel is a compliment to the Holiday Inn Brand and delivers what you would expect of the hotel chain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had 3 rooms as part of a reunion ... ours smelled like human sweat. It hit us as soon as we opened the door and no amount of A/C made it dissipate. It wasn't in the bedding ... HOW does a room acquire such a pervasive smell? Another room smelled like garbage/sewer. The connecting room was basically fine, just plain old stale. The place either needs a good airing or new carpet or I don't know what! Glad we only had to stay 2 nights. NAAAASTY! But the full breakfast buffet was handy and the staff was very accommodating, especially for our large group.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GREENSBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn - Fairborn near Dayton Ohio - with a group of over 200 - the experience was all we could hope for! The buffet meals were excellent, accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the staff were very helpful and courteous. Check-in was a breeze! and they offer express check out, too.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for other groups - an excellent place for a wedding reception!

Room Tip: If you need a fridge/microwave in your room, just ask for one when you make your reservation. The...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 3 nights in August 2012. The lobby was very impressive and the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean, but my room smelled stale. Good location. Close to WPAFB and good restaurants. The rooms do not have microwaves or fridges. This Holiday Inn does have a full service restaurant and bar. I didn't eat at the restaurant and they didn't have a breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed in the Holiday Inn this year in May as I had work in Dayton. The hotel is good, with clean rooms. The location is great with McDonalds and Starbucks nearby. The conference halls are also good for meetings. The hotel also has a small indoor pool. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Was not real excited about a business trip at the Holiday Inn, but once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is nicer than most Marriotts and Hiltons that I have stayed at. It is clean, nicely furnished, great staff, excellent food and a nice exercise room. My only negatives are there are no fridges in the room, the pool is a bit small, and we are surrounded by major traffic highways, although there are quite a number of food establishments within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have lived and worked around the Dayton Area for the last 15 years. After hearing about this property's 4+ million dollar renovation and new management I decided to visit it again after nearly a 5 year absence. I was not disappointed!
My work has taken me around the world and I spend an unfortunate amount of time away from home. I have been fortunate enough to stay at such places as the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, the Four Seasons Hotel in Prague and a myriad of other first class hotels around the globe. I will be the first to admit that the Holiday Inn doesn't have the "duck walk" that the Peabody is famous for, nor do they have chandeliers in their elevators. What they do have is the best customer service in the world.
At my first stay at this property I was greeted by Laura. She welcomed me. I showed tired and jet-lagged with no reservation in the pouring rain and not happy that I couldn't find a room in the area (I didn't tell her but I had not used my priority club card since 2007...I wasn't happy to have ended up here). She told me about the improvements that were made and the renovations, but what stuck with me was her welcoming personality and her willingness to help me. She is a class act and the reason I continue to stay at this property when in the Dayton area.
During my stays I have run into most members of the management team. They have all been very interested in how my stays went and my comfort at the hotel. One manager that I would like to mention by name is Kristin. I have learned in nearly 20 years of military service that behind every excellent operation is an excellent leader. Kristin has helped set this property apart from any hotel that I have stayed in in the past. She's even gone as far as contacting me once when I forgot to make my reservation on an upcoming stay. There is no doubt that this property will continue to grow as long as Kristin is helping lead the way.
I want to thank each part of this team for making this property my home away from home!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, it is best not to choose a ground room floor. Some rooms are across from th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675? Share your experiences!