“Definitely not a 2.5 Star Rating Hotel, but has good qualities...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Fairborn

You added Magnuson Hotel Fairborn to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Fairborn
616 North Broad Street, Fairborn, OH 45324 (Formerly Broad Street Inn Of Fairborn)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
New Hampshire
“Definitely not a 2.5 Star Rating Hotel, but has good qualities...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This hotel is definitely not a 2.5 star rating hotel, but the staff was excellent and the room was comfortable. The beds are clean and you are given plenty of towels. We slept so comfortable and the room has the darkening curtains, that we overslept a couple of mornings. The breakfast was continental consisting of cereal, bagels, juices, poptarts, muffins, toast, waffles(some mornings), coffee, tea, hot chocolate. The pool is an outdoor pool, so if you have children that love to swim, do not stay during the Winter season. However if you are looking for a hotel, but do not want to spend much, McDonald's is in walking distance of this hotel and they have a huge playplace, so this was a winner for me as we stayed there for a week. This is not a non-smoking hotel, and sometimes you will give a whiff of cigarette smoke, which I thought would be a problem, but they kept it under control. I advise you not to go through Hotwire for this hotel as you may be able to get a better deal going directly to the Hotel and asking them what is the best rate they can give esp. if you plan to stay a week or more. I think I overpaid through Hotwire for this hotel. Again, not a 2.5 Star rating hotel, but great service for the price. Fitness Center - this hotel has access to a Fitness Center, but it is not on the location. You have to drive at least a mile or so to go work out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
cicero, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We had 2 issues: bkfst on sunday am (around 8 am). There was no coffee, danishes, hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausage. We saw a kid putting cereal in the plastic containers, thought he was just helping the kitchen person. Come to find out he was the owner's son. He shouldn't have been dressed the way he was while helping take care of the food. Monday's bkfst was 100% better, all food/coffee/water was there and waiting for any guest at any point in time. (95% of hotel booked for sunday's bkfst, but that is no excuse). Don't use the internet, we got microsoft Windows Defender donwloaded on our computer and had to reset the computer back to factory settings because there is nothing to get rid of it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Batavia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

The minute I walked in the door I knew this place was a dump. The front desk was staffed my a female whose child was woth her, running the halls. They gave us a smoking room which was disgusting. When asked, she gave me attitutude saying I booked a smoking room. I most certainly did not. The new room was just as gross. Dirt and pet hair everywhere, I made my kids leave the room. It was that disgusting! We walked out after searching the web for a new room. Showered when we arrived at the new hotel - Doubletree Suites (wonderful) to get the filth of that room off of us. YUCK - never been in a room so disgusting. The workers (who I think were the owners) were completely rude. I hope this place shuts down.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chagrin Falls, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

Decent hotel, somewhat out of the way (which may contribute to their fairly low rates). My room was clean and odor-free, but not exceptional in any way. The breakfast area is very small, and it was very hard to walk around the tightly-packed tables to get to an open table. The lobby area is also quite small. I would recommend it for a cheap stay, but not if you are going to spend any time around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed after IKE hit the hotel on Sept 14 2008
They seemed to be prepared and well advised. WE were told up front that power was 25% and there was no Air Cond. We were helped with Baggages and breakfast was super. GREAT Waffles & eggs. We will come back when power is Back 100%
The Staff & Management were very accomodating. They even reduced our Room Rate.
Awesome people !!!!

• Liked — The Staff and their Service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

The place still has the new carpet smell. The room was clean except for the tub which had slight soap scum on it for some reason. We came in really late in the evening. I cleaned it because the guy at the front desk seem more interested in talking to people on his cell and I wasn't in the mood to try and get someone to clean the tub at 10 pm at night. The service desk guy during the day was much better.

Overall the room was nice and new and the beds where very comfortable. The comp. breakfast was minimal. There wasn't much around but by asking around at the museums we visted we found a very nice place to eat a king crab dinner in downtown Dayton called Jay's. We have GPS so it was easy to get there and wasn't that far away. This is the place to stay to vist the USAF museum due to the convienience of being across the street from it and the original Wright brothers field just 2 to 4 miles down the street.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC Suburbs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

Stayed there because of close proximity to the Air Force Museum. Not a really nice place. The card key NEVER worked more than once....lost count of how many times I had to go to the front desk for a replacement, only to be told, "oh, these things never seem to work lately". Yet, we found that the back door wasn't even locked (and we were the first room inside the back door). Not a nice feeling. This wasn't a totally great neighborhood. When we mentioned it, we were told "oh, yeah, I know about that...been meaning to get it fixed". Room had NO FREE OUTLETS at all for charging all the things we need to charge nowadays....I had to unplug stuff to charge my cell phone & GPS. We stayed there because AAA rated it 3 diamonds...I can't figure this out at all. Next time I'm in the area, I'll find somewhere else to go, even if it's farther away.

• Liked — Decent breakfast
  • Disliked — Card key never worked, back door unlocked, just not a great place
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Magnuson Hotel Fairborn? Share your experiences!