“Very nice stay, needs a little updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center

You added Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center to your Saves list
Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building 823 Area A, Gate 12A, Wright Patterson Airforce Base, Fairborn, OH 45433-5000   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
“Very nice stay, needs a little updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here for the Air Force marathon this month. The staff was wonderful, which really made up for the fact that the hotel room needs updating. There was nothing really attractive about the room- white walls, no decorating except an "h" wall decor over the bed. Room was clean, sheets and comforter were on the worn side but still clean and serviceable. Flat screen, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were on the new side. The bathroom was really where you wished it was updated- old countertops, low toilet (for kids?), shower had the little bar that had come out of the hole then was put back in and caulked but it looked horrible, showerhead was old and stained. If they put a little money into this place, it would really stand out. But, it's a contract hotel for the Air Force base, so I don't see that happening any time soon. Really, a decent stay and a very good price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had to stay here for a conference. Had read other reviews and looked at pics online, and it seemed to be a lower level hotel than I typically book. Was pleasantly surprised! Bed was comfortable and room was spacious, and microwave and mini fridge were nice for a multi-night stay. I didn't like that the bathroom toilet didn't have a lid. No in room safe, but there were safe deposit boxes available at the front desk. Limited parking by front door, but lots of parking by the restaurant and conference center. Room walls are VERY thin. I could hear every sound that was made in the adjoining room even though it seemed like the person was watching tv at a normal volume and speaking normally on the phone. I brought a portable white noise machine that I travel with which helped mute the noise so I could sleep. Hallways were very dim, and they still issue metal room keys! Two different people in the group I was with checked in at night and were accidentally given rooms that were already occupied.

Staff was very friendly and front desk staff knowledgeable about directions. NOTE: Nothing other than the Air Force Base is in walking distance. Do NOT rely on GPS or google maps for accurate directions to the hotel. Call the hotel in advance and get directions from them. Since it is on Air Force Base property, their address isn't registered in GPS systems. Lots of restaurants and shops within a five minute drive, but not walkable.

Large conference rooms. Conference food was good. Enjoyed the rocking chairs outside.

Good value for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Misses W, Director of Sales at Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment, our hotel will be going through some positive changes in the coming year and your opinion truly matters and we appreciate that. Should your travels bring you back in the next year we hope that you select us for your overnight. accommodations.

The Staff & Management
Benton, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spend four nights at hotel for a convention with my wife. Hotel is adjacent to WPAFB and has a lot of AF transient residents whom I found to be very professional and friendly. The rooms are fairly plan but clean and quite. Nothing exceptional but noting to complain about. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we ask for additional pillows. They have a restaurant "Packy's" in the hotel and they serve normal hotel fair with buffet breakfast and lunches at additional charge. Overall a good place if your doing business at WPAFB or visiting the museum.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Senecaville, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My cousin had her reception here and there were a block of rooms reserved for anyone who wanted to stay. Overall, the hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms had everything we needed. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it was quite nice for the price. Nice mini-fridge, iron & ironing board, new flat screen Vizio TV.

The catering staff though gets way over 5-stars!! My daughter had placed her retainer on a plate during the dinner portion of the reception and a waitress took her plate. By the time we realized it was gone, the retainer had made it into the trash. The staff took the time to dig through all of that trash in the parking lot until they found it! They were a life saver!! I can't say enough how much that was appreciated!! In my opinion, they went above and beyond!! The bartender Michael was also fabulous! He knew after only one drink what I wanted every time I went up to the bar! Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hope Hotel (named after the famed Bob Hope) recently and was really impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the the attentive staff. The room has a small fridge and microwave as well as coffee service. The restaurant/bar is great. Standard sports bar fare at very decent prices. For the price in the Dayton area I don't think you can beat the Hope. If you plan to visit Wright Patterson or the Dayton area you should give them a try. You have easy access to local attractions and it's very secure because you are right outside the main gate to the Air Force base.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

It was a pleasant hotel. I thought it obviously wasn't like an embassy but it was good enough. Wasn't the cleanest but it was doable. I would stay there again because of the nice price

• Stayed July 2011
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I'm just wrapping up a month long stay at the Hope Hotel and I don't have any complaints at all about the stay. Now, I probably wouldn't stay here on my own dime but I wouldn't hesitate staying here if on government business. I've read most of the reviews that other travelers have posted and I can honestly say that the vast majority of issues that people mentioned were transparent to me. The below encapsulates most of the things that I noticed about the hotel:

Pros:
- Service...pretty good. All of the people that I dealt with in the hotel were very nice to me and had ready answers to any questions I had.
- Parking...big parking lot with plenty of space to park no matter what time of day you arrive.
- Room...while the furniture might be a little bit dated, it was still plenty functional and comfortable. The room looked updated to me and was also spacious with a large comfortable bed, new A/C system, and new flat screen television. The bathroom also was good -sized with plenty of hot water whenever I used it. Lastly, I had a very strong Wi-fi connection (routinely four or five bars) that allowed me to use the internet to the fullest of its ability.
- Packy's - This is the sports bar that's connected to the hotel. I ate there numerous times, primarily breakfast and dinner, and I was never disappointed. The prices are very reasonable and the food was excellent every time. It has a French-trained chef but I don't know if he was the one that prepared the food. Whatever the case, this was a place where I looked forward to eating.
- Location...can't be beat. I was attending a course at WPAFB and it took me just over 10 minutes to get there from the hotel.

Cons:
Laundry: Only two pay washers and dryers on my floor. Considering there might be close to a hundred people per floor, some of them staying at the hotel for extended periods, that's not enough washers and dryers.

Room Tip: The only things that I can recommend is try not to get a room near the elevators.