I stayed here for the Air Force marathon this month. The staff was wonderful, which really made up for the fact that the hotel room needs updating. There was nothing really attractive about the room- white walls, no decorating except an "h" wall decor over the bed. Room was clean, sheets and comforter were on the worn side but still clean and serviceable. Flat screen, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were on the new side. The bathroom was really where you wished it was updated- old countertops, low toilet (for kids?), shower had the little bar that had come out of the hole then was put back in and caulked but it looked horrible, showerhead was old and stained. If they put a little money into this place, it would really stand out. But, it's a contract hotel for the Air Force base, so I don't see that happening any time soon. Really, a decent stay and a very good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center is Open to the Public and offers 265 renovated and fully equipped, clean, comfortable, non-smoking guest rooms. All rooms are complete with internet access, in-room coffee service, microwave, mini-refrigerators, iron/ironing board, voice mail, radio with MP3 hook up, 32 inch flat screen TV, and individual climate control. Shuttle service is available at a minimal cost through Charter Vans; same day laundry service along with self-service laundry is also available, ATM located in lobby, complimentary internet located throughout our Hotel & Conference Center. We offer over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 10 meeting rooms we can do up to 400 people classroom seating and up to 800 people for any food function, large parking area for busses & trucks with trailers, along with our famous Packy’s Lounge & restaurant. The hotel opened in 1990 and was named in the honor of the legendary troop entertainer Mr. Bob Hope; our restaurant was named Packy’s for his brief boxing career.The Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center is honored to have its own place in history as the host to the 1995 Proximity Peace Talks between the Presidents of Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia which resulted in the Peace Agreement. We continued our involvement by hosting the Peace Prize in 2000 and 2005 honoring President Bill Clinton and Ambassador Richard C. Holbrooke respectfullyWe are located in the I-675 corridor; we’re just minutes from Interstates 75 & 70, minutes away from Downtown Dayton and a quick drive to the Dayton International Airport. Our property is located by Wright Patterson Air Force Base and the largest Hotel & Conference Center in Greene County Ohio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hope Hotel And Richard c. Holbrooke Conference Center
- Hope Hotel & Richard c. Holbrooke Fairborn
- Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center Fairborn, Ohio