“Go try their sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Go try their sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I go to Saya at least a few times a month and absolutely love it everytime. Try the KaniSu appetizer! We always get the JH Roll but there are a lot of good ones. Everyone there is sooo nice. Highly recommend!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fairborn, Ohio
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went here for lunch with my husband. I got the shrimp tempera lunch special and he got the fried pork lunch special. The tempera was good but only came with 3 pieces of shrimp and about 4 pieces of tempera vegetables. The pork was tasty. Both lunch's came with rice, california roll, salad, miso soup and some other unidentified accouterments. The food and drinks came out quickly which is great because he only had an hour for lunch.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“Improvable service, unique and authentic food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The first impression wasn't good: at first glade, you wouldn't pay a penny for this place. But do not get discouraged; you know appearances can be deceiving!
The restaurant is modestly furnished, comfortable and affordable. My confidence has grown up since I saw several Asian families dining there: to me that is a really good sign! And they weren’t families of 4 generations ago moved in US…that means much more! Having and knowing many Asian friends, I know how they might be skeptical having a meal out; other way the restaurant must being very popular and…good! You will find a plenty menu: there is something to suit everybody’s fancy!
We totally got lost in its sushi and sashimi list and they were awesome, fresh and authentic! My husband loved his choice!
And I loved my Korean Bibimbap: stunning!
Our waitress was smiling and kind, but you never try asking her something unconventional: for example a cola NO ICE, please. Or May I not have the hot sauce in the side of the plate?
Whether you come there do not be in a hurry though. Keep your calm and enjoy your meal as if you really were in Asia. Also the service is typical, so you wouldn’t find a quick one as in the American restaurants. And to be honest…it is not so bad. Enjoy your time seating in your table with your family, tasting the food.
And remember it is really authentic fortunately: flavors, food and portions. Do not expect something different, or an American style: for that there are other many places.
Also here, there is no parking issue as well. Don’t worry about that!

Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“At least as good for 3/4 the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The staff is quick, the prices are great compared to the other local places and the food is awesome! I can't remember the name of my favorite dish, but it might rhyme with Bee Bin Bop!

Visited January 2012
Dayton, OH
“A pleasant surprise....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Even though the area around the restaurant is a bit on the depressed side, this little gem couldnt be a better find ! The service is excellent and the dishes are rich in flavor, served piping hot and taste is outstanding. Went with my wife and 4 of our close friends. Between all of us we had a wide selection of their offerings and we very satisfied. If sushi is your thing you will be very happy. They ended our meal by bringing us a palete cleansing mini rice cakes with vanilla ice cream in the middle...sounds simple but it was just the right ending to a nice evening.

• Visited November 2011