“Very acceptable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Fairborn
San Jose, CA
“Very acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here Jan 22-24, 2013. For the price, the hotel is quite satisfactory. The location is convenient if you are visiting Wright State University or Wright-Patterson Air Base. The hotel is a clearly an older property, and they have worked to freshen it up. The overall result is that the hotel was clean and well-maintained. I had no significant issues or complaints. The internet worked well, the room was clean, and the breakfast was fine. I paid $104 per night during the week; I paid $5 more for a "larger guest room" which was an ordinary room with the second bed removed and a sofabed put in its place. a coffee table would have been nice but there was none, making the sofabed of limited use. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and orderly, and welcome during the cold Ohio winter. I would (and likely will) stay at this location again.

Room Tip: For $5, the deluxe "larger guest rooms" are simply ordinary rooms with the second bed remo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Danielle M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dayton Fairborn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thaks for the helpful advice. I will pass this information along to our staff members. We will work on putting coffee tables in all of our rooms with the sofa bed.

Thanks!!

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has good-sized rooms with generally comfortable beds and new linen, with clean mattresses and plenty of pillows for your head. The bathroom door frames (metal) are showing their age, as is the finish in the bathtubs, but the showers offer plenty of hot water, no matter the time of day or night. The towels are good- sized but they are often burdened with softener so they are not as absobent as they would be otherwise. The staff members are the best - always friendly and quick to help if you need them. The cookies and/or popcorn they have for guests most afternoons/evenings are a nice surprise, especially if you have hungry children and it's not quite mealtime. The indoor pool, although quite small, is always sparkling clean, and having towels available at poolside means you can leave your bath towels in your room.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the input. I will definately pass the information along to our staff. We will certainly take a look at some of the areas in our hotel that are showing their age.

Thanks!!
Bedford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked a week at this hotel to attend a residency program at a university nearby. This is a property that Marriott may want to consider for upgrading. Although the bed was slightly above average in comfort for me, the room had a odd odor -- like it was fumigated several times over with deodorizer to "freshen" it -- and the infrastructure of the room is in need of upgrading/updating. Frayed carpeting, peeling wallpaper in the bath, old and tired tiles. I've stayed in plenty of Fairfield Inns and I know that I've experienced much cleaner, upgraded rooms. So...I think it's time. As far as everything else, all good from my point of view. The staff is VERY accommodating and helpful. We needed an extra pillow for a classmate to take with her for a day to use to prop up her injured let -- we got one. I asked for hard-boiled eggs (not readily available during breakfast), they provided. Body lotion? (not made available in rooms)...we were provided with lotion. So, all in all, a comfortable stay, just not the Marriott environment experience for which I am accustomed.

Room Tip: Old style rooms have air-conditioners installed under windows; they can be loud. I was able to sleep...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wayland, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks at this hotel. The staff at the hotel were exceptional. Unfortunately,the property needs work. I had a note in the bathroom that said the tub needed refinishing and was scheduled for finishing. Luckily I take showers and worked out OK. The room should not have been used. The hotel itself was clean and safe.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Typical Fairfield Inn, no frills, but comfortable beds, refrigerator in room, pool. Ready for an update. We have stayed here many times over the years and it is showing its age. In need of a physical update. The staff was excellent. Very warm welcome and always helpful, cheerful. Easy parking, average free breakfast. Close to Nutter Center, Wright St. University and Fairfield Commons mall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Due to some conventions in town we had one night here and two elsewhere. After asking for another two nights we were told we could get the nights but at a higher rate than our normal. Since it involved a room change (we were in an upgrade) they said just pack up and they would move our stuff. When I got back they had to run the card again and I found that the manager had lowered my rate to my normal discount rate AND put us on my preferred third floor.

The staff were great folks, some of the best I have seen, need another rating for super folks. There were cookies, popcorn, and sometimes drink (lemonade/punch) in the afternoon and the coffee service in the lobby had hot chocolate packets too. The bed was a bit better than the average, but the pillows were small.

The manager has been getting refrigerators in every room and is trying to get microwaves in every room. Nice.

The bad -The breakfast was a bit on the poor side. Had the basics of a FF Inn but it just did not have the feel that other FF Inns had. Of course, it was very crowded with a big conference in town and a sports event for kids meant the hotel was fully booked.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

We picked this hotel for our trip because we were traveling with family. The free breakfast is perfect for our parents. They like to get up early, read the paper, have coffee and eat cheap. For the kids, the pool was an attraction. The beds are very comfy and the rooms nice size. There were a lot of families so we heard that it was a little noisy on the first 2 floors, but we slept well on the 3rd floor. The exercise facility is across the parking lot at their sister property Hampton, so we didn't make it there. The business center is 1 computer in the breakfast area. Location was good for our needs (you can walk to First Watch). Staff was super friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn Dayton Fairborn? Share your experiences!