“my stay at extended stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn

You added Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Presidental Drive, Fairborn, OH 45324 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Dayton - Fairborn)   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Muscat, Oman
“my stay at extended stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was nice but not as it might look.The only problem was that the odour in the corridor which some of the guests have mentioned earlier. This is related to bringing pets in the room.It was tough for us since we were coming from a different background.It is recommended that pets should not be allowed in the rooms.

Another problem was the lift which every time was under maintenance.
The staff were superb especially Peggae and Rae/

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad to see your positive comments regarding the service of both Rae and Pegge provided you. However, I am very sorry that you experienced the issue with pet and cooking odors in the corridors. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on a way to increase the ventilation of the corridors as well as a better method for resolving pet odor issues. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

I also apologize that we were experiencing elevator issues during your stay. We contacted our service provider for repairs immediately, however, we understand it still caused an inconvenience and for that, we are extremely sorry.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you, again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beavercreek, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn went well out of their way to provide outstanding service. From Misty assisting us w/printing, Pegge/Rae providing general assistance, and Don allowing us to borrow a few of his tools to work on our car, the staff went well out of their way to make our room and the hotel feel like home.
We also thoroughly enjoyed the use of the pool.

Room Tip: There is one large apartment in the upper floor for families. It easily sleeps four and has space f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with both the size of the room and the great guest service given by my staff; your comments are truly refreshing to read. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Huntersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking this hotel so my expectations weren't very high to begin with. We only stayed here because it was a holiday weekend and all the other hotels were already booked. The room had a nasty, sour odor that we could not get rid of. And I wasn't at all thrilled with the dead maggot on the counter next to the kitchen sink. The carpets throughout and the furniture were so badly stained that everything looked filthy. The walls and floors allow every noise to come through. While we were there, the elevator broke, twice, and we ended up having to make several trips to carry all of our bags down the stairs when we left. The one good comment I can make is that the bed was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be cleaning the carpet and furniture to make sure this doesn't happen again moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and for your positive comments about our bedding. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pros: Actual room appeared to be clean but linen on the pullout sofa was dingy; not noisy; pet friendly.

Cons: Carpet felt damp -- maybe humidity from the ageiing ac unit: Dated furniture --
Pull out sofa looked old and worn. Dog poop in the foyer as we walked in. Apparently they do not have housekeeping on staff 24/7. We were told that housekeeping would be in around 11 pm to clean it. Poor quality blankets (fhin and spongey) and bedspread (don't be fooled by the picture -- the accent stripe is not a separate piece of bedding instead it is a pattern in the fabric of the cheap, thin polyester bedspread. Free breakfast was a small accent table with fruit and granola bars. Our party was split and placed on different floors. Smoking rooms.
Would have changed hotels if one had been available in the are abut 600 soccer teams were in the area for a mega soccer tournament.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that upon your arrival the lobby and your room were not in line with our company's cleanliness standards. I discussed your comments with our team, and we will be working to improve our cleaning procedures and policies, especially when it comes to our hotel's common areas. As well, I apologize that our linens and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations, but we will keep your remarks in mind as we continue to make improvements.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were overly surprised by the huge size of our room. The staff was very nice and courteous. I thought the hotel was an awesome deal for the price. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will definitely stay there again if we are in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review and I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words. Its always rewarding to hear that we did a great job and that you were so happy with your room and stay. Please let us know next time you are in town so we have a chance to repeat your experience.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I chose this location due to price & having stayed at Extended Stay Americas before. We were meeting up with relatives from out of state that were participating in the 2013 WGI World Championships being held at Dayton Univ. Arena. I had made reservations for two nights for my husband & myself. If he had not been with me I'd have checked out after the first night. Someone in the room above us paced the floor well past midnight. I reported this & it stopped after 10 - 15 min) There was yelling of obscenities & pounding on a door to be let in to a room in our hallway. Dead young cockroaches on our kitchen counter the 1st. morning and very dirty carpeting in our room. The furnishing were worn, the room temperature remained too warm & the TV volume went up & down by itself requiring constant adjustment.

On the positive side the bed was comfortable & water pressure was fine.

Cannot say I felt comfortable in our surroundings. Doubt if I'd ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The iisues you described regarding your room, is truly regrettable and we are very sorry. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is looking into the situation reguarding the person knocking on your door and the lack of cleanliness you described.

I want to apologize sincerely for not being able to provide you with a comfortable stay. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Newbury, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are unaccustomed to Extended Stay America, that's marketing speak for "we only clean your room once a week". As we were there only two nights, that wasn't a huge problem. The first room they gave us had ants in the bathroom, but a second room was OK. The rooms were large, with a kitchenette, and were pretty dated, but clean. The rooms had a kind of sickeningly sweet smell. Bed was OK, although there was an extension cord running between the headboard and the mattress (!). Mentioned this obvious fire hazard to the clerk, who said it would be fixed. Low end, simple room, but lower price compared to some in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the first room we provided was not satisfactory and for the sweet smell in the second room. Please know I will be using this feedback to better coach our teams in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton-Fairborn

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!