“Acceptable low end hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Presidental Drive, Fairborn, OH 45324 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Dayton - Fairborn)   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Newbury, Ohio
“Acceptable low end hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are unaccustomed to Extended Stay America, that's marketing speak for "we only clean your room once a week". As we were there only two nights, that wasn't a huge problem. The first room they gave us had ants in the bathroom, but a second room was OK. The rooms were large, with a kitchenette, and were pretty dated, but clean. The rooms had a kind of sickeningly sweet smell. Bed was OK, although there was an extension cord running between the headboard and the mattress (!). Mentioned this obvious fire hazard to the clerk, who said it would be fixed. Low end, simple room, but lower price compared to some in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the first room we provided was not satisfactory and for the sweet smell in the second room. Please know I will be using this feedback to better coach our teams in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night this past weekend, and while it is true that the rooms are a nice size, this hotel is the loudest I've ever stayed at. The walls and ceiling were so thin, both the child running back and forth above us and the dog barking next door kept us from sleeping. They've also installed these auto air fresheners that are such a heavy flowery soap scent that gave me an instant headache. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I want to start by apologizing for the noise that you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all guests and Im sorry we failed at that mission. I would like to invite you back to the hotel so we can have a chance to make it tup to you. I hope to hear from you soon
Dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for visitors of this area for several reasons. Among these reasons would be the excellent staff and service I received here while being a guest at this establishment along with the clean rooms and short walking distance to many restaurants and a major grocery store not far away. This hotel is also a short drive to a Air Force museum, base, and located directly across the street from a university and hiking path. It is also located in a safe and quiet location with a pool and laundry service on the ground floor. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this area for a short or extended stay! The staff are very friendly, helpful, and the rooms are always cleaned once a week by the housekeeper. Just a few blocks away is a bank, Kinkos, Thai restaurant, pizza restaurant, travel agency, and a House Depot store . Wright State University across the street also has several restaurants and shops just five minutes walking distance. In just a ten minute drive is a mall, Barnes and Nobles, along with a Best Buy, TJ Max, and an Olive Garden Restaurant. This hotel also offers a great rate and the rooms are well sized .Thank you Extended Stay America!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for the glowing review of our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful comments for others to hear about your experience. As always if you need accomidations in Fairborn we would love to have you back!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice, big renovated room in a well located part of Dayton. The hotel was convenient to great dining and coffee shops. Great room for the price! The staff could not have been more helpful upon check in and at check out. Forget the old negative reviews -- its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us a review. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you in your future travels to Fairborn.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent place with very helpful and respectful staff. Deffinatly the best place in town with the best prices & comfort! The free WiFi is great and I like the coffee. Walking distance to the Wright State University and stores.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad that you always have a great stay with us in Fairborn. We look forward to being your hotel of choice.
Lansdowne, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I got this hotel off of Hotwire. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Aaron called a little after I went in room to make sure everything was okay. The room was very clean and updated. The only thing they haven't updated are the cabinets. The room was a very good size. The only complaint had to do with the other guests (including a woman in hall yelling for a bit). Other than that, everything was great!!

Room Tip: I stayed by elevator...I would suggest staying away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to shear your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled that the staff was great and the room was so clean. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Fairborn, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

my wife and I stayed at Studio Plus in Fairborn Ohio for 6 long months and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our housekeeper Maricia Bailey was excellent. She took great care of us during our stay. It was very nice being able to have someone to trust while we were not in our room. We never had to wait for anything that was needed she always would be right there to meet our needs with a wonderful smile. Maricia definitely takes pride in her job and is a great asset to your company..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ESH_Manager, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the hard work of our housekeeping staff, especially Maricia. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!