“Darned tasty and well worth the stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
michigan
“Darned tasty and well worth the stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Upon reviewers from Trip Advisor and a few others my girlfriend and I stopped by for a bite on our girls out weekend. I must say the attention by all the staff was fabulous. Service was quick, food was hot and tasty. Prices were reasonable. The meat didn't even need the self made sauces, but I had to give them a try anyway. Yum. The smoked seafood salad was interesting and worth ordering again. :) I had the slider combo and took the suggestion to try one of each. I must say the pork was divine, the brisket was the best I've had so far. (no I haven't been to Texas in many years) Chicken was kinda standard to other smoked chicken I've had. Pretty mild, but tasty. Ordered a to go for the honey and could smell the smoke in the cooler all weekend. mmmm. My girlfriend ordered the pulled pork and the sweet potato casserole, and beans. We both decided that a walk was in order before we went to the next spot. So full. Will be back when we are in the area again. :)

• Visited September 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Great Brews and Slow Smoked BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a great locally owned restaurant -- it is a firefighter themed restaurant --because a family of firefighters own it. Real Slow hickory smoked BBQ. The Smoked sausage and Chili were outstanding, and great as a chilli dog! Wings also were meaty with a great smoky flavor, the best wings. Also had a variety of craft beers on tap, try own their Hydrant Heffeweizen.

• Visited September 2013
Kettering, Ohio
“Great Food and Great Atmopshere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the place to go in Dayton! The restaurant is fun with its firefighter decorations, and its always nice to have a game room that can distract the kids. The service was excellent, and I don't even know where to begin with the food and drinks! Company 7 has a wide variety of beer on tap - including some of its own brews. The food is outstanding. I love the pulled chicken (with firefighter sweet sauce), the nachos (which are just the way I like them - not spicy!), the wings, the sausage (which is great on a sandwich with Carolina sauce), or the specials that they have every Friday or Saturday (such as cabbage rolls).

• Visited August 2013
Union, Ohio
“This is not Real BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Met friends here today from the South who wanted to enjoy some good BBQ. We have to agree with them this is not Real BBQ. This has all the rewards for best in the nation we just wonder what nation. We must say that our male server was just outstanding but that is the high point of this visit. First of all we are all still waiting for the smoke flavor to come out of the meats. Owner said that the local people don't like the strong smoke flavor so they tame it down. Brisket was cold, collard greens are just that not flavors in them at all, ribs good but part of the half slab over cooked. Found the casing on the sausage to be tough hard to cut into with a knife and very little flavor. The mashed red potatoes with garlic must have just passed the garlic over the potatoes. They have a homemade potato chip that is good flavor and very crispy. Our folks from the South are still looking for some Real BBQ and I do not think we will ever be back to Company 7.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here on the recommendation of the hotel staff where I was staying at while traveling through the Dayton, OH area. I was greeted by a smiling and friendly hostess as I came inside and I asked fora specific empty table and was allowed to sit where I wanted. The waitress stopped by promptly and took a drink order. Havi g never been here before I asked the waitress about the food and opted for a BBQ co binational plate. The food came out in a short time. I was then treated to some of the best tasting food and a great selection of six sauces to suit anyone's taste. At the hostess stand are some of the trophys that company 7 has won and after tasting their food I can see that they are well deserved! I can't wait for my next trip through the Dayton area so I can stop back by and try something else on the menu. Plus the prices were very reasonable.

Visited July 2013