“this stay was way better than the last...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Marietta, Ohio
“this stay was way better than the last...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

In the past I stayed here many times but about a year ago I had a very bad experience here with an employee ( I had two past reviews on here but they both were removed ?) after this issue took place I said I would never return and started staying elsewhere ,I recieved a call from the general manager asking me to please come back that the employee and problem were fixed and the next stay was on him at no cost...after holding a grudge for a year I decided to go back and take him up on his offer and give it a try again...so I arrive and tell my story and ask for the free stay and I am told that the property is under new management and they knew nothing about what I was talking about...(this is my usual luck)..anyway I stayed and everything went well room was clean,bed was ok not great but not bad either, good water pressure and hot water recieved my bag of water and snacks for being a gold member people were great and price was good also...Im still bummed that I didnt get a free room I do understand that it is under new management but it is still a best western...but anyway my experience here went well I have stayed at neighboring properties and would say for the price this is probably the best deal at this exit...when Im back in the area I will stay here again

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet great for a day sleeper like myself
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to thank you for staying with us again after the issues you had the last time you stayed. We are under new ownership/management and we are glad that we met your expectations and enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again when you are traveling through the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Clean rooms, hot breakfast and well-lit ample parking. Fridge, microwave + . Easy access to Interstate and all conveniences. Jeff at the front desk was most accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are double beds (no queen size available) Ask for a king size bedroom with sof...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area to visit.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We checked in late at night to stay on our way from Virginia to Illinois. It was conveniently located right off the highway. The room was not clean - there was hair around the sink and dust on top of the fridge, and the worst: When my mother pulled back her bedspread there was a used tissue in the sheets. The sheets smelled like perfume - clearly hadn't been washed since someone last slept there. Breakfast was fine, with various hot food choices. When we checked out and I told the manager about the tissue in the bed, she told me to call her if I was staying there again, remind her who I was, and she would give me a discount. Well...not sure if I just got the room that the housekeeper skipped, but I don't ever plan on staying there again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these issues to our attention. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests' experiences. We take housekeeping cleanliness very seriously and strive to make every guest experience a great one. It is obvious we had some short comings during your visit and I sincerely apologize about that. Our staff works very hard to create great guest experiences and I know if give another opportunity we can make that happen for you. If you see from some of our other reviews most of our guests truly enjoy their visits with us. I have taken the information that you have given us and reviewed it with the Executive Housekeeper and the entire team to make improvement and to ensure all rooms meet Best Western standards.

I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss with you the circumstance which you encountered, and would appreciate it if you would contact me personally so that I can help improve our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and I hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to change your mind about our hotel.

Teresa Woodhouse
Belmont, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very pleasant staff that care- Put together a free food event Friday evening for the Dayton Hamvention in May!
I would have given the hotel a excellent rating but the change to all non-smoking was disapointing and spoiled an otherwize perfect visit- Had this had been winter the stay would be intolerable and I would not have stayed there!
Smokers have rights too- The change in plolicy while politically correct, infringes on the rights of a minority and is not what this country was founded on!
When all personal rights are restricted somehow by big daddy Government doing what is best for you, It all started with smashing down smokers! What's next? Sugary pop? overweight? Look out- You are next!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay during Hamvention and the Friday night event. We are under new Ownership/Management and they chose to be 100% non-smoking. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Teresa Woodhouse
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The room was clean and neat. The staff was excellent and accommodated whatever we needed, we called for more towels and an iron and they brought both right up to the room. The breakfast was very good and had a variety of items. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for such a nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Dayton area.
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our visit wasn't too bad. The hotel staff is extremely friendly. Our main issue was maintence. Our TV didn't work properly, the air conditioner never cooled and the chair in our room didn't roll. Only one side of our window was locked and there weren't enough towels in our room. After talking to the manager a credit was issued.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Kdl2012, First I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us and thank you for bringing the issues to my attention. I have addressed the issues with my staff and taken care of the items. I appreciate you taking the time to send in a review so we know how your experience was. We strive for guest satisfaction and hope that if you are in the area again that you will consider staying with us.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Althought this is not a new hotel, it is a nice place to stay. The employees are friendly and courteous. Sharon was at the desk and suggested local restaurants for dinner. The breakfast was good each morning. Rooms are "tired" but clean. Good value for the price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!