“Super nice and welcoming employees!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Dayton Airport

You added Clarion Inn Dayton Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Rockridge Rd., St. Rt. 48 & I-70, Englewood, OH 45322 (Formerly Holiday Inn Dayton Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Super nice and welcoming employees!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Baltimore. The rooms are not updated, but they are working on it. Our room was okay but we loved the employees! The people at the front desk were so welcoming after our long drive! It was so nice to see people that cared about their customers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Traveler A,

Thank you for taking time to give our hotel a review. As you noticed when you were here we are undergoing renovations. We hope to have half our rooms completed by mid November and the other half by May of 2014. I am very pleased that you found our staff to welcoming and pleasant. I do take pride in our customer service and we strive to leave an impression on all our guest as they did for you. Thank you again for your comments, I will pass them along to the staff.

Tim McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Craig, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I checked into the Holiday Inn Dayton Northwest August 3rd 2013. What a letdown, the hall carpets were torn and worn out, the room carpet was worn out and dirty, the bathroom floor was sticky and showed signs of long term neglect.
I stayed in this hotel 5 years ago and it doesn't look like it has had any serious maintenance or upgrading since then. The refrigerator in the room was turned off and didn't get cold for a couple of hours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Gar W

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I am sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. It is my goal all guest have a great stay with us and we fell short of that. We are in the midst of renovating and I can happily say the hall way carpets are part of the renovation along with the guest bathrooms and many other things. As for the refridgerator, part of our committment to be Green is to not use up energy by having them run constantly. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

Owensburg, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel is very easy to find. Right off the interstate. Booked the room online, and when I checked in, everything was fine. Went to my, turn around and walked back out. I had booked a king Leisure, Non-smoking. Walked into a double room. Went back down stairs and spoke with the staff. They advised me that they did not have anymore King, non-smoking rooms available. I got a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite. Staff was very professional and curtious.. Was satisfied with the room upgrade. Bed was comfy and shower had plenty of water pressure. All in All was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I apologize about the room confusion but am happy you were able to get a free upgrade to one of our jacuzzi rooms. Unfortunately, when a room is booked online through a third party we don't always see the details of the booking until time of arrival if at all. I am glad that staff was good and accomodating and you found your room comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

By the reviews, I was concern to stay in this hotel, but figured one night was not going to be that bad.

The rooms are definitely dated, I had to be a towel over the chair to sit down because it was really worn out and dirty.

Typically the pillows are soft and firm, all if my pillows were firm. My back hurt in the morning.
I found a bug close to the phone.

The one thing that upset me the most was the fact that two housekeeping staff were talking in the hallway. They apparently were not close to each other because the female kept yelling at the male. They were discussing some personal staff and how many rooms they had. Around 8:59am they stopped, but the vacuum replaced them!!!

The people at the front desk were nice.
The hotel was one restaurant onsite. Perkins and other chili place were within walking distance but there is not much else except for other hotel and motels.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CecilbelB,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am sorry your stay with us fell short of your expectations. It is my goal that all guest have an excellent experience with us. I take all reviews seriously and will address the noise issues with housekeeping. I am glad you liked the restuarant. We get many compliments on our food quality and price value. Thank you again for your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a 1am arrival at the Dayton airport. When I called the front desk to ask about the shuttle to the hotel, I was told to call when I arrived. When I called from the airport, I was told the shuttle was already waiting outside for me. The driver was friendly and welcoming- had my name and was ready for me.
The hotel was 11 minutes away, and the desk staff was also welcoming and waiting for me.

The room was clean and comfortable, a continental breakfast minimal but the coffee was good.

Although I read other reviews about the hotel being run down, the lobby, first floor corridor and my room were not Maybe they have been renovated by now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear sbrecken1,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am pleased to read your stay with us was a great experience. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry and when all our departments work like they did with you then we accomplish our goal. We are still doing renovations and will make it an even better place for our guest. Thank you again for your comments.

General manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I did not choose the Holiday Inn, but had to stay because of a cancelled flight and this was the comp hotel. The hotel is supposedly being renovated. This is no excuse for some of the shortcomings. The non-smoking room had a funny smell which meant I had to leave the air conditioning unit on and this was extremely noisy waking me during the night. The staff though was uniformly pleasant and helpful. Skip coffee at breakfast - worst ever!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, don't stay on the second floor which has the noise of the parking lot...
Dear Donna C

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry you did not have a great stay with us. I take all comments serious and follow up with the appropriate departments. The hotel is being renovated. We just completed a new roof, the pool and its surroundings have been redone. We completed the new business center and will be starting on the hallways and guest room doors next. I will check on the funny smell and the noisey A/C unit and act accordingly. I am glad to read that our staff was pleasant and helpful. We strive for perfection with customer service. My apologies about the coffee. I hope you will give us another chance someday, come see me, I will get you a fresh cup of coffee. Thank you again for your review.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited this hotel and the staff was wonderful. The location of this hotel is great near both interstates 70 and 75. The bar area is great with a person name "Fox" and he displays the best in customer service and service. The housekeeping staff was attentive and respect my need of rest and relaxation due to my extensive travel. The hotel was dated but mostly quiet and my check in was great with a new employee that shows the skills of a check in expert.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate when my guest share their experience with me. I am glad you had a great experience and that Fox serviced you well. We take pride in our customer service and always put the guest first. Thank you again for your review.

Holiday Inn NW

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!