“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Dayton Airport

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn Dayton Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Rockridge Rd., St. Rt. 48 & I-70, Englewood, OH 45322 (Formerly Holiday Inn Dayton Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Englewood
Maryland
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here on a layover for company travel. Got in late at night so didn't realize how dirty the room was until the next morning.

Went to make some room coffee and discovered an old, dried up coffee filter in the back of the unit where you normally add water. I had to rinse the coffee maker under the tub spigot to clean it. Then I ran a few cups of water through the unit to clean it out.

The carpet was not vacuumed and somebody left a large toenail near the entrance to the bathroom. Yuck.

The bathroom faucet was not clean nor was the countertop. The tiles in the tub were collapsing into the wall and appeared to let water in. The tub faucet itself let out a squeal when I turned the cold water on. Had to play around with it to eliminate the noise.

The hallway carpets are dirty and lots of the crown moulding is missing with wires exposed. You'll feel like your in a penitentiary rather than a hotel.

The building ventilation system conveniently delivers smoke from the smoking rooms to the non-smoking rooms (as explained by hotel personnel). My coworkers reported this as well.

The nightstand next to my bed also had a layer of dust on it.

In a nutshell this hotel is old, dirty and disgusting. I don't mind old as long as it is clean. This place isn't.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Geraldz,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Be certain that your comments have been documented and will be looked into. You will be glad to know, the cables you saw were just installed so that we could upgrade the hotel to high definition. Thus, the reason some of the crown molding was down. We are in the process of installing new crown molding in the hallways to alleviate any future concerns. We are also in the midst of doing other improvements that directly relate to your issues. Rest assured that we take very serious the comments of our guest and our team reviews them and takes action accordingly. Thank you again for your comments.

Tim McDonald
Holiday Inn Dayton NW

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Interlaken, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Came in late for one night. Nice and fast Check in. The hotel best times are over. It is not dirty, but there was a need to wear socks in the room. Bathroom and bed was clean, aircon louder than anything around. All in all I think, 90 dollars is the real upper limit for a nightly rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Thomas G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your check-in was hassle-free. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn; dirty, out dated and run down. My room was damp, smelled of smoke and I found multiple bugs in my room. Very disappointed with this hotel, would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Amber K,

Thank you for your review and staying with us. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Danville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Check-in was pleasant and professional and reception area was nice enough. Only available room was on first floor- which is partially inside the hill. Felt damp and smelled musty. Room was across from service doors and felt a little industrial. Clean enough but wear your socks- carpet looked like it has had a long hard life.

Room Tip: first floor is out, try another
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear GE0traveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am pleased you were happy about your experience at the reception area. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing your experience!

Karen C
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a run down property. The hallways smell and are hot, as is the elevator. Exposed cables in the hallway. The bathroom smelled and the plumbing fixtures were worn and outdated. Toiletries smelled nice. The TV was a HD LG with decent selections. The bed was ok, but far from comfortable. Many other properties in metro Dayton to frequent then wasting money here.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
Dear GetMeOutOfMissouri,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased that our Television was to your liking. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that your comments about plumbing has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Janice A
IHG Care
Waxahachie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Has truck parking for about 3 trucks, but you better get there early to get parked or have a short truck. This is an older hotel, but they have newer amenities. The towels were the largest and softest that I've seen in a while. The restaurant gave me the wrong $5 burger, and the server was inattentive for my liking, but in his defense, I was the only person in the restaurant. The lounge was more like a watering hole that night, so I just went back to my room and ate the rest of my burger with mashed potatoes on it. Check-in staff was very helpful. No comp breakfast, ...bummer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Jeremy S,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am glad you liked our amenities as well as our helpful check-in staff. Please accept my apologies that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of our hotel as well as the restaurant and the parking. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Karen C
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Hotel has free airport shuttle. Guest rooms are adequate and ready for a renovation. There is a restaurant and bar which more than met our needs. We rented the board room which lets your group select their own lunch choice which is delivered during your meeting - no need to break for lunch. Staff was more than pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!