“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Elyria
michigan
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The rooms had been recently renovated and despite some negative reviews the overall experience was quite positive for us. The hotel was conveniently located and there were several dinning options and there were numerous shopping areas available

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Sue R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aptos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I should have read some of the reviews before making a reservation here. Although we were given a non-smoking room, the motel smelled strongly of stale smoke. The woman (possibly an employee) smoking outside the entrance when we arrived at about 9:30 pm and when we left at about 8:30 am did not make a favorable impression either The room did not look or smell clean and the motel's décor was very much out of date. Best Western should be embarrassed to put its name on this property. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, stay in a motel/hotel which is entirely non-smoking. a
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I am sorry you will not stay here again. We have six smoking rooms out of 56 rooms. I am sorry if the smoke smell was over powering.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and decent. My biggest complaint was breakfast. There was no room to sit. At any given time people were standing. Saturday morning we had to wait for service until the day shift server was "on duty" at 8:00. We know it was 8:00 because she made a point to let us all know (as she put her morning paper away) that she didn't go on duty until 8:00. Then Sunday morning (same server) there was little food because the server let her kids (not paying customers) eat the food!! Yes, her man and kids visited with her in the kitchen while her kids devoured OUR complimentary breakfast. Talk about employee benefits. It was the rudest thing I've ever seen. This place needs a serious evaluation of their employees and management!

• Stayed September 2013
Sue R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The issue with the kids in breakfast area has been addressed. I am very sorry. We recently expanded the breakfast bar and we are waiting for our new furniture to arrive. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

I appreciate your feed back since I can't be here all the time.
Holland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Old coffee in the coffee maker,hair in the sink and a soiled bath towel make this hotel a questionable choice.There are other better choices in Elyria New York,I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites on a previous trip and was totally satisfied with that hotel.A mall is conveniently located very close to the hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sue R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I am very sorry your room was not cleaned well. This is unacceptable and the housekeeper was addressed. I am sorry you will not be a guest here anymore.
Peoria, Il, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent place to stay---family oriented---great breakfast---staff very friendly and helpful pool used by grandkids---had fun!!!! Easy check out----newspaper every day---coffee very good---lots of information brochures on activities in area and surrounding areas

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We enjoyed having you as our guest. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just off the Ohio turnpike - a bit tricky to get to but worth finding it. Stayed there recently for one night on way back from the mid-west with family (two kids under 12) - called from the road and they had room ready. Pool was excellent for the kids to let their steam off right away (wish it was open a bit later than 10pm). Friendly night and morning staff. Nice, clean reception area and overall facilities. Large and clean room (two double beds). Excellent breakfast - lots of food to choose from. Excellent for short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here during parent orientation at Oberlin. It was a nice room...no complaints there. On the second evening I was a guest, the lock on my door malfunctioned. I went out to the hall to buy a bottle of water and the the key would not work when I tried to reenter. First I thought that it was just the card key and went to the desk to get another. That did not work either. They then thought it was the battery in the door, but I was told that there was no one there who knew how to fix it. The maintenance man was in the hospital and there was no one there who knew what to do. I was locked out without even my phone or car keys. I missed the evening program at Oberlin while waiting for another maintenance worker to come to the hotel to try and get the door opened. I could go on about the lengthy wait or the comedy of errors which ensued, but I did eventually get back in the room. When I asked how do I get back in if I leave, the front desk worker told me she would "tape the door" so it stays open. I said that that would mean that my room was to be left unlocked. She said that no one would know. Great. All I need is to be robbed on top of this. The front desk personnel kept telling me that it was not their fault and was very put out that they had to deal with the situation. She did offer $10 off the room, which I told her was poor compensation. I did end up getting half off the price, but after missing the concert and having to stand around for an hour and a half felt that the entire night should have been free. The fact that there was no one in the hotel who could deal with a door on a night that the hotel was full seems ridiculous. I understand the maintenance person was gone, but there should be a contingency plan. Maybe train the front desk so that they can get in if no one is on maintenance duty. I think that hoping a battery doesn't go dead in any of the guest rooms is not a plan. Just to add to it, the front desk personnel the next morning when I was checking out was laughing about it. It was not funny to me at all.

Room Tip: Make sure someone from Maintenance is available.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you missed your son's program. It is the first time in years that the lock went bad when our maintenance man was not available. It was not the batteries. It was definitely a learning experience. I am sorry we learned something from your inconvenience.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!