“Very nice, clean place.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Park Ridge, Illinois
“Very nice, clean place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our stay was such a blur, we checked in late and left early the next day. But I will say that our room was pretty nice and it was pretty clean. The hotel is pretty and well kept. There was a strange odor, we wondered if smoking used to be allowed there. Our son had the room next to ours and his room sort of had an odor, too. Not sure what it was. The guy at the front desk was very nice. The bed springs squeaked, the bathroom was spotless, the room was terrific (with a sofa and a microwave and table and fridge). Good stay. We'd stay at a Country Inn again. I'd say that you could most certainly stay at the Elyria Country Inn without any worries or concerns. It is a well run and clean place to stay at a good price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

If, like us, you find your travels take you across Ohio, you would be well-advised to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Elyria. Especially if Crystal, Tiffany, or Leandra are working the front desk. The hotel is immaculate and these three ladies work to insure every customer is treated with kindness and consideration -- they genuinely care about getting you settled and comfy and go out of their way to insure you know your business is appreciated. The free hot breakfast was the best I've ever had at a CI&S and it's no irony that the CI&S Elyria has transformed what would have otherwise been a totally forgettable trek across the state into a wonderfully memorable journey. This hotel and the staff mentioned here merit my strongest endorsement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Maybe we stayed in one of the newer rooms, but everything we saw was just great. Nice bed, new furniture, beautiful sheets and towels. The only problem we had with the room was a noisy air conditioner - and that wasn't exactly a disaster. The pool was standard, and the fitness center a bit too basic, but public areas were very nice - actually quite homey. 24 hour coffee was a nice touch. Breakfast was good for what it was - but some healthy choices would have been nice. Desk price same as Expedia. Will certainly stay at this chain again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Southgate, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here just one night - clean and nice people at the desk. Nice bright bathroom and internet service is better than hotels that charge way more money. I had just left a 198 per night place with internet that was way worse. It's a little hard to find - if you get off going north you have to cross over the the other side, turn right and turn right again. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Low numbers are by the elevator - elevator is at one end - high numbers way at the other end of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

On our way to the Outer Banks, we stopped over at this Country Inn & Suites. Having tried two other hotels in the area that were dirty and the front desks rude, we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Clean rooms, great service, I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area. Our room with 2 queen beds was just $139 per night and included a breakfast buffet. To top it off, the kids had a great time in the pool!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here in early June of 2012 while in Elyria on business. My choice was guided by the Country Inn and Suites brand, and I was satisfied with the stay. The front desk personnel were very pleasant and the check in (I made my booking online) was fuss free. I was also in this the area for a 2nd night, but the room rate was just too high for that particular night of the week (I can never really understand why rates vary during the week) even with the AAA rate. My overall impression was that the hotel is run well, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the bathroom had a clean feel also. It is not a newer hotel, but has been kept in pretty good shape. The WiFi also worked very well. I did not sample the breakfast or other amenities offered by this hotel. Depending on the rate, I would have no hesitation staying here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: An elevator services all floors. There were no particular noise issues from any direction from memor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was my first time staying in a Country Inn and Suites. Since it was referred to as a suite, I expected a bit more I guess. The room did not appear to be a “suite”. Two beds, a mini fridge and a microwave. Towels were a bit on the thin side. Room lighting was dim.

In appearance, it had a pretty low budget look and feel to the place. Bed was fine. Fairly loud HVAC system. Only heard a little hallway noise during my stay.

It was adequate.

There was an Arby’s located right across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Elyria? Share your experiences!