“Simple and clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
“Simple and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I found the room very clean and the bed comfortable. Nothing fancy of course, this is an Econolodge. The price was fair, and the staff friendly. I had stayed at the super 8 just down the road the night before. Almost the same rooms. The Econolodge has a better location and a more up to date heater/AC. Either will do for an economical stay.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jefferson, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This motel is only for those who like filthy carpet, sticky surfaces (table, phone handset), mold in the bathroom, and burned out light bulbs (to go with the cigarette burns in the bedspread?). The desk clerk seemed to not care, as he didn't offer us another room and said he couldn't find any light bulbs. I have contacted Choice Hotels customer service twice about this matter and both times I was assured that I would hear from the manager within 72 hours. (Still waiting. . .)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bridgeport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this motel for 5 nights (checked in July 4 - checked out July 9) while we attended the NHRA National event in Norwalk, OH and visited Cedar Point. Our room was clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker, and everything in it worked as it should. As another reviewer mentioned, there aren't any ESPN stations available; and the TV stations that are available are somewhat limited. Basically we were only in the room to sleep; so it wasn't much of a problem. There was a safe in our room; we didn't use it and, at checkout, I told the lady that we didn't use it and she removed the $1.00 per day fee from my bill. Another reviewer mentioned a partition at the front desk, I never saw one during my 5 day stay; I have no idea what he is talking about. All things considered, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a refrigerator and microwave are a good value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
cyberspace
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

i read the reviews on tripadvisor and booked a stay here -- i don't understand how this place is getting 4 and 5 star reviews. first of all -- it looks out onto an electrical plant. it's off the freeway but not as convenient as a couple other hotels at the same exit to get to. the rooms are kind of run down -- but clean. you get just the basics --- this is definitely a no frills hotel. the tv is bolted down to the dresser -- this gives you a sense of the ambiance we are talking about. the manager is behind some kind of partition -- not sure if it's bullet proof glass but it didn't make me feel at ease when we checked in. the cleaning lady banged on our door at 8:30am (on a sunday no less) -- to clean the room even tho we were checking out that day. No fridge or coffeemaker, not even a blow dryer for about $100/night? maybe if I paid $50 like some others here i would feel different. all in all it was fine but i hope i never go back and definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

To start with if you are a sports fan and like to watch ESPN this is not the hotel for you. Then the front desk personel are both not curtious and very unprofesional. Lastly there is the house keeping staff, although my issue is with one person alone she deffinetly put me on my guard for the remainder of the staff. The only thing that I'll say is don't leave any loose change around it will not be there when you return and you will not get any help or concern from management.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Traveling from NE to NY. Clipped and used the $47.99 coupon in the Hotel discount book we picked up at the travel plaza. Booked two rooms. Staff was helpful, place was clean. Continental breakfast was the norm. We booked a reservation for our return. Can't go wrong with the coupon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cooksville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here just one night on our 16 hour drive from NY to IL. Tried 3 different hotels first but they were all booked, finally found the Econo Lodge. Front desk reception was super friendly and very helpful...recommended a very yummy pizza place that delivered (Uncle Al's -- SO SO SO CHEAP and GREAT food!!!!) Room was very clean. Stayed with hubby and 3 kids ages 2 thru 9. Would recommend for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!