“Good deal for Oberlin visitors” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   621 Midway Boulevard, Elyria, OH 44035   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Boston
“Good deal for Oberlin visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It's nice to stay in Oberlin, walk to everything, be in the heart of the community. But it's overpriced. For the sake of a 5 mile drive at half the price, this Red Roof Inn is a treasure. We stay in Red Roofs all the time because we usually travel with a dog, and this is one of the best for cleanliness, neatness, and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for the great comments. I have already passed them on to the staff. We do appreciate all our Oberlin College families. Please come and see us again real soon. Thank You. Mike G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at Red Roof Inns all over the country both personal and business. This time it was for a funeral. When I was checking in I met the best employee at Red Roof that I have met in 20 years. Her name is Allyn Duplaga. She went out of her way with a smile. She gave us concierge service at a Red Roof. When I stay at the plaza in NYC they are great but she was even better because she was personable, courteous, and especially thoughtful. My mind was in a thousand places because of our family's loss. I forgot to get a local paper for the obituary not to worry she saved me one. In addition as I waited in line, I watched as she gave each person the same excellent service. Even a guy that was angry when he got to her but was smiling and thanking her as he walked away. You are lucky to have her. You need to recognize her for her efforts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RRIGMElyriaOH, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do try our best to give great service and take care of all of our guests. I will forward your nice comments about Allyn to her and the rest of our staff. I know they appreciate hearing such nice things. Thank you again for your review. Mike.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late, with one tired kid and 2 small dogs. Sharon checked us in and she was terrific!!! She was extremely nice and helpful and even brought take out menus to our room. It was nice to stay in a very comfortable place with excellent staff. I would recommend this hotel and I am rather picky...

• Stayed February 2013
RRIGMElyriaOH, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
On behalf of the staff at the Redroof Inn here in Elyria, we would like to say "THANKS" for such a wonderful review of our Inn. I know Sharon will be proud to know you mentioned her in your review for her job well done. At RRI,Elyria we take pride in making our guest happy. No matter if it's just taking menus to your room or helping you find an easier way to get to your destination. It's what we try to do for every one of our guest. If you're ever in our area please don't hesitate to drop in and see us, we'll be glad to have you!

Front Office Manager
Higgins Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Virginia and found it to be very clean and one of the friendliest hotels we have visited in a long time. Front desk staff was amazing both checking in and checking out. Let alone the price was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RRIGMElyriaOH, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn family here in Elyria. We would like to say thank you for all the great things that you said about the staff and our facility. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inn, Elyria please come stay with us again.

Hope you have a GREAT day.

Front Desk Manager
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at this Inn both going to and coming from Boston. It was a very nice, clean place to stay. We recommend it completely. The bed was comfortable and it kept the noise of the freeway out of the room. We reserved both rooms by phone while we were on the road. We were traveling quickly and so did not get to try the pool but it looked very good. We also did the continental breakfast and it got us on our way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review, I will pass it on to the rest of our staff here at the hotel. It is our goal to make sure your stay here is a great one. We understand you could have stayed at another location and we thank you for choosing ours. We hope that if you're ever on your way from Boston, you'd choose us again.

Front Desk Manager
Lake Tahoe, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Reception staff was very warm and accommodating. My family member exclaimed "it smells like dirty socks!!!" when we entered the room so I turned on the heater and the smell disappeared once the room got warm. The bathroom sink sits right next to the room entry door outside of the bathroom which is tiny, the door opens right onto the toilet and shower, can barely turn around in there. Bathroom was clean, but bath sundries were minimum, bathroom towels were hard and paper-thin. Kleenex was a little travel packet instead of a box. Bed was clean and comfy. Room was quiet. Breakfast was not a spread, it consisted of tons of bread and muffins, oranges or apples, four types of cereals, coffee and juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RRIGMElyriaOH, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I have passed on your comments to the various departments here. I hope you will be able to come back soon so we can prove we are better than the review. Please contact me directly if you are coming to Elyria again, I want you to know we appreciate your business here at Red Roof Inn & Suites Elyria. Mike. G.M.
massahusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a nice clean motel. Nothing spectacular but the staff is very friendly and helpful and the bed comfortable. Our room had a nice little desk. Free wifi and local phone calls. Easy access to highways.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for the very nice comments regarding our staff and service. I know my staff truly enjoys hearing the nice things our guests are saying. We do appreciate all our guests that stay with us here in Elyria. Thank You again!! Mike. G.M.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria? Share your experiences!