“Wedding Reception” 5 of 5 stars
Review of East Liverpool Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Liverpool
East Liverpool Motor Lodge
You added East Liverpool Motor Lodge to your Saves list
2340 Dresden Ave., East Liverpool, OH 43920   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in East Liverpool
Cumberland Gap, TN
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had our wedding reception here last summer. I haven't had time to review it yet. The wedding planner was amazing and worked with us to plan out every detail. I was planning from Tennessee and she was wonderfully accommodating with meeting times and communication. They seriously have the absolutely best prices around for wedding receptions. We toured places in Somerset, PA... Pittsburgh... Steubenville... Weirton... and their prices were all outrageous. I truly think that you get more bang for your buck here. We had about 250 guests and we had plenty of room. The food was average wedding food and all of our guests seemed to enjoy it. The Skylight Ballroom has so many options for decor! We bought a decorating package... the decorator made 1/2 of the centerpieces and did all of the decorating of the tables and my mom did the other 1/2 of the centerpieces. Everything went smooth during the evening! We paid for the open bar and were amazed with the options! Linda, the wedding planner, even ordered from the distributors that my husband preferred at no extra cost (she'll do that as long as it's on their list). She worked with our DJ and cake chef to make sure everything went smooth. She also made sure my new husband, who had a little too much to drink, was well taken care of at the end of the evening ;) The rooms are just rooms! They look like they are from the 1970s but who cares... We wanted to give people a place to stay if they had a little too much to drink and that's exactly what the motor lodge did, at a great rate!!! I highly recommend them!!!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are cool! The jacuzzi rooms do not have a shower.. a bit odd washing your hair in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were here for a wedding reception so I can not rate the rooms other than the fact that the reception was on the second floor and they opened 2 rooms for use of the bathrooms. (I wouldn't stay here). The pool area could have been nice, for it had several pool tables, chairs and looked really nice, except for the pool was dirty, non functioning and the cement ground around the pool was dug up. Could have been from construction or the fact we have had large amounts of rain which have resulted in flooding.

The reception area was set up beautiful, from the tables to the décor to the catering. The food was average (not sure who catered).

The bar I was quite impressed with for such a small motel. It had several TV's, the bar was well maintained, several hi top tables, 2 standard tables. The wedding was at 1 and the reception at 4:30 so with the wait and the distance we traveled to get there, we ate at the bar. The food was awesome!!! The bartender was nice, friendly and did her job as barmaid and serving us, for the restaurant didn't open until 4.

Overall the reception was nice. I would not stay here myself personally, but since I read the reviews and people were really downing the place, I figured I would give my input!

Room Tip: The rooms with the balcony over the pool look nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
here
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

There are no ammenities here. Pool is nonfunctional, hot tub removed and fitness center shut down. Barely a breakfast bar. Stinky mold and mildew everywhere. would give a negative scoring if i could!! bad management here, you take away the things that attract people and put people out of work! shame! shame! shame! how can you give the spa a rating when it isnt there anymore?!?! be better off staying in an outhouse or in my car!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked online from pictures and rates on site. We checked in the diner tbones looked ok had fitness center, hair salon, spa and pool looked clean. However we walked thru the swinging doors and it was hell. The smell of mold lingered in the air my room was disgusting. For $90 something a night oh yes let's discuss price we booked at much lower rate but when I used my tripleA card we paid $13 more . When we questioned it we were told was old rates posted on the website. Hmm I think there are laws against that I will be contacting AAA next

• Stayed May 2013
Wooster, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't know where to begin. I first want to say the staff a the Motorlodge are wonderful, friendly and informative. I only wish I would have been more informed concerning the room we were given. We arrived late in the evening, 9:00pm, and were checked in with ease. We have an engagement that we were running late for so we left from the lobby and went to our other destination. Upon arriving at 12:50am, we entered our room and was horrified. Upon walking in you are hit with a stale, moldy smell that may be coming from the pool area since it was under repair. I then put our luggage down and threw away a bag when I noticed the second bed was broke down--not sleeping it this one! As my husband went into the bathroom, I pulled the covers back on the other bed, I found a "hair', not from a head, on the pillow case. I then noticed "stains" 3/4 of the way down the fitted sheet. At the same time, my husband calls me into the bathroom where some hair was found on the sink. 3rd strike...we are out!The room made us feel uneasy and the thought of calling the front desk to request another room was not an option since it was so late and I'm sure this was the standard room. We immediately grabbed out luggage, left the room key and headed back to our home, 2 hours away...at 1:00am. We will be asking for a full refund.

Room Tip: Read the reviews!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A while back I attended a wedding here and it was wonderful, the food was good and the staff was pleasant and helpful.BUT while back in town to visit friends and family after graduation, I found my experience less than thrilling. My guests and I arrived around 8pm, after a day of graduation festivities with family, the 10 of us were going to talk about getting a room for the night but decided to have a few drinks at the bar first. After about 1 hour ( and 2 drinks) the bar tender started getting really snappy. But the straw that broke the camels back was one of my friends who is on the shorter side, tripped over the chair while trying to step down (for her it was about a 6inchs to the floor. INSTEAD of asking whether or not she was okay, the bar tender started obnoxiously yelling "she's cut off, she's. it off." (Note: while she did have almost 2 mixed drinks she was no where near being "drunk" or to the point of "cut off") after this event the bar tender proceeded to argue with our friends over the matter, while we were simply and calmly trying to explain the situation to this horribly rude and thick bar keep. Safe to say we took our business else where for the weekend. Like I said, I ha e been here for beautiful weddings, but if you do plan on staying DO NOT go to the bar. This event lost not only the bartender major money, but due to her rude nature and ignorance we decided to spend the weekend at another inn.

• Stayed January 2013
East Liverpool, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

First we get to the hotel for the New Years Eve celebration. The Band was Rumors they were great. The celebration was advertised as being in the Skylight ballroom. We ended up being in a banquet room half the size.
Now for the hotel we took our stuff up to our room. There are buckets in the hallway right beside our door. Behind the bathroom door there is mold that someone has tried to paint over. The carpet inside our door is wet from the leak in the hallway. There are broken receptacle covers. When I woke up this morning I put on my glasses and look at the ceiling and saw mold on the ceiling, then I see a trough on the ceiling to get rid of water.
The toilets in this place are terrible you have to flush multiple times to get anything to go down, this was a trend in at least 2 other rooms.
The continental breakfast is a JOKE.
Our group will NOT be going back next year.
I complained at checkout there is NOT a manager there today.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas W, Manager at East Liverpool Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and celebrating NewYear's Eve. I am glad we had an opportunity to speak by phone and address your concerns . I hope I adequately explained the difference between direct flush and tank toilets then. I agree that the Rumors band was entertaining and also feel the room they performed in was appropriate for the size of the crowd. It was accoustically preferred by the band. I deeply apologize for the issue you had with your room. We did experience a roof leak in the hallway outside your room the day of your arrival and while we responded promptly the carpet did become saturated. The staining from the leak you reported as mold has been addressed. As for the breakfast bar, we do not prepare a traditional continental breakfast but instead offer items such as coffee, juices, breads, cookies and self serve Belgian waffles. Please consider that even on New Year's Eve when we offer entertainment, our rooms are typically priced as much as one third less than similar full service hotels in the area. While that is quite a savings for our guests, regrettably it leaves us with less funds for amenities such as an elaborate continental breakfast. Happy travels.

Been to East Liverpool Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!