“Housekeeping stole my purse....3RD WORLD COUNTRY ROOM” 1 of 5 stars
Review of East Liverpool Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Liverpool
East Liverpool Motor Lodge
You added East Liverpool Motor Lodge to your Saves list
2340 Dresden Ave., East Liverpool, OH 43920   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in East Liverpool
pittsburghg
“Housekeeping stole my purse....3RD WORLD COUNTRY ROOM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

$99 room was so dirty(filthy carpets, stained bedding, moldy chairs...pulled the sheets up and the mattress was all torn up with evidence of maybe bed bug dropings?) I couldn't even imagine laying my head to rest, so I decided to make the long drive home...without any complaints or suggestion of a refund. Sadly, I forgot my purse in my room with a nice amount of cash in it along with some pricey and sentimental jewelry. They have been of no help to me at all. They simply took the toothless wonder houskeep word over mine. I filed a police report, but that's probably a no go too. DON'T STAY HERE!!! Its amazing to me that my family held a wedding here last night, spent tons of cash and treated the staff so well and I get this in return. Now I hve to worry about this toothless wonder having my address and social security # from my license. NICE

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
East Liverpool, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We checked in to our room it had no heat, the shower would over flow, there were no covers on the outlets, mold on the ceiling, the hallways are FREEZING even the workers are wearing winter coats. Then they moved us to a new room, that one had heat thankfully, but then we went to the pool and the hot tub was colder than the pool. All you can smell is Mary Jane. I don't know whats going on here but it seemed a little sketchy!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and I will NEVER stay here again. The first room I was put in was supposed to be a "very nice" room. I walked in to peeling paint and a musty smell. When I asked to change rooms, I was put in another room that smelled musty, the lampshades were stained with water and the tub was stained. You walk down the hallway from the lobby and all looks nice until you go thru the double doors to the back hallways. I have to go back on business, but I will NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

This was the worst place I have ever stayed. The carpets were dirty and the sheets were dirty. It was so dirty that I didn't even want to touch any of the furniture without washing my hands. Totally nasty. And that was after we changed rooms. In the first room they gave us, the AC didn't work, the bed was broke, and the room reeked of smoke (although it was non smoking). I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011
Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

The only redeeming quality was the pleasant front desk staff and nice lounge. Other than that, this a tired, dated, worn-out hotel which is in drastic need of redecorating and updating. Bed linen is thread bare and the bath towels are the same. Minimal room amenities, plastic cups, no shampoo only bar soap and a tube TV. Windows on the first floor look like they haven't been cleaned in years.

• Stayed June 2011
eastern, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Well, you get what you pay for...Isn't that the saying. Never in a million years will I ever stay at this place again. The noise is unreal especially on a Friday night. Yelling going on all hours of the night......People running up and down the hallways...knocking on doors....Unreal

This is a bad Mom and Pop Hotel...It is not recomened for older people or, Travelers who think they are going to get a good night's rest.
Stairs no elevator...Rooms are fair condition
Matresses covered with stains.......Decor is old and worn out.....I always pull the top cover off the bed...and it was a good thing...Cause there are cigerette burns and stains everywhere......Thank God for 20/20....
.Bathrooms clean....for the most part
Resturant food is terrible..
Breakfast coffee cups too small...stale donuts and pastry.....
Swimming pool leaks and Hot tub not hot enough to kill germs......you'll probably catch something.....
Don't stay here Travel farther up the rd, to Lisbon or, stay closer in Town and The Comfort Inn....
Remember You Get What You Pay For...Here You Get Nothing... 107.00 on a Friday Night.............

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Pooler, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

The staff at this motor lodge are wonderful. My husband is working in the area and has been staying there since Labor Day 2009. My son and I went to visit him for 3 weeks and everyone went out of their way to make us welcome and comfortable. The food was excellent, the rooms were clean and the towels and linens were new and fresh. The indoor pool and hot tub are a plus...along with the complete gym and beauty shop! It is an older property but we did not find that a drawback, just the opposite....the rooms were quiet and they welcomed our pets. I can't speak highly enough about the owners, staff and accommodations.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to East Liverpool Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!