“Always a treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dublin, Ohio
“Always a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Bonefish Grill is one of our "go to" restaurants because we are always treated to a wonderful experience-fun and cozy atmosphere, friendly and attentive wait staff and excellent food. The best part--it is truly reasonably priced for the quality of food. We often try new dishes, but definitely have our favorites (Chilean sea bass, and of course, the Bang Bang Shrimp for an appetizer!). My husband has ordered a steak on at least one occasion and has never been disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is great!

The service was faultless, the menu extensive and the decor and ambiance was perfect

The Bang Bang shrimp was one of the est meals that I had ever tasted and the crab rice was amazing

This place is great find and with very reasonable prices

I cannot recommend enough

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canal Winchester, OH
“Well that was rather unsatisfying ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had an early dinner here on 3/27/14. When we arrived, there were very few people there, maybe 4 or 5 tables total. Was taken to our seat, said someone will be with you in a minute. Well, about 7 minutes later, a server came by and asked "has anyone been to your table yet?" We answered no, she told us she wasn't our server but would get our drink order and did we want any appetizers, Since we'd had plenty of time to decide on these, we ordered drinks and our appetizer.

Our hostess (not our actual server) brought our drinks to the table and then our actual server (finally) came over to greet us, took our dinner order and brought us our appetizer, and then said "he'd be right back" with appetizer plates and some bread & pesto. We had ordered the "Bang Bang Shrimp" ($9.90) which looked (and was) very good, (but it is a bit on the spicy side as noted in the description), and waited for a minute for our appetizer plates. Still no plates, we began to eat our app -- and had finished about 1/2 of it when the plates arrived. No bread though.

After finishing our app, a busboy (?) cleared the appetizer plates from our table. Our server returned with the -- as promised -- "bread & pesto" in his hand and said "it's going to be a few more minutes on your entrees so I thought I'd bring you some bread." So, we started to grab a bite of the bread, and another server brings our entrees -- not ONE minute later than when our server had just delivered the bread and said it would be a few more minutes.

We ordered the fish & chips ($11.30), and the grilled scallops and shrimp ($17.30). Neither were bad, but neither we anything to rave about -- average in taste in flavor. And I realize "American portions" tend to be huge, but we're used to that, but these were not "American" sized portions. The scallops & shrimp dinner had five medium size shrimp and three (3!) small (nickel size) scallops! On a good note, the steamed broccoli side dish was plentiful though. Also, the scallops & shrimp had an accompanying "side" that came with it of chopped zucchini, peppers and onions. We kind of thought that was a bit of an odd accompaniment to the rather light grilled scallops and broccoli. The fish and chips were four fairly small pieces (square shaped oddly enough -- almost like a McDonald's fish sandwich shape -- but smaller even!) and a moderate portion of fries. And while they were tasty, the portion size was a bit small.

Our sever did check back to see if everything was ok. But never asked if we wanted another drink or anything else.

When we exited the restaurant, my husband said to me, "Well that was rather unsatisfying." And I couldn't think of a better statement and therefore title of this review. Not terrible, certainly not terrific, but average food and rather poor service. I guess we just had much higher expectations. I would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“RUDE to women!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

First, the host looked down his nose at me. I am a single woman and I came from work for a nice dinner in scrubs. So shoot me. The woman asked me if I preferred a table or a booth. I asked for something nice and comfy. I'd had a long, hard day. He led me to a teeny table with a hard wooden chair. I said no. He sniffed, went back up to the front to consult...then led me to a booth. He dropped the board of specials in front of me with, "These are our specials." He spun on his heel and left me. Rude as heck. I almost gathered up my things and left. He was that nasty. I am tired of being treated badly because I am a woman traveling alone. Cody, my waiter, was quite nice, but I overheard a lot more explanations of the offerings to booths of families with men and tables of men. I ordered a lobster tail, assured that it was going to simply lift out. Well, I was brought a chunk of rubber in a shell. I almost had to put my foot on it to get it out. I don't think lobster should require a knife to cut it. It tasted okay. I was NOT given the option of not having the zucchini garnish like others around me. It was okay, not great. The best part of my meal was the potatoes augratin. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER go back to this place and wish I had left when my instincts told me to. While I saw a lot of wait staff rushing around busy, I never once saw a manager on the floor to ask people how things were going. Perhaps they don't ask women or they just don't care. I had been to a great Bone Fish in Ocala, FL and hoped for a similar experience....but no.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North York, Ont
“Very tasty and great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Went here last week. I've been to another location and this location was really good. It was really busy but got a table pretty quick. The service was really good. Got our drinks right away. Pretty good wine list. Everyone enjoyed what they had. I had the shrimp tacos and They were really tasty and very filling. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area