“It's really just a half step above a Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Dublin
Chagrin Falls
“It's really just a half step above a Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I was a little disappointed with our stay at this hotel. With such stellar reviews, I expected a little more. The exterior of the hotel is very nice. The breakfast area/great room is also very nice. The problem I had was that the rooms had a cheap feel to them. The doors were hollow wood, the closet doors were flimsy with plastic handles on them, and when the wind blew, the windows howled. The layout of our 1 bedroom suite was not the best either. There was barely enough room to squeeze between the corner of the bed and the wall to get to the bathroom. Bad planning. I can't speak for the other rooms, but room 309 had a lot of repairs that we're half way done. Repairs were done on the walls but never repainted to match, toilet was crooked, stains on the couch not cleaned, etc. Initially, the place is eye pleasing but once you start to look around, you notice that this place does not pay attention to details like most upper scale hotels do. I think they want to portray themselves as a nicer hotel than they actually are. It's really just a Holiday Inn Express with some lipstick on it. If this is your expectation going into it, it's not a bad place to stay. It's rated number 1 in Dublin, however, I'm sure there are nicer places to stay. Breakfast is included and consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, fruit, etc. Pretty standard. Our rate was $110/night for a 1 bedroom suite on a Friday night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear 6Hotellover9,

We are pleased that you chose our hotel, and that you enjoyed the renovations made in the Great Room area. We also appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. In regards to the imperfections in your guest suite, the hotel management staff is looking into ways to ensure that this type of problem will not be repeated. After our renovation, there were many things that we found needed fine finishings, and we are still working our way through the hotel. We are still finding the right matches of paint and we have reached out to a few other hotels seeking their best pratices for matching paint with tinted knockdown. The Staybridge Suites Columbus Dublin is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from the International Hotel Group Brands.

At Your Service,

Amy Hull and the Staybridge Suites staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and wished we stayed longer. We had a 2 bedroom suite which had a queen and a bathroom in one room and two doubles and a bath in the other which a seperate room with a pullout couch. The beds were comfy rooms were clean. Only complaint I have is that the bathroom light was also the bathroom fan which makes it loud when someone gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathro it's loud if your a light sleeper it will bother you. The breakfast in the morning was amazing! Hot food and a lot to choose from and they have a breakfast on the go bag you can grab at the front desk that they have some items to choose from to grab and go. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful! I would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Cck02,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. Service and clean, comfortable rooms are the top priority for us, and we are happy to hear that you found the room to fit your standards. I have shared your comments about the fan/light combo with our maintenance department to see of an alternative night light to fix that issue. Thank you for your feedback about our breakfast and I am happy to hear you were able to find many things you liked. Thank you again for your post, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Columbus!

Amy Hull and the Staybridge Dublin staff
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed 3 weekend nights at the Staybridge Suites for the first time with four adults and a toddler in one of their two-bedroom suites. It was very nice having so much space, as there were two double beds in one bedroom and one double bed in the other bedroom, and both bedrooms had ensuite bathrooms.

My son still sleeps in a crib, and the crib that the hotel offered was much nicer than the pack n' play that we had brought for him as a back-up. It was a mini-crib, but with metal rails, and a plush mattress. My son is tall enough to climb out of most cribs, and this one was no exception, but I think that he slept well in part due to the comfortable crib.

In addition to the two bedrooms, the room had a nice size living room with a dining table and a small kitchen. The fridge was full size, as was the dishwasher, and microwave.

The hotel offered a decent free breakfast with a fairly good assortment of offerings. Most interesting was during the Monday morning breakfast, they offered a Japanese breakfast with miso soup, soy beans, rice, and other condiments. It was very convenient to have the free breakfast in the hotel, and there was something for everyone. Rating it compared with some of the other Columbus suite hotels we have stayed at, I think this might be the best, or close with the Embassy Suites. The real benefit of Staybridge's breakfast compared with that of the Embassy Suites is that there are a lot fewer people at Staybridge, which makes it more comfortable and relaxed and less like a hospital cafeteria.

The beds were comfortable and they offered a lot of pillows. I found that they didn't offer a lot of full size pillows, but lots of square European style pillows. It took a night or two to find the right mix of pillows for my comfort. The rooms were quite dark when the curtains were closed.

The bathrooms were functional, clean, but no frills. The exhaust fan in the bathrooms made an extremely loud and annoying noise when the light was turned on. This made for middle of the night bathroom trips to be done in the dark, so as not to wake anyone with the noise of the fan. I would highly recommend the hotel think about replacing the fans or putting them on a separate switch from the light.

Free wireless was a nice touch, as was the hotel pool.

We had a room on the courtyard, which was nice. It let in a fair amount of light and provided a more pleasant view than the parking lot.

Room noise was an issue when there were people in the room above us. This was probably my biggest annoyance with our stay.

On the weekends, you have to request cleaning service for your room. I can see for long-term guests that this would make sense, but only staying for a weekend, this was kind of a pain. I would recommend that the hotel consider asking guests upon check-in that are only staying for a weekend if they would like to request cleaning service at that time, and not require them to request it separately.

The location is OK. It isn't very walkable to anything, but a Steak and Shake which we didn't try, but it is an easy drive to a lot nearby.

All in all, it was the most comfortable and relaxing stay that we have had at any Columbus suite style hotel yet. We will likely stay here again on our next trip to Columbus.

Room Tip: I liked having a room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cnk4,

Thank you for staying with us! I saw your comments about the housekeeping services, and I think you make a great point. We are now offering housekeeping services on the weekends without request! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Columnbus.

At your Service,

Amy Hull and the Staybridge Dublin staff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I enjoyed this property very much over the airport Marriott. Rooms were much better appointed, lounge was nicer, food was better. location was far better. A lot of "fun" places to go out at night nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us! I am so glad you chose our hotel and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting me know about the ants in your room. I was able to call a pest control company to come out and spray. He says they just like the accommodations inside this time of year, so they fight their way in however possible. We hope to see you again during your next visit from Connecticut!

At your service,

Amy Hull, and the Staybridge Dublin Staff
Waterford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I needed to travel to Dublin, OH from our home in CT to visit family. My husband chose this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. We also have two small children under 3 so our room with the kitchenette and pull out soffa was perfect. The continental breakfast was a plus as well. Great location, right across from Walmart and close to resturants. Only little drawback was that we did have some ants in the bathroom and kitchen, but I only saw a few and then didn't see them again. Overall we were pleased and will stay here again when we return.

• Stayed February 2013
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
MelissaP940,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave us a review! I have passed your comments along to my staff. We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable in a clean and updated room, with excellent service. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forwad to your next visit to Dublin.

At your service,

Amy Hull, and The Staybridge Staff
Goshen, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great Hotel stay! I stayed with 3 other friends in a wonderful, clean room. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. The continental breakfast was one of the best I have seen. Dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster..electric stove..everything we would need. Had a pull out couch and a chaise lounge in the livingroom. We called and asked about ice and someone delivered a bag of ice for us. Very courteous and pleasant! Don't know if they have a restaurant but the hotel was close to quite a few restaurants and very close to the Tuttle Crossing Mall. Would stay with them anytime!

Room Tip: Did not use room service or a restaurant..don't even know if they have those amenities :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Amy_Hull, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hollie R,

I cannot thank you enough for taking your time to leave such a nice review. I have posted your review for all of my employees to read, and I know they will be so happy to see your comments. It is our goal to provide our guests with comfortable, clean accomodations and exceptional service. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we all look forward to your next trip to Columbus!

- Amy Hull and the Staybridge Dublin Staff
Mineral Wells, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

As expected from Staybridge, we had great service, clean suite rooms, quiet sleeping. Location is perfectly quiet but within half mile of Tuttle Crossing Mall and eateries. Dublin and Powell nearby offer close things to do with Columbus Zoo, water park, shopping. We will return.

• Stayed February 2013
Jeff M,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your review of our hotel! It is our #1 goal is to provide clean, comfortable accomodations and great service for our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus!

Amy Hull and the Staybridge Dublin Staff

Been to Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin? Share your experiences!