“3 time here” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Dublin
Leipsic, oh
“3 time here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my third time staying at this hotel in Dublin. My first two times were with family. Each time it was a great experience. We stayed in a King Studio sweet which was nice. I recommend the two queen bedrooms suite. It is nice and spacious for familys. We stayed in the King because it was me my wife and daughter. We went there just to get out of town for the night and relax. We checked in went to the tuttle crossing mall for awhile. We ate dinner and then got back and relaxed. We went down to swim and sit in the hot tub and the hot tub was out of service. I honestly agreed with last post and would have also stayed at another hotel just to get use of the hot tub so I agree with updating the website.
We got back to the room and my wife started to run herself a bath so she could relax and as the tub was filling she noticed hairs floating in the water and we looked on the walls of the shower and saw hairs as well. I went down the the front desk and we were able to change rooms. That was nice but it just was a pain because we were relaxed and next thing you know were are changing rooms at 8pm at night. At checkout I was tempted to ask about a discount on our bill but I didn't.
All and all I'm not sure if I will return to this hotel as much as I like the location. I just didn't get to relax as much as I wanted to and when we got settled in then we had to change rooms. Time will tell to see if I will return or not

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jessica M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you have visited us in the past and have had a good experience. I do however understand that this time you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found hairs in your bathroom and if this inconvenienced you in any way. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Dublin area.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dublin, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are local Hilton Gold members and picked this hotel for a one night get away - so our expectations may be a little different than others. The main disappointment is that we specifically picked this location for the indoor Jacuzzi and Pool. When we headed down for our relaxing break from winter, we saw the sign "Spa out of service". Upon check out, we mentioned our disappointment and were told that it not only is out of order but will be completely removed. I suggested that updating the website would be helpful since this amenity is no longer offered. We would have chosen a different hotel if we had this information ahead of time. Staff did not seem overly concerned.

Other than that, there was no wastebasket in the bathroom - or we thought in the entire room although when we inquired at checkout it seems there may have been one under the sink.

Our room was not a suite with two rooms separated by doors as we usually encounter at Homewood Suites, so keep this in mind. The layout of the room was very strange - it had no closet, but just a shelf in a very inconvenient location where you felt like you were almost going to bump into the hangers when you passed by. From the outside it appears a utility closet juts into the space for this room so likely the layout is an exception.

Walls are thin, we heard children running around several times in the hall and in the room above.

Breakfast was below usual quality - runny eggs, very dry scones and often either water or OJ was absent for a time. We will not return.

Room Tip: Avoid room 318
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Caroline D:

My staff and management team appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us your recent stay and your concerns. My deepest apologizes for the concerns with your recent stay. We strive that to have every stay feel as if we are your Home away from Home and when that does not happen, we feel extremely concerned as being hospitable is our passion.

With regards to your concerns. Our indoor spa is currently closed as we are making improvements to the indoor recreational area. We have made sure that our website reflects this change so that our guests are well informed of our progress. Additionally, you had some concerns with the layout of your suite. The suite type that you and your family stayed in is one of our King Studio Suites which is the same square footage as a Queen One Bedroom Suite, but does not have the separate bedroom option. The closet in this particular suite is unusual as many of our suites have a spacious closet with mirrored doors.

We want to make sure that you and your family have the best experience we can offer so I would like to invite you and your family to stay with us again so we can show you the true hospitality and quality of hotel that we are. I will be in touch soon.

Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It had been a while since I had stayed at a Homewood Suites; so I was pleasantly surprised. My suite had a microwaver, frig, living room area, 2 flat screen TVs, sofa, table & chair, cooking area, large bedroom and adequate bath area. It was very clean. Mitchell at the front desk was very helpful, professional and friendly. Welcomed me upon arrival. Will definitely stay here during my next trip to Dublin. Free manager's dinner of BBQ, salad and drink allowed me to stay in for the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christina K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Ronilynn777:

Surprises are great, especially when they are positive. We are thrilled to have been able to re-introduce you and your family to the Homewood Suites brand! Thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor participants and thank you for highlighting the great customer service of Mitchell. As a team, we celebrate his "kudos" and look forward to visiting with you during your next visit to Dublin.

Pierport, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Clean comfortable room. Price was good. Lots of accessible power outlets. The wireless internet service was slow. The bed was a bit firm for my taste and I would prefer a blanket in addition to the comforter. Bedding was not as comfortable as a typical Hampton Inn for example. I'd stay here again and recommend it it would be 5 stars with better bedding and faster internet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christina K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Pierport:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your most recent stay with the Dublin Homewood Suites. Our goal is to meet your every need and exceed your expecations. I have some great news to share with you, this year we will be updating our bedding to feature a more comfortable, ultra-soft fabric that will give you "Suite Dreams". We are so excited to be able to offer this new addition to our guests! Additionally, regarding our internet, we have several networks at our hotel to accomodate the high traffic volume, but I will reach out to them to run a diagnostic test to ensure that our guests can "surf & download" at a great speed.

We look forward to visiting with you again during your next trip to Dublin, Ohio. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton!

Homewood Suites Dublin
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The rooms were clean as was the pool area. It was quiet despite the number of guests. The room and pool were as advertised, the staff was great. My son is already begging me to come back in warmer weather so he can play on the basketball court. I have no complaints and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christina K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear BrettCandy:

First and foremost, Thank You for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Dublin Homewood Suites. We are pleased that you and your family had such a great experience and that our suites, amenities and service-focused staff made you feel right at home.

The Basketball Court or "Sport Court" that you mentioned is a feature of the Homewood Suites Brand and is versitile in that it can be also a tennis, volleyball and badminton court. We would love it if you and your family would visit us again, if in the Dublin area, so your son can shoot some hoops!

Thank you again for staying at the Homewood Suites and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton!

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Standard Homewood Suites. Large suite-style rooms, open bathroom concept. Well maintained. Coffee out and paper delivered to room at 4:30am some days, not until 5:30am or later other days - based on who was night manager. Room had unbalanced heating - couch area hot while bathroom cold. Breakfast was different - obvious effort to change it up - but oatmeal not consistently available or cinnamon flavored, good effort but I do oatmeal my way. Exercise equipment was outstanding - high end Precor - and free every morning at 5am for the week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christina K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear 2millionandcounting:

How kind of you to provide feedback from your most recent stay with us! From your review, it looks as if we exceeded your expectations with our newly renovated 24 hour Fitness Center. I am so glad that you were as impressed with our new fitness facility as we were as excited to be able to provide another way for our guests to enjoy their stay.

Regarding our Suite Start Hot Breakfast Buffet, we do try to diversify our breakfast offerings by featuring the Oatmeal Kettle as well as the Yogurt Parfait station and the well-loved Waffle Bar rotationally, in addition to our daily hot buffet and cereal/fresh fruit options. We will continue to offer this complimentary amenity as it is a great way to start your day!

Additionally, I will have our Maintenance team cross-check our 89 spacious suites as they all have central self-controlled air conditioning and heating systems. We want to ensure that you are comfortable from "corner to corner" and will make any adjustments as needed.

Thank you again and we will look forward to visiting with you again during your next trip to Dublin, Ohio.

Chittenango NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice place. I like the suite. The room is spacious, the staff great, and the breakfast is pretty good. My only issues are the bedding is cheap and the shower smelled musty. I'm used to the great bedding at Hampton Inns and found this bedding less than desirable. Overall pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear jimwalter23:

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Dublin. We strive to provide outstanding customer service and clean, comfortable amenities that helps us stand out from the rest.

With regards to your comments, there is some good news, we will be updating our bedding package in 2013 to feature new down comforters as well as bedding treatments. We are excited to have the opportunity to offer this to our guests and hope that in your next visit to Dublin that you will be as impressed with the new bedding as you were with our suites, our breakfast and our team.

Thank you again and we will look forward to providing you with an outstanding experience during your next trip to Dublin.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin? Share your experiences!