“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Dublin
Milwaukee, United States
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Typical Hilton Garden, but needs updating. This is scheduled for 2014. Rooms were clean, but bathroom needed more attention. Hairs in tub, not a big deal but noticeable. Staff was very helpful during check in and offering directions around town. Also assisted in restaurant recommendations. Overall, we were pleased with the experience. FYI - about 8 miles from OSU campus.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Anna H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Joe:

I am so glad to see that you overall had a great stay with us. We are in need of this update, which we are happy to say has just begun this week! We should be seeing some of these results in just a few short weeks. I hope you will come back and stay with us again!

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love Hilton Garden Inns for travel. This facility is in need of up-dating. The rooms were clean, but the carpeting needs to be replaced throughout the facility. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, nice pool, and appeared to be clean, except for the carpeting. Because of the carpeting, the room looked dated. Just not HGI normal look.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so glad that you have left this feedback regarding your stay here at our Hilton Garden Inn. We are in the process now of updating all of our guest rooms as well as the lobby and main areas. I hope you will return to our property soon and can enjoy these improvements we are making!
Elk Grove Village, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is suppose to represent "class" or at least quality. The price we were charged for this room was just short of robbery. The quality of the beds and pillows had our backs hurting after one night. The other issue that really bothered us was the fact that you had to pay for the breakfast in the hotel on top of the higher room rate you had to pay to stay there. Most hotels today give you a free continental breakfast along with your stay and their room rate is cheaper. We are not "cheap" people, however, if we are going to pay a higher rate, we expect better quality.

Eileen:

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback you have left regarding your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. You are right in the fact that a lot of hotels are able to provide breakfast complimentary to guests. Unfortunately with this issue our hands are tied as it is a Hilton standard that Hilton Garden Inns must charge an additional fee for our breakfast, rather than adding that fee into the room rate as other hotels do. As for the bedding, we do currently have adjustable mattresses that form to the firmness of your liking. I apologize that we did not make you aware of this feature. Thank you again for your vaulable feedback and I do hope you will return to stay at our hotel in the future.
Middle Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I'm very disappointed with my stay at this hotel, I'm still here for another night or so and would move to a different hotel if I could, but I'm trapped here unfortunately. I'll start off with the good: I've stayed at worse hotels, this one is fairly clean and the staff is friendly. The room was clean, fresh linens, no sign of bugs or dirt like other hotels I've stayed in. I was greeted with wide smiles when I checked in. I didn't have the room odors that others complained about on here.

The bad:
My room is pricey at $200 a night, which is what I expected to pay for the typical Hilton hotel. I expect a 3/4 star experience, however this was a 2.5 star experience at best.

1. The bathtub drain was broken, I had to ask them to fix it

2. I had problems getting into my room because my key stopped working after they fixed my tub.

3. The hot tub advertised on their website doesn't work, I was really looking forward to using it after the day I had and was a decision factor in choosing the hotel. When I approached the front desk about it, I was lied to and given an excuse like I'm some idiot, "When you turn the timer on this kind of hot tub doesn't have bubbles but the water will move". Really? Do you think I'm that stupid? Nothing comes out of the jets, even when the timer is turned on. Your tub is BROKEN. When I challenged their response I was told "Sorry, that's what they tell me to tell people."
When I compared notes with another guest they were told outright that it's broken but they're remodeling the hotel in a few months so it will eventually be fixed. This is unacceptable. You're charging $200 a night for amenities that don't work! Change your name from Hilton to Days Inn because this property doesn't deserve the Hilton name.

4. I go to the overpriced soda machine, purchase Iced Tea, but a bottle of water comes out instead. I inform the front desk and I'm greeted with the response "Really? Usually it's the other way around and people buy water and iced tea comes out!". No offer to replace it or refund.

5. There is no way my King size bed is a true King, it's smaller.

6. I never hear guests above me in other hotels, even in the cheaper hotels I've been in. I could hear every footstep of the guests above me. I had to put ear plugs in to go to sleep.

7. They charge you for the continental breakfast! Really? I have to pay $5 for a donut? Yet I'm paying $200 for a room with broken amenities?

I have no intention of staying in this hotel again, I'd switch hotels if it wasn't such a logistical nightmare.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Keith:

I am terribly sorry that we fell completely short of your expectations of your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. This is truly not the norm for our hotel. I assure you that we had maintenance investigate and correct each of these issues upon your checkout from the hotel. I hope that you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves with you and stay with us again in the future.
South Milwaukee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

they put us in a smoking room when they were advertised on the site I booked from as a smoke free facility, the breakfast area was filthy every morning, tables were never wiped after a guest left, no response from wait staff when asked where I should sit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Leah:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. I sincerely apologize that you were placed in a smoking room. It looks like you had booked your room through Expedia, and during that reservation process, Exepdia added into your reservation that you requested a smoking room, therefore we thought we were honoring your request by putting you into that room. I also apologize for the service received during the breakfast hours. We offer a buffet style breakfast where you are able to seat yourself wherever you'd like. I thank you again for your valuable feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

On a whim we decided to stay over in Columbus after an all day meeting. Our room was very dated. The door to the bathroom looked like someone had carved a hole in it & they had patched it but the door did not close right. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. No breakfast included. Breakfast cost 8.95. Will choose a Hampton over a Hilton Garden next time!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Smb46:

Thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn. I apologize that Hilton Garden Inn is not your preferred hotel choice. Our rooms are currently in the process of being fully renovated and will have some of these brand new rooms completed by the end of the year. Hampton Inns as a brand standard are able to include the price of breakfast into their room rate so you do not have to pay for that separately. Hilton Garden Inns, however, do not add it into the room rate and therefore have to charge a separate fee for it as we offer a full hot breakfast with cooked to order items.
Greensburg, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Only stayed for one night, but the service was great and the room was very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, quiet place to stay. The food from room service was very good as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Shawnd:

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. I am so glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expecations and provide you with great service! We hope you will continue to stay at our hotel each time you are in the Dublin area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin? Share your experiences!