“Great Place To Stay When Visiting OSU” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place To Stay When Visiting OSU”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent two nights here in April 2013 while my daughter visited the OSU campus. We found this hotel to be clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. A Good One. A few comments:

The hotel seemed fairly new, everything was clean and well maintained, no issues here.

The staff was friendly enough and our reservation was correct, no issues.

The hotel is located right off the expressway with convenient shopping and dining nearby. The Dublin area seemed to be a very nice, well-maintained suburban area. On our check in folder however was a sticker from the Dublin police warning you not to leave valuables in your car, so I can only assume they have had some problems. In general however the area was not threatening.

This was not the cheapest hotel in Columbus, we paid ~$130 a night, but for a good-sized metro area is not a bad price for a good hotel.

We drove into the OSU campus during morning rush hour and it took only 20 minutes or so. Not a bad trip time in any city, so on future visits this location would be acceptable to us while visiting OSU.

This is a business hotel, weeknights seem fairly full, but business folks are generally well behaved and quiet. No issues. We did stay a Friday night and saw several youth sports teams represented, so I think weekend stays may have the potential to get a bit loud with large groups of kids. We only heard a bit of this on our Friday night stay, but if staying on a weekend, you may want to confirm if a sports tournament is going on in the area or not.

We stay at many Holiday Inn Expresses each year and this one goes into the "Good One" category. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
HAMLIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were recently in Columbus to buy a wedding dress. I booked a queen room with a spa tub because it was pet friendly. Since, I had book through one of the travel agencies, I had paid in advance. Since I had declared the dog on booking, I never declared her at check in. After we got and took our baggage up, we received a phone call from a clerk rudely acting like we had slipped the dog in...I felt like a school child who had gotten caught sneaking. I nicely explained, I didn't realize the fee and declaration had not be charged. But, even though I apologized for the misunderstanding and I told the clerk no problem, we knew there was a charge, she still acted as if she had not been satisfied that I wasn't sneaking her in....by the way, the dog boldly pranced through the lobby on a leash...we in no way hid the dog. The clerk still continued repeating they had a dog charge and I had to pay it. I kept telling her no problem we would gladly pay it, but she kept "quarrelling." I went to pay and the clerk couldn't put her phone down while she waited on me. I felt her "aggressive tone" and "chastising" was way over the top and rude.

When I got back home and checked by bank e-statement, I realized, they had not only charged me the dog fee, but they had preauthorized another charge they had not released from my account. After several phone calls, we did get it resolved, but when I called, I was told they did the preauthorization for incidentals I might use. I was not informed of any of this. The only approval for my debit acct was the $35.00 pet fee. I was very upset about the unauthorized charge.

The staff was not friendly, the breakfast was not good and the room did not have the spa tub. I will not be staying here again. We come here often and have stayed at other pet friendly places we were happy with... We only chose this one because it was close to the bridal store.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chad P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We strive to be a great hotel guests love and we want to do anything we can to correct any part of your stay that is not right. We apologize if you felt treated unfairly as this is never our intention with our guests. We apologize on the behalf of the booking source as it appears they may have misinformed you on our room types as we do not have any rooms with two queen beds with a whirlpool at our hotel. We do, however, offer rooms with a king bed and a whirlpool.

We never authorize credit or debit cards without your prior authorization as it is against our privacy policy and the total for the pet fee was the only authorization we placed. If you have chance, I would be happy to talk with you directly about your stay as we never want you feel we have not provided the best service possible or feel you cannot return when your travels bring you back to the Dublin area.

We hope to hear from you soon!
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a GREAT stay!!.. This hotel is imaculate and fresh. Our room was pleasant, clean and comfortable. Staff was as friendly as anywhere we have stayed. Used the pool and it was so nice...perfect condition. I travel for both business an pleasure and this last minute stop was a great experience. I will definetly be back next time I am in Columbus. Thie hotel staff truly understands the hospitality business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We love that you enjoyed your stay and experience with us on a last minute stop! We strive to provide a great hotel guests love, and comments like the one you submitted let us as a staff know we are completely focused on providing that concept to all guests at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
ann arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Family of four visiting the Columbus Zoo (yes in the dead of winter). This was a recommended hotel through the zoo website. Great choice and location. Its less than ten minutes away from the zoo. Its close to freeways and plenty of shopping and dining. The hotel was clean, the staff was more than friendly. The pool was out of comission for the weekend so the staff gave us an even better deal on the room at check in. The room was nice and the hotel was pretty quiet. The staff handled the Saturday morning breakfast rush beautifully. The decor of the public spaces was modern and the room was updated. This is a great choice for families, we will return in warmer weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us while attending the Columbus Zoo. We do apologize for the pool being unavailable; adjusting the rate and taking care of you and your family so you can relax is of the upmost importance to us. You being able to relax and enjoy your stay lets other potential guests know we truly care about you, the guest, as you are the most important part of the hotel industry!

We hope to see you again!
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Again, very clean and very new feeling everywhere in the hotel. We stayed here Labor Day and when coming back to columbus, kind of out of our way, but knew we wanted to stay here again because of our first stay. However, the indoor pool was ridiculously cold! I dont expect a pool to be warm, but it felt like melted ice cubes. It was awful. My small children were so excited to swim and it was awful telling them they couldn't swim any longer because our 3 year old had turned blue. Also had a run in before we left with a housekeeper who was totally eager to get in everyone's rooms and clean. I was just headed to the car with a bag and she was questioning what room and that we were gone. A little disappointed this time around, but the building and rooms itself are very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for sharing your experience with others and hope your 2nd stay does not deter us from choosing us again when you are in the area. We have completed some updates to our pool area, so the issue with the temperature will not be an issue in the future. We have also completed some additional training with our housekeeping staff to better assist with a guest's overall experience at our hotel. Please feel open to contacting us directly concerning your stay as we want you to have the best and most relaxing experience possible during every stay with us!
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice Holiday Inn with managers drins and wings on Tuesdays. Large sports bar across the parking lot and a pizza joint as well. The rooms are modern and the location for business in norther Columbus area is great. Close to I270 for access to the rest of town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to hear you enjoy our Managers' Reception held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and the complimentary food and drinks we serve during the reception. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with others! We looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Dublin area!
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Where to start...? Business travel was taking me to the Columbus OH area and I had originally booked my 4 night stay at the HIE in Groveport, OH. They promptly lost my business when I followed up my online reservation with a phone call to confirm their "pet friendly" status. I was told they were, but when inquiring about upgrades was met with a stone wall and was told they could afford me no flexibility as to room choice. Period. The rest of that is a very long story that ended with a complaint to IHG by this Platinum Priority Club member. I then rebooked at the HIE Dublin, followed up with a phone call, and could not have been more warmly welcomed by Meredith at the front desk. Pet friendly, upgrades NO problem, whatever I needed Meredith bent over backwards to accommodate me. I later had a phone conversation with Chanel at the FD and received the same, over the top hospitality.

Upon arrival, my sidekick, Gus (a little black Scottish Terrier) and I were checked in quickly and efficiently into my King Jacuzzi Suite. The room was immaculate. Tues - Thursday they offer a Manager's Reception that offers a different menu option each night. Dining room staff both in the morning at breakfast and in the evening at the Manager's Reception were super friendly. The food was the usual fare, but hot and fresh. The dining area was also clean and inviting.

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at this HIE. Everyone goes above and beyond to provide the best in hospitality, even helping me out once by holding Gus's leash while I grabbed something from the Manager's Reception one evening to take back to my room.

This hotel was so impressive that when I learned my travels would take me back to Columbus this week, I made my reservations before leaving the hotel. When I checked in this week (without Gus), was once again greeted by the friendliest FD staff. One little issue shortly after check-in was quickly resolved and I was even given additional points for the inconvenience.

This property is in a great location. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. WIFI was fast. Rooms were exceptionally well tended. Kudos to housekeeping, as well!

Thanks to all at this exceptionally nice HIE for making both my weeks in Columbus a pleasant, comfortable experience. If business should bring me back your way, rest assured, I'll be staying with you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chad P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful response about your experience at our hotel. You review is what makes working in the hotel industry such a rewarding experience for us on a daily basis.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin? Share your experiences!