Spent two nights here in April 2013 while my daughter visited the OSU campus. We found this hotel to be clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. A Good One. A few comments:
The hotel seemed fairly new, everything was clean and well maintained, no issues here.
The staff was friendly enough and our reservation was correct, no issues.
The hotel is located right off the expressway with convenient shopping and dining nearby. The Dublin area seemed to be a very nice, well-maintained suburban area. On our check in folder however was a sticker from the Dublin police warning you not to leave valuables in your car, so I can only assume they have had some problems. In general however the area was not threatening.
This was not the cheapest hotel in Columbus, we paid ~$130 a night, but for a good-sized metro area is not a bad price for a good hotel.
We drove into the OSU campus during morning rush hour and it took only 20 minutes or so. Not a bad trip time in any city, so on future visits this location would be acceptable to us while visiting OSU.
This is a business hotel, weeknights seem fairly full, but business folks are generally well behaved and quiet. No issues. We did stay a Friday night and saw several youth sports teams represented, so I think weekend stays may have the potential to get a bit loud with large groups of kids. We only heard a bit of this on our Friday night stay, but if staying on a weekend, you may want to confirm if a sports tournament is going on in the area or not.
We stay at many Holiday Inn Expresses each year and this one goes into the "Good One" category. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio. Coming to this Dublin hotel for business or pleasure is a snap as we are just west of I-270 off of exit 15, in Northwest Columbus. You may find yourself feeling particularly smart for choosing to stay at our new Express on Tuttle Crossing Blvd., located just 10 minutes from the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay Water Park, 5 minutes from the Dublin Irish Festival grounds, Muirfield Village Golf Club (home of the PGA Memorial Tournament) and 15 minutes from downtown Columbus. Meeting space for up to 50 divides into 2 smaller spaces with natural light. We have a professional meeting planner on-site. Restaurants abound in the immediate area and many are within walking distance. Relax in our indoor pool & whirlpool, or enjoy the serene atmosphere created by our Sky-High-Water-Feature-Wall and the natural indoor landscaping that makes our new hotel in Dublin stands out above the rest. Weekend packages & exclusive, guaranteed-lowest group rates are available by request. Our breakfast is still free, and now features hot entrees as well as our signature, exclusive cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee. Our Simply Smart Bedding Collection will have you waking up feeling refreshed and recharged. Free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, plus our online concierge, eHost, are also available to assist with information about the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Ohio