“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dublin
Cincinnati, OH
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference at the hotel. The staff were super nice. No parking fee, location is great (lots of dining close, and a mall across the street). The conference was set up well and the food was very good. I used up the last of my toothpase and the front desk gave me some complimentary packs.

The gym has several treadmills, 2 bikes and some other equipment. There is also a window looking into the indoor pool area.

The negatives: my room did not get cleaned while I was at the conference from 8-5. It wasn't a big deal-so I didn't tell anyone. The water pipes are very loud-I'm not a light sleeper, but it woke me up one night.

We are Mariott reward members but usually stay mostly at Hiltons-but this hotel was very nice and the staff were more than friendly!

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Troy Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The staff is outstanding, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The surrounding area can't be beat, shopping, excellent restaurants. I plan business meetings and this is my #1 hotel to hold an event. Many of the staff have been there for years, and there is a reason for that, they are a family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cherry Hill, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Room Type: Standard King
Rate Paid: $189 per night
Reason For Stay:
Overall Average Score: 9/10

Location - 8/10

The hotel is located right off the beltway, it can be a little tricky to find the entrance, just swing around past the shops. There are numerous places to eat within walking distance and/or short drive, and there appear to be many attractions in the area. It is a decent distance from the airport, a cab will run at least $60.

Room Design - 10/10

Rooms are spacious, and feature the new Marriott connection center on the desk with plenty of plugs and connection to the flat screen TV. The king bed was very comfortable.

Room Amenities - 9/10

Standard Marriott toiletries. Refrigerator was provided. Charge for bottled water.

Design and Layout - 9/10

The lobby is very inviting, with a water feature and lots of open space. Only 9/10 due to the elevators being a bit tricky to find (see Service, below)

Amenities - Non Club - 9/10

A sundry shop is located off the front desk, the hotel has a nice gym area and pool, no hot tub I could locate.

Wireless internet is available hotel wide. I was given a code for free (and fast) access, I am not sure if that is a common amenity or a result of frequent traveler status.

There is a small business center on the first floor. Printing of airline boarding passes is free, I did not use any other services.

Free parking.

Club Room - Did not use

Hotel Staff - 11/10

Yes, I said 11/10. From check-in to check out, the service was exceptional. On check in, the clerk came out from behind the desk to clearly indicate the way to the elevators. Waiting to leave I was asked if I needed a cab, I had already booked one. Housekeepers offered unsolicited greetings and even the maintenance man I met in the elevator was friendly!

Dining - 8/10

The in house restaurant has excellent food, if a tad pricey on some items. On the night I ate there service was VERY slow, however I attribute this to there being a few very large groups in the facility and I don't think they were expected. Lunch the next day with my meeting group was a vast improvement. The lunch buffet was a very good value!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Due to a massive ice storm, power was out to our home for several days. My husband and I decided to go to a hotel, and came to this one. We're so glad we did! The people were fantastic; welcoming and helpful to a couple of cold, tired people. The interior is very nice, with an indoor waterfall that helps create a calming ambience. The room iteself was spacious and clean. VERY quiet room...one of the quietest hotel rooms I've ever been in, as a matter of fact. The room service breakfast was pricey (as one would expect), but was hot and tasty and delivered when we requested it. All in all, a terrific stay. We will recommend this hotel to friends and family who come to town needing a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hartville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I spent the night here (again) on September 3rd. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between a mediocre hotel and a top-line hotel:

You walk into the hotel and directly in front of you is a bright, spacious lobby with fountains of water and lots of light. Everyone at the front desk goes the "extra mile" to welcome you with a smile.

The room is always large, flat-screen TV, and the bed ---let's just say I wish our bed at home was half this nice! Everything is immaculate.

My friend and I had drinks in the lounge and was attended by a great waitress (did not get her name) and a most attentive manager, Eric. It was not until I was checking out the next day that I found out that Eric is new, in fact that was just his 5th day of employment. Marriott, you have a gem in Eric.

As I was checking out on Saturday I talked to another outstanding manager (unfortunately did not get his name). He told me it sometimes takes a while to fill a position here because they won't hire just anyone, they want to make sure the person they hire is absolutely tuned into the guests' needs.

Elegance in the lobby, the comfy-est bed ever, and topnotch people make this Marriott THE place to stay when in the Columbus area. (Even though it is in Dublin, you can be downtown in just about 15 minutes.)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I travel a lot for business and I would have to say that this hotel offers some of the best customer service i have seen in years. We traveled with large group of people and they were extremely accomodating. From the time we walked into the hotel we were greeted with a warm hello and a very imformative front desk staff. You always received a sincere hello and went out of their way to help you.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for both leisure and business.
Great job to the management of this hotel as you have done a great job with your staff.

• Stayed July 2010
North Greenbush, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Due to my job responsibilities, I have the opportunity to choose and stay at many hotels throughout the US. There is one hotel, The Marriott Northwest in Dublin, OH, that continues to stand out, due to the incredible staff and service they provide each and every stay (I stay at this location approximately 15 to 20 stays per year). Ralph and Lisa provide the leadership, while Tiffany, Tiffany, Kristin, and John provide excellent day to day service. It truly is the closest thing to home when I am away from my family. If you have the opportunity when in the Columbus area, please stop by and spend some time with this great TEAM...Enjoy!!!.....MB

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Columbus Northwest? Share your experiences!