“Dont stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dublin
Brunswick, Ohio
“Dont stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

One would think if you get a suite for a family of 4 there would be enough plates and silverware to accommodate. There were 2 large plates, 2 small plates, 3 cups. No utensils for a family of four. There were 2 spoons, 1 knife, no forks, They were in very poor condition and twisted. Room was disgusting, found socks, brush, used tissue and water bottles under the bed that did not belong to my family. Was told by the front staff would have to bring down my dirty towels if I wanted clean ones, an extra was out of the question. Beds were hard as a rock and pillows smelled. To late to complain got in late and needed a place to stay. Staff was made aware after check out via phone call. Did not seem to care. If a manager replies to my review and tell me we strive to make our rooms clean and comfortable should know now that he or she should discuss this with the employees. It is they who need to know what your striving for. We travel a lot , will never stay at this chain again. I should not have to ask for those things that should be expected when paying for service. It should be exactly that EXPECTED.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Theresa – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to learn that our level of cleanliness and customer service did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dub@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for one night at $40 less than the surrounding hotels. It was very clean. The kitchen area and utensils and cookware were very clean also. There is a Kroger on the corner with a wide variety of organic foods if you decide to cook. There are also a few restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Nicole - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I won this hotel from a Priceline bid. The check in was very easy and the front desk was able to easily change our accommodations to 2 double beds. Hotel was VERY CLEAN and smelled of fresh paint in the hallways. The room was very clean and comfortable. Had never stayed at an extended stay before. Will certainly look for one for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nites, there was no maid service or clean towels. i realize this was an extended stay, but for the high cost of presidents cups weekend, service should have been elevated with the cost of rooms. No breakfast other than muffins and coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Joyce - Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am terribly sorry that you were not made aware of our housekeeping policies when you checked in. These policies are to be explained to every guest at the time of check in. I will look into why it was not done for you. I also apologize that you were unhappy with our "Grab and Go" breakfast. The breakfast was designed for those wanting something for breakfast but not wanting to take the time to sit and eat. We offer granola bars, Oatmeal To Go Bars as well as fresh fruit, and oatmeal. I hope you will give a second chance if you are ever in the area again. We look forward to seeing you again!
Fishers, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'd never stayed at an Extended Stay hotel and was pleasantly surprised. I was in town for the Irish Festival and I chose this hotel because it was the best price for the weekend. Check-in was easy, the room was clean, cool and welcoming. I was surprised at how big it was - plus a full kitchen. Next year I'll know what to bring with me. The bed was comfortable - the hotel was quiet. Only complaint I had was no hair dryer in the room - had to request one from the front desk. A minor inconvenience; but there's an ironing board and iron in the room - why not a hair dryer? All in all, a very nice weekend stay and I will definitely stay here again if I return for next year's festival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and welcoming. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel at home with us. I am happy we were able to do this for you. We hope you enjoyed the Festival!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back for the Irish Festival next year!
Plain, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Check in was a breeze - Saad was very pleasant & efficient! Hotel was clean, nicely decorated, and no cigarette smells! Rooms were good sized - loved the kitchen - cooked our own supper & breakfast. Kids grabbed some breakfast bars & fruit to take along. Checkout was quick & pleasant - Andi was great! Would recommend this to anyone visiting the Columbus Zoo - just a short ride to the Zoo.

Room Tip: The rooms are cheaper & more available for the Zoo in June than in July & August!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Kathy - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm thrilled that Saad and Andi helped make your stay a good one. I am very happy that you found your room to be clean and smoke free. Cleanliness is very important to us, as we want all of our guests to feel comfortable and at home while visiting our hotel.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall the hotel was decent. Very clean. However, the room was a little on the dingy side and the smell of smoke in our non-smoking room was overwhelming. The staff was very kind and helpful. It was a good stay for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Karoline - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your room had a slight smoke odor. I am working with our maintenance department to eliminate this as soon as possible. Still, we are very pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean overall and our staff to be helpful.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin? Share your experiences!